Living Arrangements

I Can Only Love You

*Japanese Itilicized

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yamaa walked quickly to the elevator, knowing his exchange student must be freaking out. As he stepped into the elevator with his luggage in tow, someone asked him to hold the elevator.

  “Yamapi!” Jaejoong entered after him. “It’s about time you got back! I want to hear all about this girl you met in Kyoto and your adventures together.”

  “Jae,” Yamaa looked at him crossly. “Why are you carrying food instead of keeping my student company?”

  “Because we both got hungry and you literally have nothing to eat at your place,” he snapped. “She’s rather cute you know.”

  “She?” Yamaa stepped off the elevator. “What is she like? I forgot her name, damn.”

  “She can be rather sassy,” Jae was holding Yamaa’s bags now. “Hey, you idiot, take your stuff!”

  “What’s her name?” Yamaa repeated.

  “Seriously man,” Jae growled. “I can’t believe you forgot her name. At least she has an excuse for not knowing yours. Her name’s Alice Peterson.”

  “Alice?” Yamaa ran, ignoring Jaejoong’s angry yells from behind. He quickly opened the door and heard her voice.

  “Jaejoong!” she called. “Took you long enough. I’m fam—”

  Yamaa froze in disbelief. It really was her! They both just stared at each other, neither saying a word or moving. The front door was soon heard as it shut with a slam.

  “Hey you butthead,” Jaejoong walked in. “Way to ditch me like that!” Jaejoong looked at the pair, quickly misunderstanding her shock. “Woah! Alice, you know who Yamaa Tomohisa is?”

  “Jae,” Yamaa spoke, still without moving. “This is the girl I met in Kyoto.”

  “Woah!” Jaejoong laughed. “Well, isn’t that great?”

  “No, it’s not,” Alice got up. “Where’s the bathroom?”

  “Down the hall to your right,” Jaejoong pointed, looking puzzled. “Dude, what did you do to her, to make her upset at being able to live with you?”

  “I don’t know,” but he did. And didn’t. He remembered the conversation he overheard the night before. “I did try to kiss her before the concert.”

  “You did what?!” Jaejoong gasped. “Yamapi, I know you’re a bit of a Casanova, but even you should have your morals.”

  “I know, I know,” Yamaa sighed. “What you get for dinner?”

  “Oh,” Jaejoong looked at the bag. “Some classic ramen. You’re lucky I got enough for three. I’ll go check up on Alice.”

  “Jae…” Yamaa warned. “Fine. I’ll set up for dinner.”

  Yamaa watched as Jaejoong walked down the hall before putting out the plates and chopsticks.

  “Alice,” he heard Jaejoong knock on the bathroom door. “I know you’re in there. Why don’t you join us for dinner? It’s ramen, and I know you’re hungry!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Alice looked herself in the mirror, gasping for breath. She hadn’t realized she’d been holding her breath the entire time she and Yamaa had had the stand-off. She held unto the counter, shaking.

  “What the hell is this!” she growled. “Just when I make up my mind, this happens? Well, it’s not like I really love him, right? I’ve only ever listened to his music, watched his drama’s… and my heart beats faster whenever… NO. I am just a very, very lucky fan. Yeah, lucky. I’m not really in love with him. Just a very, very big fan.”

  Alice glowered at her own image. Then, her stomach growled. Alice remembered how hungry she’d been and had another inward battle in her head. When Jaejoong knocked and called out to her, she made up her mind. It wasn’t possible for her to hide in the bathroom forever.

  “Yay!” Jaejoong draped his arm over Alice’s shoulders. “Hey, I’ll give you my number, so if he ever tries anything on you, or you need someone, just give me a call or send me a message. If a girl picks up, that’s my girlfriend. She’ll understand.”

  “Are you serious,” Alice said incredulously.

  “Yup!” Jaejoong sat Alice beside him at the bar. “But you have to call me oppa.”

  “Joong-oppa,” Alice tested it. “Okay!”

  Jaejoong sat in between the awkward pair. To his right sat Yamaa and to his left Alice. Yamaa sneaked glances at Alice once in a while, but other than that, remained silent as her and Jaejoong chatted. Alice noticed his glances, but decided better to ignore him completely.

  “Your sister is working with SHINee?” Jaejoong whistled. “She and her sister must be very impressive.”

  “They’re amazing!” Alice said excitedly. “I can show you a video of them singing and stuff on my laptop.”

  “I want to see!” Jaejoong got up excitedly.

  Alice went to her luggage once finishing her ramen. She leaned on the red couch as she searched for a smaller bag that contained her laptop. She put the laptop on the small coffee table and connected the battery to the laptop. Her laptop was a red PC computer.

  “Um,” she looked at Jaejoong. “Joong-oppa, where can I connect this?”

  “Under the TV you should find a plug-in,” Yamaa finally spoke up. He moved towards Alice, took the other end of the cable and connected it. “Here.”

  “Um, thanks,” Alice blushed. Just a fan. Just a fan.

  Alice the computer and waited for it to start up. Then she remembered, but a little too late. Jaejoong and Yamaa sat on the couch behind her while she knelt on the floor. Her background picture was of Yamaa, basically shirtless.

  She shut it closed, hoping they hadn’t seen.

  “Woah,” Jaejoong snickered. “Totally saw that Alice. No need to hide it.”

