I Can Only Love You

I Can Only Love You

  Alice stood to the side as she watched SHINee and the girls prepare for the recording of the show. It wasn't anything she wasn't used to after watching Yamaa work at studios and seeing the recordings. She had, after all, been on a stage herself once already. She loved the feel of it as the buzz went on for the lights, the sound, the cameras, make-up and all that went into the recording. It felt like home to her, except she hoped one day she would be standing on the stage for her own success with her acting.

 "Alice!" Belle rushed up to her and looked at her in excitement. "They just said they would like to introduce you briefly on the show."

 "Why would they want to do that?" Alice looked at Belle in confusion.

 "Well, since you're here, it would be nice," Belle shrugged.

 "Or maybe they just want to know more about you and Adriel and me being here is perfect to reveal your little embarrassing moments," Alice laughed at Belle's expression. "Oh relax. I really don't want too, you know?"

 "I'll let them know..." Belle paused, pouting. "At least dance with us!"

 "Dance with you?" Alice tilted her head. "Why? And what?"

 "Jojo, like when we were younger," Belle tugged Alice's arm now. "It'll be fun! C'mon, please!"

 "That means you would still get to introduce me," Alice started waivering.

 "It's because they're going to ask Adriel and I what one of our favorites songs we liked before becoming part of SHINee," Belle looked at her with wide puppy eyes. "And we want to do Jojo for them. So..."

 "PLEEASE~" Alice glanced up to see Adriel had joined along with Taemin and Jonghyun.

 "Oh my gosh, you puppies!" she laughed anyways. "Fine, fine. But just that, arasso?"

 "Yay!" Adriel and Belle joined hands and jumped up and down.

 "Aigoo," Alice looked at the boys who were high-fiving. "This was your idea, wasn't it boys?"

 "It was actually mine," Alice turned around to see the manager.

 "Ah, Manager-oppa," Alice bowed politely. 

 "I'm glad you agreed," he bowed his head slightly.

 "Yeah..." she smiled. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt."

 "Good," he nodded and walked off to check up on other things.

 "Ah!" Key joined them. "You're not going on stage like that, are you?"

 "Me?" Alice looked down. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

 "It's nice and all," he circled her. "But you've worn it all day, so you need a different outfit."

 "Key, you're such a diva," Alice looked at him in amusement. "But just to help you feel at peace, fine. But I have nothing."

 "We have clothes, let's go!" Adriel and Belle took each one of her arms and dragged her away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "You know I can get in big trouble for this if you cause a huge scene, right?" Jaejoong ran a hand down his face as he looked at Yamaa.

  "I promised I won't," Yamaa tried to say lightly, but he was tense and anxious. He had convinced Jaejoong to take him to the studio where SHINee and Alice were. He was determined to win her back.  To hold her securily in his arms once again and to make sure he would never let go.

  "You're taking advantage of the connections I have..." Jaejoong gave him a playful glare. He could tell how nervous Yamaa was.

  "I'm just using my connections... you," Yamaa scoffed.

  The lights dimmed and everyone was seated out in the audience. The live broadcast was about to begin and Yamaa and Jaejoong were sitting in the second row in the middle of the crowd. Yamaa continued scanning the crew and the tried to look at the back where he knew led to backstage, which he knew, was Alice. Soon SHINee came out and with their new members, Adriel and Belle. They each took turn introducting themselves and then moved to another part of the set to perform their latest song. It was hard not to watch them and  it was his first time sizing up his competition. Jonghyun was relaxed and he sang with confidence. His voice was amazing and he really got the fans going. When they finished, they moved back to the main part of the set and took their seats and began to speak. The girls were asked lots of questions and they joked around, which of course was typical in a variety show like this one.

  Finally they got to a question Yamaa had been expecting but was unsure if they would ask of Adriel. "So we heard your sister is visiting, what's your relationship like with her?"

  "My sister?" Adriel smiled brightly and looked at Belle. "All three of us are really close, even if she's older. Of course there is times that we don't agree with each other, but we couldn't imagine having someone else as our sister."

  Belle nodded and added, "She would take us out late sometimes and we would just do silly things."

  "She's backstage now getting ready to dance something with you two, may I ask what it will be?"

  "We're going to dance Jojo by SHINee," Adriel answered. "Alice will be doing all of Jjong oppa's parts and you can guess which parts we do."

  "I don't know if you're all aware, but Alice has blue eyes and black hair, so don't be surprised," Belle laughed brightly.

  "And there she is!" 

  Alice walked in black skinny jeans and a black tang top with a vest over it, her hair straight and loose. "Annyeonghaseyo! Nanun ka Alice imnida!" She bowed and walked over to the girls on the stage. The music started and soon they began that familiar performance. Yamaa couldn't keep his eyes off of her for even a second. What he wasn't aware of was Jonghyun had spotted him and Jaejoong in the audience. He could see the way that Yamaa watched Alice and he knew that he didn't have much time with Alice. Or that he would have to fight to keep her by his side if he didn't want to lose her to Yamaa.

