Explanations

I Can Only Love You

Chapter 20: Explanations

A/N: So I know I wasn’t going to update for a while, but here it goes. I put up the poll in the last chapter about how you would all have me write it, but I’ll put it on this one too. For now, this is back to NOT first person. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Jonghyun-oppa?” Belle’s gaze switched back and forth between Alice and Jonghyun. “Alice?”

  The two sat next to each other on the couch, avoiding the eyes of the others. Key looked at the two curiously, while placing a reassuring arm around Adriel’s shoulders, who still seemed to be at a loss for words. She worked her jaw, open and close like a gaping fish out of water, but no words came out. The girl’s brain worked over time, trying to conjure what she was feeling into coherent words.

  “Jonghyun-ah, you owe us an explanation,” Onew quickly took charge. “What happened this morning exactly?”

  Onew spoke in English, keeping a close eye on the pair at hand. He noticed Alice’s cheeks were  flushed and her eyes slightly puffy, from crying. Jonghyun held unto Alice’s hand, but avoided looking at her or anyone else in the room. He bit his lip nervously, which Onew would have thought cute on any other occasion but today. They had only arrived the day before and problems had already arose. And to make things even more complicated, it wasn’t only SHINee’s members who were involved, but family from SHINee’s newest members and an idol from Japan. This could cause a scandal if it gets out.

  “Why would I owe you an explanation?” mumbled Jonghyun.

  “Yah!” Minho slammed the table with hand, making everyone jump. “This is serious you pabo.”

  “It’s not his fault,” Alice finally spoke, voice grim.

  “Of course it is,” Jonghyun tried defending her. “It’s because I—”

  “It’s not your fault Jjongie-oppa,” Adriel sat up and looked straight at Alice. “Tell us Alice, what was the big commotion about this morning? And why are you and Jjongie-oppa holding hands as if you two were dating?”

  “I got up early, and seeing that Yamaa would be getting up soon, decided to make him curry for breakfast,” Alice attempted pulling her hand away from Jonghyun, but his grip only tightened. “Jonghyun woke up and came into the kitchen so we chatted for a bit. Then out of the blue…”

  “I saw she looked cold, so I grabbed her hand without warning to get here a coat or something,” Jonghyun  sighed. “I didn’t want to see his face and so at the last minute, when I saw he was about to open the door, took Alice into the bathroom.”

  “Jonghyun made him believe he was using the bathroom,” Alice gave Jonghyun a curious glance. “But Yamaa must have figured out he’d lied because of the curry on the counter I had left for him. I don’t understand why he would be so upset over it. Well, me being with Jonghyun-ah that is. But he burst into the bathroom, grabbed my hand and, well… you saw what happened after that.”

  “Should have locked the door,” Jonghyun huffed.

  “What were you doing in the bathroom?” Key asked.

  “Yeah,” Belle nodded in agreement. “I doubt he would have… would have done what he did, unless…”

  “Unless he found you either kissing, about to kiss, or just had kissed,” Taemin finished for her. “But my guess is he found you when you were about too, right hyung?”

  “That, uh,” Alice stuttered.

  “So tell us you two,” Onew leaned back on his heels. “What happened between you two just now? I have my suspicions, but I want to hear it from you.”

  “And considering what you told me about how you feel for Yamapi,” Adriel crossed her arms and leaned back into Key. Minho bristled. “I don’t understand why you would almost kiss Jjongie-oppa, reject Yamapi’s kiss—under the circumstances I somewhat understand—and come out of your room with oppa holding hands. It just doesn’t make sense to me. You’re in love with Yamapi, right? But you still go and pull this stunt.”

“I,” Alice looked away, ashamed, knowing her sister was right in what she’d said. She tried again to pull away from Jonghyun, guilt overwhelming her.

  “I basically pushed her into this situation,” Jonghyun stated. He gave Alice’s hand one last gentle squeeze before finally releasing her hand. He turned and looked at her, biting his lip nervously. “Alice, I really, really like you. And I’m glad you let me kiss you.” Alice’s cheeks turned a light pink, making Adriel growl in frustration. “Even if you were caught up in the moment, I hope you can see me as a man. Aish, I don’t know what I’m saying.”

  “Jonghyun, you… to me,” Alice’s eyes widened. “I honestly don’t know what to say.”

  “I feel like I’m watching a drama,” Key joked sarcastically.

  “Jonghyun,” Alice took in a deep breath. “It’s true I’m in love with Yamaa…”

  “But?” Jonghyun held his breath.

  “I really like you too,” she murmured, just loud enough for the others to hear. “And it’s really unfair to you and Yamaa, and I’m sorry, even if he doesn’t know how I feel. I’m just very confused right now.”

  “I still have a chance then,” Jonghyun grinned.

  “Don’t get your hopes up,” muttured Adriel. “From how well I know my sister, your chances of ending up with her are 10% and Yamaa’s are 90%.”

“Way to put your band mate down Adriel-ah,” Minho took a seat next to her.

  “Minho-oppa!” Adriel pouted as he tapped her nose.

