Warning

I Can Only Love You

*All is in english!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  “So Alice, how is it you get to do a whole bunch of cool things and we don’t?” Sharon asked. 

Alice looked at her, “What do you mean Sharon?” she looked up from her bed, which was covered with clothes. Her suitcase sat almost empty at the foot, only a stray tank top left inside.

  “You got to meet him, right?” Sharon flicked a sock at Alice.

  Alice froze, “Him?”

  “The love your life,” Sharon sighed. “Yamaa Tomohisa?”

  “Okay, I did meet him,” Alice shrugged. “But why would you say love of my life?”

  Sharon looked mildly annoyed, “Oh c’mon!” Alice winced at her sudden increase in volume, “Everyone knows you love his music and when you slept on the plane, you called out his name. Many of the Japanese people on the plane laughed.”

  “Eh?” Alice turned to look at Sharon, face burning in embarrassment.

  Sharon laughed, “Anyways, how come you get to go to his concert?”

  “Um, it’s because…” Alice sighed.

  “We all know already. About yesterday’s events,” Sharon sat on her bed. “Besides, he saw you leaving in the taxi and asked if it was you. He explained what happened and who he was, so we told him.”

  “Sorry for all the trouble I’ve caused,” Alice said softly and turned to her bed again.

  Yamaa had said he’d pick her up at 5:30 pm at her room. The concert didn’t start until 7, but he had to be there beforehand. He was at the hotel only for a moment, and he only had a small window of time to pick up Alice. He did warn her there was a possibility he might still be too busy to pick her up personally, so he’d send Shouji and Tauru since they’d already met.

  Sharon eventually left, since lunch break was over, and headed down to join the others. They wouldn’t be back until late, so Alice was stuck in her room until she got picked up. She could have re her own before the others if she had gone with them, but she was still being punished. 

  It didn’t matter. She still had to figure out what to wear, not that it mattered. That’s it! She picked out her gray skinnies, black and white skull belt, black suspenders hanging down, and a black tank top. For shoes she wore her black boots that went half way up her shins. She went to the bathroom and plugged in her straightner to let it heat up while she did her make-up. She kept it simple with eyeliner and mascara, nothing fancy.

  She had no idea why, but Alice felt really nervous seeing Yamaa again. He’d helped her so much already, and still couldn’t believe she’d met him at all. She grabbed her silver hoop earrings and the necklace her sister had given her. Her sister! She had to call her sister! She should have called earlier, but she totally forgot. She looked at her watch. It was about 10 p.m. back home in Oregon, so her parents were probably asleep. It was spring break, so her sister might still be up.

  She grabbed her phone, and remembered something else about her sister, Adriel. Her sister had invited her to an open mic café where she and her best friend Belle would be playing. Those two loved to play music, so they always tried coming up with their own stuff. Now, she wasn’t biased or anything because Adriel was her sister, but she honestly felt that her sister and Belle had lots of talent. Alice hadn’t been able to go though because she’d had to take her exams early and prepare to go to Japan. This had been about a week and a half ago.

  Alice had really wanted to call her the day of the performance, but she’d been too caught up with her preparations for Japan. She was curious to how it’d had gone. She sighed and dialed the number to her sister’s cell. It rang… and rang and rang. Finally, it went to voicemail.

  “Hey, Adriel,” she grumbled. “Hey, sorry I cut you off the other night. Well, night to me. Um, there’s a lot I need to tell you. I mean, a lot. Also, I wanted to know how it went for you and Belle at the open mic. And, um, I’m not getting sent home. Found my camera. If you’re asleep at 10, wow, but I guess you’re at Belle’s practicing or listening to SHINee really loud… again. But then again, I’d join you. Um, so call me, um for you… before midnight if possible… if not, call around… 8 in the morn. Yeah, it’s early for you, but eh. Love ya sis! Sayonara!”

 

  She was bored. She had no idea about what she could do while she waited. She’d hoped Adriel would have called her, but nope. Nothing. Nada. She should study Japanese… She the T.V. and looked for a good show. Buzzer Beat was on, so she settled. She’d never seen it before, but it looked like a re-run, not that she minded. Yamaa was a great actor. It was the episode… what was she thinking? She’d never seen it. She’d seen others of course, but never Buzzer Beat.

