Run Away

I Can Only Love You

"You say they're lies, but then..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Months Later- August

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Alice was walking with some of her friends after her last class of the day, talking happily. Most, if not all the students from America, were getting ready to go back. Alice would be staying a whole year, and if she passed the exam, finish her studies in Japan. Her Japanese was through the roof by now. She had quickly improved with her Japanese, and was at the top of her class. She had completely immersed herself in the culture while her friends who would soon would be returning were barely getting more deeply immersed. She had grown a bit more distant from them and more often spent time with Japanese students than the American students.

  Alice was still dating Yamaa in secret, managing to keep it secret from even Shouji and Tauru. Alice knew Yamaa had to go about breaking up with Maki, but even to her it had felt it had taken too long. Yamaa made her promise to not look up any news about Yamaa and to wait for him to bring the news himself. She’d agreed, but she began feeling wary, yet kept on trusting Yamaa. And her friends never brought it up, because they knew it upset her to hear about Yamaki. It was taboo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Week Earlier

  Yamaa had been trying hard to meet up with Maki to officially end things. Both their schedules had been packed, making it hard to meet up. That, and usually when they were both free, he spent with Alice. He knew if Alice knew she would have sent him to take care of it, but he wanted to spend whatever time he could with Alice. Today was finally the day though. Alice was in school, and Maki was free, as was he.

  “Yamapi!” he glanced up, leaning against a wall near a shopping center. Some fans had noticed and pulled out their phones to take pictures. “Did you wait long?”

  “No,” she shook his head and walked up to meet her. “Got here okay?”

  “N!” she smiled brightly. “I was so happy when you said we should meet.”

  He bit his lip, “Ah, hontou?”

  “Mhm!” she tugged his arm playfully. “Let’s go!”

  “Ah, hai,” he nodded and led the way, Maki holding unto his arm. “Make, we need to talk…”

  “Let’s go in here!” Maki pulled him inside a store.

  “Maki!” surprised, he followed her inside.

  She ran to a display case, looking in. “Look at these rings!”

  “Yubiwa?” he started getting a bad feeling.

  “That one is gorgeous!” she motioned to him.

  “Maki…” he walked slowly towards her.

  “Would you like to try it on?” a petite woman approached Maki from the other side of the counter.

  “May I?” Maki looked on at a single ring in particular, bright eyed.

  “Of course,” the woman smiled an opened the case, taking the ring out and placing the box gently on top.

  “Kirei!” Maki gently removed the ring from the box and placed it on her ring finger. “Yamapi, mite!”

  “Maki,” he said more seriously.

  She slowly looked up from the ring to Yamaa, and her smile faltered. “Na-nani?”

  “Maki…” he looked at her with determination. “Let’s—”

  “Yes!” Maki nodded furiously, cutting him off. “Let’s get married.”

  “Maki!” exclaimed Yamaa.

  “Oh! Omedetou gozaimasu!” the woman said.

  “Arigatou gozaimasu!” Maki smiled brightly.

  “Yes!” he whipped around to see a man on the phone. “He proposed in my jewelry ship and she said yes. They’re buying the ring now.”

   No, Yamaa thought. No. This can’t be happening. This isn’t supposed to happen.

Present

  Yamaa groaned, sitting down during their break. Johny’s had quickly spread the news and advertized how strongly they supported the engagement. Maki’s agency was likewise enthusiastic. Things were moving too fast and he still didn’t know what to do. He refused to tell Alice until things got fixed. But time was ticking, and he knew it. Things couldn’t continue on that way. If they did, things could go completely wrong, and he feared… it could cost him to lose Alice, something he desperately wanted to avoid from happening.

  “Yo!” Yamaa looked u and saw Ryo. “You seem to have a lot on your mind lately.”

  “Shush,” he rolled his shoulders, trying to relax.