  Everyone laughed. Everyone, that is, but Key. Key only shot Minho a quick glare and Minho caught it. No one else seemed to notice this challenge happening except Alice. She studied the three on the couch and heaved a sigh. She would have to talk to Adriel soon, and the boys. She didn’t want her sister to go through too much drama in her life before debuting. She already felt guilty for the drama she had brought SHINee.  To think both that both of the Peterson girls would be stuck in love triangle.

  Alice stood up abruptly, catching everyone’s attention at once. “Who’s hungry?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yamaa was eating the curry Alice had made for him during one of his breaks. He savored every bite of it, knowing she had made it for him with a good heart. All before he’d gone and kissed her, making her upset. The guilt overwhelmed him, but he didn’t dwell on it. He didn’t want to hand her over to anyone because he wanted her to himself.

  Shouji and Tauru both noticed Yamaa’s mood when they had picked him up, but refrained from asking him anything about it. They didn’t think it was right for them to in. What he needed was to talk to a close friend. However, that didn’t stop them from worrying, since they had a feeling it had to do with no other than Alice. They had noticed how she’d tried to heed to their advice, but with Yamaa striving to get closer to her, make it very difficult. Slowly, or rather quickly, the two seemed to have gotten very close. Too close.

  “Pi,” Yamaa looked up glumly from his empty bowl and up to Ryo Nishikido’s face.

  “Hey Ryo,” he looked down at his bowl again.

  “Eh,” Ryo squatted down and looked up at him. “That’s not much of a greeting!”

  “Ryo,” Yamaa put aside the bowl. “I’m in love.”

  “Of course you are! You have—”

  “Not her,” Yamaa blushed. “I’m in love with the girl I’m hosting.”

  “Oh,” Ryo blinked a few times. Then he slowly rose to his full height and smacked Yamaa upside the head on the way. “What the heck is wrong with you! You have Maki-chan!”

  Some people looked up to see who was making all the noise, but when they saw it was just Ryo and Yamaa, they shrugged it off.

  “Ryo,” he frowned, rubbing his head where Ryo had hit it. “There’s no need for hitting or shouting.  My heart weighs heavy at the moment.”

  “After you’re done here, we’re going to talk,” Ryo warned before turning on his heel and stalking off.

 

  “So let me get this straight,” Ryo shook his head in wonder. “Since you ran into her, you’ve felt attracted to her as if something invisible was pulling you to her. And now that you have been living together for about a week now? You’re telling me you have fallen in love with her. Her sister and her sister’s best friend are visiting from Korea with a famous Korean idol group—which I can’t believe you didn’t know about before—whom they are now part of. Oh, and to make things even better, one of the members of said idol group—dino head as you call him—is also interested in her. Both of you have already challenged each other and you kissed her, in front of the whole group. Yet the only thing you’re worried about is if she likes the said dino head—which I know to be the famous Jonghyun from SHINee—because she pushed you away and yelled at you for stealing her first kiss.”

  “That sounds about right,” Yamaa leaned back on his chair, only to bounce back. “Wait, no! Not the last part,” Ryo shot him a glare. “Yes, fine. I’m more worried about getting rejected by her.”

  “Ba~ka!” Ryo flicked his forehead. “I would worry more about causing a scandal.”

  “Causing what scandal?” grumbled Yamaa, wandering what Alice was doing at the moment. “Very few people know I’m hosting.”

  “You’re hopeless,” Ryo took a sip from his tea. “Besides, how can you love this girl? Don’t you love Maki-chan?”

  “That’s the thing,” he snapped. “I don’t love her. We started as friends and one day she confessed to me. I tried to imagine her as more, but I just couldn’t. For once I couldn’t see her as someone like that. It only got public when she begged me to give her a chance. Then, in front of reporters, she kissed me. I know I’m called a Casanova and sometimes play around with girls—and no, I never actually sleep with them—but Maki was a friend. Nothing more. To me, she is nothing more than a friend. We just got caught dating because of the kiss and because the company thought it was good publicity. But Alice is different. I think she’s it, she’s the one.”

  “And you’re going to tell me that the—”

  “It is!” he rubbed his temples. “How that happened. I don’t know. Maybe because I never thought I would actually find the one.”

  “You’re still young!” Ryo threw his hands up in surrender. “Things are going to get messy, so prepare for it.”

  “I’ll make it,” Yamaa stood and began walking away. “As long as she’s by my side, things will be fine. Because I love her. Indefinitely.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise! I decided to actually update. I was kinda depressed with the homework I already received on the firs two days of school....

Just letting you know, I haven't actually been editing because of school. And I don't know how often I'll be updating, since I have AP Microeconomis, AP Spanish Lit, AP English Lit & Comp, Stats and a class every Monday and Wednesday that is also college credit. So as you can see, I'll try not to die.

Good thing is, I have like two study halls! So if I can get most of my work done then, I can work on updates! Yay!

And I'm a senior, so I have Senior Project as well.

Okay moving on about my miserable life, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I found it a little boring to be honest. And there's even more twist and turns that will happen in the future. Kinda. So please, keep reading, subscribe and share with others!

And Ryo finally came into the picture! How could he not? He's known Yamapi the longest

And please check out my SHINee fic:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/57423/centuries-old-love-drama-jonghyun-korean-romance-shinee-suspense