  Alice turned to snap at Jaejoong, but when she saw Yamaa, she started blushing like crazy. He turned to look away, embarrassed. Alice opened the computer, and as fast as possible went to her files and went to pictures. She was careful not to show the file with Yamaa’s pictures and opened SHINee’s folder, clicking on a random picture of the boys. It was from theirJojo album.

  “Okay,” Alice giggled. “I took this video secretly, so up to the end they notice me. I’ll stop it before it turns on me and they get back at me.”

  Two girls were seen talking, one holding a guitar and the other behind the keyboard. The girl at the key board counted them in and began playing. The other girl soon joined.

  “My sister is Adriel, and she’s the one playing the keyboard,” Alice’s smile broadened. “And that’s her best friend Belle playing the guitar.”

  Adriel was singing a song now, in Korean. Jaejoong recognized the song as Jojo from SHINee. Alice, the one filming, was humming in the background, enjoying the performance.

  “Aish!” Adriel stopped playing. “What are you doing Alice?”

  “Nothing!” the Alice in the video was running, forgetting to stop recording. The actual Alice moved to stop the video, but both Yamaa and Jaejoong stopped her.

  “Hey!” Alice tried fighting them off.

  “We wanna see what happens!” Jaejoong explained.

  Alice groaned but let them watch, giving up, too tired to really put up a fight. The two younger girls had caught Alice and taken the camera, bringing her back to the room where they instruments were. Belle was holding the camera, since she was the only one that couldn’t be seen.

  “Dance nee-chan!” Adriel pointed.

  “No!” Alice laughed and tried running away. “You’ll never get me to dance!”

  “Dance Replay and sing!” Belle put the camera down somewhere and could now be seen.

  “No!” Alice ran again, only to be stopped by the younger girls. “No! You know I can’t help but dance and sing as soon as you play it! Nooooo!”

  It was true, Alice shut up as soon as the song began. She started dancing and eventually began singing. The two girls clapped their hands and giggled. The song ended and they were all laughing.

  “You totally got Jonghyun’s moves down!” Alice said. “You two should totally meet!”

  “Eh,” Alice shrugged. “Now say sorry!”

  “You have to, too!” they both said.

  “Fine,” and  all three lined and began singing and dancing, ‘Sorry Sorry’ by Super Junior. Alice ran to the camera laughing and shut it off.

  “Aigo” Jaejoong put a hand on Alice’s shoulder. “You three are so cute! And there is lots of talent.”

  “Aren’t they?” Alice looked up at Jaejoong. “Joong-oppa, take care of them when you can, please? They have tons of talent and I couldn’t be more proud!”

  “Aish, we just met and already asking for favors,” Jaejoong grinned. “I’ll do what I can. But I didn’t just mean them. You’re pretty talented too.”

  “Stop being nice,” Alice chided.

  “He’s not,” Yamaa got up. “You’re really talented as well. You danced at my concert, remember? Anyways, I’ll show you your room. I’m guessing you’re tired and I am too. Jae, you gotta get going, or you’ll miss your flight.”

“Bye Alice!” Jaejoong gave her a huge hug. “It was really nice meeting you. Take care and don’t forget to call or message me if you need anything or just because.”

  “Yes Joong-oppa,” Alice hugged him back. “Thanks for everything!”

  “And you,” Jaejoong looked Yamaa in the eye. “Watch it mister.”

  “Bye Jae,” Yamaa laughed. “Thanks for picking her up again.”

  “Neh, no prob,” Jaejoong winked at Yamaa. “Laters.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yamaa led Alice to a spacious, wide, red room with a round golden bed. The colors of the room were red, black and gold. An awkward silence grew between the two as they set down the luggage. Yamaa was happy to have Alice stay with him, but he was also scared. She had avoided him like the plague.

  “Well, make yourself at home,” Yamaa finally spoke. “Help yourself to whatever you need and if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. This week my schedule is pretty open, except the activities we have together with your exchange program. Next week I’ll be busy, so I’m sorry it’s your week off and I can’t do anything with you. Oh, and from tomorrow on I’ll only speak to you in Japanese unless truly necessary I speak to you in English. You also need to only speak in Japanese.”

  “Tomohisa-san?” she looked at him. It bugged him that she didn’t call him Yamaa at most.

  “Yeah?” he looked at her in turn. “And please, call me Yamaa or Yamapi.”

  “Look,” she looked at the floor. “Would you mind keeping your distance? I don’t want us to be close, so I’ll call you Tomohisa-san.”

  “Nande?” Yamaa felt hurt, betrayed. The conversation she had the other night with her.. sister? played again in his mind.

  “Please, don’t ask,” she looked uneasy.

  “At least kun and not san,” Yamaa begged.

  “Alright,” she nodded. “Oyasuminasai.”

   Yamaa bowed his head and left. She even said good-night very formally. He went across the hall and opened the door to his room. Yamaa felt even more down. As he prepared to go to bed, he couldn’t help but wonder how long they would last. He wanted to be friends with her and be close, but she didn’t want any of it now. He had to convince her to that being friends wouldn’t be so bad.

  It’s not like he could really get close to anyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have to live together... crap.

Alice better be smart about the way she does things.

I'm getting suspicioius about Yamaa. Something's up. >.<

And.... HONTO NI GOMENASAI!! I'm sorry I took so long to update!

You can all thank Taeminluver. She kept pushing me to update.

I have two other chaps written, so I'll put them up ASAP.

Don't forget, comment, subscribe, enjoy!

And I'm staring another fanfic... T.T

I need to slow down some.

Chibi Yamapi!!! He's super adorable!