Challenge!

I Can Only Love You

*Japanese Itilized.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had a bad feeling. The way she suddenly ran off. She barely knows any Japanese, and she... now that he thought about it, she looked lost and distracted. She seemed to have run off blindly. She might end up in an accident! He ran after her, hoping to see she was okay.

 Finally he saw her, running towards and intersection. He ran faster. There was a car driving, speeding. The light had just turned yellow, but the the driver couldn't slow down enough to stop. Alice. She didn't see the car.

 "ALICE!" he ran. Was he too late? The next thing he knew they were on the side of the street, just barely making it out of the way of the car.

 "Ah, ouch!" she yelped.

 "What are you thinking!?" he shook her shoulders. His heart was beating quickly, adrenaline pumping through his body. He'd almost lost her. "You, you could have been killed! Look at where you're going!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hadn't seen it coming. It all happened so fast. She had been running across the street without realizing, and that's when she heard her name, saw the car. She'd been so caught off guard, but someone had pulled her out of the way. She'd had no time to react.

 "What were you thinking!?" she looked up at her rescuer. Yamaa Tomohisa. Her eyes grew wide. She didn't even try to understand what he was saying in Japanese.  His face. He looked so shaken, worried. About her?

 "I, I'm okay," she started shaking. Realization of what almost happened to her. Yamaa helped her up and took her to a bench in a nearby park.

 "Wait here, " she nodded. I'm so stupid! she thought to herself. Ah, no, no, Can't cry. "Here, drink this."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She looked up at him. Her eyes were teary, and she was shaking. It was setting in, from what he could tell. He himself had worked to calm down. To do so he went and bought her some juice.

 "T-thank.." she took it and started crying. "T-t-thank-ank y-you."

 He sat next to her, not knowing what to do. Slowly he put an arm over her shoulders. She stiffened, but eventually she leaned against him, sobbing silently. He tried reassuring her as best as he could. He wanted her to stop crying. He wanted to make her feel better and safe.

 " I really am stupid," she finally said. "Things couldn't have gone more wrong today."

 "Are you going to be okay?"

 "I don't know.." she sniffed, and opened her drink. Before continuing she drank some of her juice. "On my first day in Japan and everything goes wrong."

 "Everything?" he felt insulted. Hurt. Was he part of the stuff going wrong today? Just because she knew who he was didn't mean she liked him.

 "Our plane arrives late so we arrive late to opening ceremony here. I kept spacing out and got scolded by Sensei. Finally we get to go on a tour of Kyoto and I get distracted by a poster of Yamaa Tomo-" she stopped and looked down, blushing. "I saw one of your posters and tried figuring out what it said, turned to ask Sensei, and everyone was gone! So I wait a few minutes, looking around, lose patience and go look for them, only getting more lost. I almost get stampeded by screaming girls and almost get killed by a car! I'm so stupid!"

 He felt relieved. Seeing as how she hadn't mentioned him in the list of things going wrong... at least no directly. She did lose her group due to distraction of her poster, but than, he wouldn't have met her. Selfish, he knew, but true.

 "Um, do you want to borrow my phone?" he took out his phone. "Maybe you can find out where they are?"

 "Thank you!" she took it and bowed, still shaking lightly. She grabbed a card from her pocket, dialed the number on the card and walked off a little ways.

 He watched her closely. As she talked, she put her other hand with the juice on the forehead. She must be feeling pretty hot after that near accident. Why had he saved her? Risked his life for her? Worried so much about her and felt relief when he'd held her in his arms, safe from the danger? He'd do that for anyone... right? No. He had a feeling he wouldn't have reacted as fast. Why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes Sensei. I understand Sensei," oh, was she in trouble! "Huh? What? Yes, I am listening! Waiit. Say what?"

 "We're pretty far, and don't have anyone to find you," Kaze Sensei replied. "Go to all the places we were supposed to go TOGETHER, take a picture and be back at the hotel before... it's 3 right? Before 10 p.m. and I wont send you home. A minute later and home you go. Understood?"

 "Yes Sensei, understood," she squeaked.

 "Good. Jyane!" and with that she hung up.

 "Thanks for your help," she thanked Yamaa as she returned his phone. "I'm indebted to you. Really indebted with you."

 He smiled, "Yeah, I guess you are. Everything okay?"

 She shook her head violently. She didn't know why, but she spilled what Kaze Sensei had said.

 "Can I tag along?" say what?

 "Y-you want to come?" she stepped back surprised.

 "Well, I'm bored, since it's my day off, and you owe me, remember?" he grinned. " I want to join you in your challenge. I'm sure it'll be more fun with more people!"

 "Um, okay." her stomach growled.

 "Sorry, excuse me," they both said. They looked at each other and laughed.

 "Something to eat first?" he laughed.

 "Nn! Hai!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well well, what awaits the two?

Some fun it seems!