  In the show, Yamaa was running up to the apartment, so she’d missed any dialogue. He pounded on the door, and finally a girl opened the it. She was crying, or had been. Alice understood most of what they were saying. Suddenly, Yama grabbed the girl and hugged her. Then he…

  “NO!” she turned the T.V. sat on her bed and pulled her knees to her chest. Alice shook, shocked and jealous. He’d kissed her so passionately in the drama. But that’s all it was, a drama. But, why was her reaction so strong? She was crying now, her make-up a mess. She tipped over and stayed in her little fetal position.

 

  Alice woke with a start. She sat up, disoriented, and with the feeling her face looked terrible. She yawned and began stretching. There it was again. She sat up, ramrod straight, and looked at her watch. Crap! It was 5:31 for crying out loud.

  “Alice-san?” she heard a voice call from the door.

  “Tauru… san?” Alice got up and opened the door to find Tauru and Shouji outside her door.

  “Woah,” they both said.

  “What?” she took a step back.

  “Were you, um…” Shouji trailed off.

  “Go look in the mirror,” Tauru stifled a laugh.

  “Crap!” Alice ran to the bathroom and heard Tauru and Shouji laugh as they followed her into the room. She had no time to chide them, but only looked at the mirror in horror. Her eyeliner was smeared and had streaks of black running down her cheeks from when she’d cried. Oh, right… she remembered painfully. Her eyes watered again, but she managed to contain them this time, holding onto the sink tightly. Her hair was okay, except for some hair sticking up in random places.

  “Alice-san!” she heard Shouji call.

  “Um, yeah?” voice cracking.

  “We need you to hurry, if you don’t mind,” Shouji stood by the doorway of the bathroom. Alice just stood there, mouth gaping, and eyes wide as they could go. “Priceless!”

  “Hey, what are you…” Tauru stopped when he saw Alice and burst out laughing.

  Alice blinked a few times and closed , turning a deep scarlet. Shouji and Tauru laughed harder, tears running down Shouji’s face. “You guys are so mean!” but started laughing with them, feeling better. “Ba-ka!”

  Eventually Alice cleaned up her face and brushed her hair down. They ran out of the hotel, laughing only once in a while. After they got into the car and drove for a few minutes, Alice had to ask, “So how come you guys didn’t speak in English before? I mean, when I went to Yamaa’s room the other night?”

  “We noticed your eyes, but we thought you were half and half, so we thought you knew Japanese,” Shouji answered. Tauru was driving and speaking into a blue tooth.

  “Oh,” and with that, she looked out the window the rest of the way.

 

  Alice started growing wary. She was excited about the concert, but she felt like she couldn’t look Yamaa in the face. The image from the drama kept playing over and over in her head, and she tried very hard to push it to the back of her mind. They arrived and when she was about to open the door, Tauru stopped her.

  “Look, Alice-san,” Shouji turned as much as he could in his seat. “We like you and all, and we think you’re really nice, so don’t take this the wrong way, okay?” Alice nodded and Tauru turned to look at her too. “It’s okay if you’re a fan of Yamaa-sama, but, well, and at least not a crazy one. But fan and that’s it. Being a crazy fan is better than-”

  “What Shouji means is,” Tauru interrupted. “Don’t fall in love with him and don’t try to make him fall for you, okay? It’s for the best. And try to never see him again after tonight, alright? I don’t mean to sound harsh, but I’m only doing it to stop you or him from getting hurt.”

  Alice was about to reply when, “BOO!” all three jumped and turned to look out the left side of the car. Yamaa’s face was right up against the window, hands open. After seeing their startled reactions, he backed up and doubled in laughter.

  “And, don’t mention anything we told you to him, okay?” Shouji said, looking at Alice again.

  Alice only nodded and left the car, chiding Yamaa for his prank. But she couldn’t keep a straight face and smiled and laughed as well. He was so cute! she thought. Tauru and Shouji looked at each other before getting out of the car. They really hoped she would do as they’d advised, but they knew she would do whatever possible to meet Yamaa again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so they like her, but she needs to stay away?

What do they care? They're just bodyguards, right?

And isn't Yamaa just so cute?

Well, it was along chapter, so I hope you guys liked it.

^_^ I'll put up the next chapter up soon, promise!

*kon!