  “Of course you would, being engaged and all,” Ryo continued. Yamaa tried to shoot him a glare, but all Ryo saw was pain and worry. “But you don’t seem so happy…”

  “Urusai!” Yamaa snapped. Ryo was about to talk back, only to stop when Yamaa answered his phone. “Moshi moshi?”

  “Konichiwa!” a chipper voice greeted.

  “Maki…” he frowned and his features seemed to darken, making Ryo curious as he watched and listened. “Wedding catalogue?.... It’s at my place… n… demo, I’m not home right now… eeto…” he looked over at Shouji and covered the mouth piece. “Shouji!”

  “Hai?” Shouji approached.

  “When does Alice come home today?” his expression softened as he mentioned her name, and Ryo raised an eyebrow, catching the change of expression, and remembered.

  “Not until a little after four,” Shouji looked at his watch. “In another two hours or so.”

  “Arigatou,” he removed his hand from the mouth piece, his expression becoming indifferent as he spoke to Maki. “You can go ahead and pick it up now since you’re free. Hai… ialoceyouta…” he mumbled the last bit and hung up.

  “You don’t love her,” Ryo finally said. “You still have feelings for Alice. So why propose to Maki?”

  “I didn’t,” they spoke in hushed voices now. “She dragged me and gave the wrong impression to the people there.”

  “I hate to say this,” he leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest. “Alice-san probably doesn’t even…” he stopped when he saw Yamaa’s giddy expression. “Hontou?”

  “Three months…” he couldn’t hide his small smile at the thought of Alice.

  “What does she think about…?” he trailed off.

  “I told her it was for show and that I was going to break it off,” he frowned, angst clouding his features. “I’ve kept her from knowing of the engagement for now of course.”

  “She’s bound to find out soon,” Ryo pointed out bluntly. “You should just tell her now. You have already told her about Maki, so she should understand.”

  “Yamapi!” Shouji approached the pair once again, placing his phone back into his pocket. “Alice just called saying she won’t need a ride home today since class got canceled, so she’s headed home now.”

  “Nani!?” alarm swept through him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maki’s P.O.V.

  I pressed the combination to unlock Yamapi’s door, swiftly stepping inside. The place hadn’t changed much since I’d last visited, but it felt warmer, calmer. It must be because we’re getting married, I smiled and stopped to see a picture of Yamapi with a blue eyed, black haired girl. They both smiled warmly, dressed in traditional kimonos. My heart twisted and I bit my lip. I knew I shouldn’t worry since I loved him and he loved me?

  I shook my head to clear it. He wouldn’t have proposed otherwise. He loved me.

  I turned around and looked at my ring as I headed to the kitchen for some water. The ring was beautiful, and I loved seeing it there. I felt ecstasy knowing we’d be getting married soon. I had held feelings for him for so long. This was finally it.

  I took a small sip from before putting it down on the counter and walking with a light skip to his room. I peeked inside shyly, and smiled warmly. I would be living here soon. This would be my room. I scanned the room before spotting a large white envelope. I walked to the desk and took the envelope, taking the catalogue out as I headed to the kitchen once again. I sat on a stool, scanning the pages as I sipped form my cup.

  “Tadaima!” a girl’s voice reached my ears and I looked up to see a petite girl walking in from the door.

  “Hajimemae!” I stood up and bowed politely.

  “Da—?” her question hung in the air as she recognized me, her eyes growing wide. “Ha-hajimemae, Peterson, Alice desu.”

  I smiled. “We finally meet,” she nodded slowly, placing her bag down.

  “N,” she looked at me curiously, but awkwardly.

  “Thank you for looking after my Yamapi,” something flashed in her eyes quickly, making me think I’d only imagined it.

  “Douitashimae,” she whispered, and I figured she was just shy. “What brings you here?”

  “I came to pick up the wedding catalogue,” I smiled, touching the ring on my finger unconsciously.

  “Wedding catalogue?” her eyes looked at it to my ring, making me blush.

  “Didn’t Yamaa tell you?” I realized she didn’t know, surprised.

  “Alice!” the door swung open and in came Yamapi.