 "Wah, debeak!" the mc clapped with everyone else as the three girls finished up, hugging each other and smiling brightly as they made it to the other part of the stage where the mc and the boys awaited them. "So Alice, tell us, how long will you be staying in Korea?"

  Alice blinked, a bit startled by the question. It was abvious she hadn't been expecting to be asked any questions, but she couldn't do anything. This was live and she had to think fast. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I have to return to my studies but I still haven't decided if I will be continuing in Japan, or here. Maybe even go to Europe."

 "We heard you took a little escape from your host in Japan, can you tell us a little about that?"

 The SHINee boys and the girls glanced at each other very quickly, obviously confused. Yamaa could tell this hadn't been something they were expecting. "You mean the scandal I was recently in?" Alice tilted her head and smiled as if it wasn't a big problem at all. "I can't tell you much. I'll just say this and then I should be on my way. It's about SHINee after all. But in general there was just a lot of miscummunication between Yamaa and Maki and I. It's all settled now."

 "Will you be dating said Japanese idol?" the mc asked her curiously.

 "We have to talk things out, so I can't really say," Alice nodded and looked out at the crowd and spotted Yamaa. She blinked rapidly then glanced quickly at Jonghyun before looking back at the mc.

 "I heard that Jaejoong is close friends with Yamaa and that he's let him stay at his place. Actually, we're aware that he's here today in the audience," the mc looked out at the crowd and nodded at Jaejoong and Yamaa. At this Yamaa looked at Jaejoong in disbelief.

  "Jaejoong!" he hissed to his kohai. 

 "Solve it now," Jaejoong said calmly and stood up, taking Yamaa's arm, pulling him up and leading him to the stage.

 "She's dating Jonghyun, do you want to start yet another scandal right now?" Yamaa followed Jaejoong, heart racing.

 "Jonghyun will understand," Jaejoong led him to the stage and walked up to Alice, giving her a side hug, whispering in her ear, "Make things clear now."

 "Welcome Yamaa Tomohisa!" the mc bowed in turn. "Welcome Jaejoong."

 "Thank you," they both said politely.

 "Wah, so you followed Alice here from Japan," the mc looked between Alice and Yamaa.

 "Neh, I did," Yamaa nodded and glanced at Alice.

 "Anyone want to follow after me?" the mc asked, looking at the SHINee boys and they laughed. "Tell me, any of the SHINee boys like Alice though?"

 "I actually like her," Jonghyun smiled and a lot of girls 'awed' in disappointment. 

 "Woah!" the mc looked at Jonghyun then at Yamaa. "You got competition!"

  Alice looked at Jonghyun, shell chocked at his public confession. All that was missing from it was him saying they were actually together. She found herself looking at Yamaa in pure horror and that's when she realized, she already forgave him. She missed him. She wanted to go back with him. she looked down before looking at Jonghyun.

 "No, I never really was for Yamaa," Jonghyun said when he saw Alice's reaction. "Alice really does love him."

 Yamaa looked at Jonghyun in surprise as did the rest of SHINee. Jonghyun knew he had no chance now. It was over. Alice had already made up her mind and he didn't want to make things hard for her.

 "Alice, will you come back with me to Japan tomorrow?" Yamaa looked at Alice, his heart beat seeming to slow then speed up with anxiety at her answer.  Everyone looked at Alice now, everyone quiet.

 "I..." Alice looked at Jonghyun, her heart aching for Jonghyun and thankful for what he had just done now. "I'll go back to Japan with you."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

  Jonghyun's P.O.V.

 That night Yamaa came home with us to our dorm and helped Alice pack up. They talked in the girl's room as we sat in the livingroom in silence. Jaejoong was also with us and he looked at everyone in turn, a slight frown on his lips. He had already apologized for changing the way things went down at the studio, but he said it had been necessary. He had looked at me with the most apologetic look of all. Any fighting chance I had of winning Alice's heart had been completely lost the moment they asked Alice about Yamapi in public. On live TV. 

 "Jonghyun-ah?" Adriel was suddenly sitting in front of me, a tissue in her hand. 

 "I'm fine," I lied through clenched teeth. I'm pretty sure they all knew I was lying. I looked down at my hands and a tear fell on my hand. I hadn't even realized I had begun to cry.

 "Oh oppa," Adriel draped her arms over my shoulders and pulled me close to her as I found myself breaking apart. "You'll be okay..." she murmured as she wiped my tears gently with the tissue in her hand. I could see some familiarities that she shared with her older sister and my tears fell faster, blurring my vision.

 "You knew this was bound to happen Jonghyun," Jaejoong spoke up as he stood up and stretched. 