  “Yamapi!” I strode to him, passing Alice who kept her back to Yamapi. “You’re home.”

  He pushed past me and walked to Alice. “Alice…” he placed a hand on her shoulder.

  “Don’t touch me,” she hissed as she ran to her room, surprising me.

  “Yamapi…?” I whispered, heart pounding. “Is she okay?”

  “No,” he whipped around and faced me, eyes reflecting panic and anger. “She’s not okay.”

  “Dou-doue?’ my voice cracked.

  “Because of you,” he accused, anger aimed at me. “It’s your fault.”

  “Yamapi?” we both looked towards the door, Tauru at the door. “Where’s Alice? She told me to pick her up, saying she needed a ride…”

  “Why?” his voice trembled.

  “Oh, Alice?” Tauru looked past us and we followed his gaze to find Alice walking towards us, luggage in tow. “Where are we going?”

  “Sharon’s,” she pushed past Yamapi and me, never looking at either one of us. “Let’s go.”

  “Alice wait,” Yamapi reached for her arm, and she shrugged him off. “Please.”

  “I said don’t touch me,” she hissed again.

  “Alice,” he grabbed her again, keeping a firm grip this time. “Let me explain.”

  “There’s nothing to explain,” she grumbled.

  “Yamapi…” my voice trembled, confused. I touched his other arm. “What’s going on?”

  “Go to your fiancé Yamaa Tomohisa,” she snickered bitterly.

  I felt him tense. “Yamapi,” I was frightened.

  “Let go,” she snapped, pulling away and headed out the door. “Let’s go Tauru-san.”

  He looked back and forth, understanding in his eyes. Slowly, he stepped out after her before hurrying to catch up after her. Yamapi started to follow but I wrapped my arms around his arm. His head whipped around to look at me, anger in his eyes and it frightened me. I loosened my grip slightly, surprised, but as soon as I felt him pull away, I held on tightly again.

  “Let go Maki,” he growled.

  “No,” I said weakly.

  “Let go,” he repeated.

  “Why?” I searched his eyes.

  “Because I’m going after her!” he snapped. “Because I lo—”

  “No!” I screamed. “I love you!”

  “Let go!” he shook me harder.

  “I love you!” tears sprung to my eyes. “I won’t let go when you’re mine!”

  “I don’t love you!” he pushed me away harshly, making me fall hard on my bottom. “I was never yours!”

  “You love me!” I said frantically, not wanting to believe what he’d just said.

  “I never did!” he glowered down at me. “You forced it all on me. Did you ever give me a chance to speak? No! You just did what you wanted!”

  “But, but,” I showed him the ring, tears streaming down.

  “You jumped to conclusions!” he looked at me harshly, unfazed by my tears. “I was going to break up with you that day. You NEVER game be chance to speak, always cutting me off.”

  With that, he left me on the floor, sprinting after Alice. The ring was no longer beautiful. It weighed me down, shattered me. He was right. I had forced my feeling for him from day one. The ring weighed so heave. The ring that had felt like a sign of love to me, had been a shackle to Yamapi. I had brought this upon myself.

  And now the ring was a heavy reminder as I cried in a tight ball in his apartment, as he chased after her and not me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  “Does Sharon know we’re headed over?” Tauru glanced at Alice from the corner of his eye.

  “We’re not headed there,” Alice looked out the window, eyes cold, jaw set.

  “Where am I taking you then?” he looked straight ahead.

  “Airport,” she responded curtly.

  “What?” he took the exit towards the airport. “Why?”

  “You know why,” she said no more and he didn’t bother her with more any more questions. Soon they arrived at the airport and she jumped off quickly, Tauru going to the back to get her luggage. “Arigatou gozaimasu!”

  “Alice-san,” he bit his lip.

  “I know,” she bowed and turned to walk away inside. “You and Shouji were right.”

  “No,” he whispered as he watched her disappear inside. “I’m sorry we were.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  “Airport?!” Yamaa looked at Shouji. “We have to hurry!”

  “You really are a baka,” Shouji drove swiftly. “The nerve.”

  “I know,” he gripped his seat tightly.

  “We warned you and her,” Shouji pulled up at the airport. “Luck, since she might already be gone. Do you even know where to look?”

  “Yes!” he leaped out of the car and ran, desperate to find Alice.

  People jumped out of his way, annoyed by someone shoving through. He called out her name and looked around everywhere. He knew that as soon as he spotted her, he would know it was her. He could recognize her anywhere, any day, because he loved her, not maki.

  He felt something wet roll down his cheek and he wiped at it furiously. He was going to find her and bring her back; therefore, crying was useless, unnecessary. He wasn’t allowed to…

  “Alice!” she was at the gate, passing security. “Alice wait!”

  People turned and started, some recognizing him and pulling out their cameras. People looked towards Alice, knowing who she was by now. But she didn’t turn around. She stiffened and willed that the line moved faster, and that he wasn’t there. He forced his way though, and touched her shoulder.

  “Alice,” he murmured out of breath. He found her, and he was relieved. “I made it in time.”

  “What are you doing here?” she asked coolly.

  “I came to stop you and bring you back,” he whispered in her ear. “Can we talk?”

  “You two!” a security official approached them. “You’re holding up the line.”

  “Sumimasen,” both replied.

  “Please talk elsewhere or move along,” the person said.

  “I’m accompanying her through,” Yamaa said quickly, knowing he wouldn’t convince her to come aside.

  “Do you have a pass?” he asked Yamaa.

  “No he doe—” I cut her off.

  “Here,” I handed over my pass. “I’m her host.”

  “Alright, move along,” Alice moved away quickly and Yamaa kept up easily with his long legs, keeping close.

  “Alice, please hear me out,” he touched her shoulder again.

  “There’s nothing to say!” she whipped around, face unreadable. “So just leave!”

  “Alice, please,” he begged, and people watched. News had gotten out that he was at the airport. “I didn’t mean…”

  “Engaged?!” she was furious now. “That doesn’t just happen.”

  “Hear me ou—”

  “Just stop,” her emotion began to appear on her face. “You lied to me. You said you loved me! And I fell for it.”

  “Please,” his voice cracked.

  “No!” she snapped, tears forming in her eyes. “I’ve loved you for so a long time. I was stupid to believe you. Stupid to fall for your acting. Stupid to not have listened to Shouji and Tauru. Stupid for choosing you.”

  “But I do love you!” he pleaded.

  “You lied to me!” Alice wailed.

  “I didn’t mean too. Please don’t go…” Yamaa fell to his knees, begging her desperately.

  “Liar,” she hissed, a tear slipping down her cheek.

  “I love you, stay,” he looked at her, growing more and more desperate and panicked by the minute. He couldn’t lose her. He simply couldn’t.

  “I don’t think I can stay. I should have listened to Tauru and Shouji. You should have stayed away. I HATE YOU!” Alice whipped around and ran towards her flight, crying.

  “No, DON’T GO!!” he tried to stand, but his body wouldn’t move. He was in shock by her words, wounded. He fell to floor, face in his hands, sobbing, “Alice!!!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, hello there lovelies.

Did you all see this coming?

I seriously don't even know how to feel.

I tried making sure it wasn't a short chapter.

I hand wrote it and when I typed it was like 8 pages times new roman font 12.

Anyways, Yamapi was sure stupid.

And what did you all think of seeing things go down form Maki's P.O.V.?

Did you like that?

Or should I have done it form Alice's perspective?

And, where do you think Alice is headed?

Tell me your thoughts! I really want to know what's going on in those little beautiful minds of yours!

 

I wrote finished today cuz I was so irritated with school.

I got home, napped for about 4-5 hours and got to working on this baby.

Can you feel it?

It's ALMOST OVER

DUN DUN DUN.

Okay, enough of that.,

Remember, subcribe, comment and continue reading!

I really want to know what you all think!

>.<