 "Jaejoong!" Onew looked at Jaejoong crossly as I cried.

 "I had to try..." I chocked on the words and finally stood up and pulled away from everyone, running into my room and shutting the door behind me. I threw myself at my bed and buried my face into the pillow. My heart was shattering at the constant thoughts of Alice. So many thoughts about what could have been, and what if's. 

 Would things have been different if Alice had never met Yamaa? Never moved to Japan to study abroad but instead came to Korea? Or what if I never had to know of her if Adriel and Belle hadn't been added to our group? What if she'd met me first? What if, what if, what if? I felt like I was going insane as I sobbed into my pillow. She was leaving tomorrow, with Yamapi. With the person that loved her and that she loved back. Not me. She wasn't going to stay with me.

 I don't know how long I cried, or how long it was before I fell asleep. I just knew that everyone left me alone, and I was thankful. I just didn't know if I was going to be able to send Alice off the next morning when she left for Japan. At least with a smile. Or convincingly enough that I was okay when I wasn't. Alice would know if I was lying and I didn't want sympathy or pity from her. 

 But if....

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Adriel's P.O.V.

  As soon as Jonghyun got up and ran to his room, I wanted to chase after him, but Key held me back and I frowned. "What are you doing? He needs someone right now!"

 "This is something he has to deal with on his own," Key said calmly as he looked in the direction of the rooms. "Just let him be for now, arra?"

 "Listen to Key," Jaejoong moved towards the door. "It'll be harder if you're there when one, you're her sister, and two, you'll try to understand when you don't."

 "If anyone understands how he's feeling it's Minho," mumbled Belle to herself in the corner.

 "So are you leaving without taking Yamapi?" Adriel crossed her arms as she gazed at Jaejoong.

 "Doesn't seem like they're done talking, or making out or whatever it is they're doing," Jaejoong shrugged and put on his shoes. "He can get a taxi to my dorm or he can do what he likes. Just have him call me when he knows what he's doing or before they leave."

 "Arasso, drive safely," Minho followed him out. "Guys, I'm going out too for a bit, don't wait up for me." With that Minho left and I walked over to the kitchen. 

 "Yeobo~" Key walked in behind me as I leaned on the counter, arms crossed. I couldn't stop thinking about Jonghyun locked up in his room crying.

 "Not now Kibum," I moved away and once again faced away from him. I was worried about him, why couldn't anyone else understand? The front door opened and shut again.

 "The kids just snuck out," Onew poked his head into the kitchen.

 "What kids?" I whirled around, bumping into Key who also looked at Onew in some alarm. 

 "Taemin and Belle," Onew shrugged.

 "And you didn't bother to follow them?" Key demanded.

 "They're going to the park, they'll be fine," Onew looked at us in amusement. "Let them be alone for a bit. I'll be in my room if you need anything, okay?"

 "Onew!" I huffed, Onew having already walked out and headed to his room. 

 "Adriel, just relax, okay?" Key came up behind me and hugged me, putting his chin on the top of my head. 

 "Why don't you understand that-"

 "That you feel bad for Jjong because of Alice because that's what you did to Minho for choosing me?" Key turned me around looked into my eyes.

 "The way you said it almost made no sense," I said, giving him a small smile. "But yeah, I guess that's it."

 "You and I, along with everyone else, including Jjong knew this was going to happen," Key pulled me to his chest and I pressed my ear against his chest, listening to his hear. "So just leave Jonghyn by himself for now, he'll be okay. If he does need someone, he'll let us know, arra?"

  "Arasso..." slowly, I looked at Key, his cat like eyes looking at me softly.

 "You're blushing," Key said softly, cupping my cheek in his hand.

  My eyes widened and I felt the blood rush even more into my cheeks. "S-shuh..."

 "Cutie," he kissed the tip of my nose, only making me turn even redder. 

 "Shtap~" I whined.

 "Cutie," he cooed as he kissed it again, but this time he didn't pull back, but kept the distance, his breath on my lips. "I love you."

  I blinked rapidly, his words spreading a warm tingly sensation inside of me. "I love you too," I said softly.

 "Adriel..." he murmured softly, his fingers running gently through my hair. Slowly he leaned closer and presses his soft lips against mine. My eyes fluttered shut as I kissed him back. It was soft and gentle, my hands on his chest, his hands on my cheek on waist. We pulled away slowly and gazed at each other softly, both of a bit flushed. "Wow..."

 "Mmm," I smiled at him, a little flustered. "Should we... uh... want to bake?"

  Key's eyebrows rose as he smiled and nodded. "Sure, let's do some baking."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Belle's P.O.V.

  Alice and Yamapi were off in Adriel and my room talking and packing, and Jonghyun had locked himself up in his room in tears. Minho had gone out somewhere and Onew was the only one with Taemin and I in the livingroom after Adriel and Key had gone off to the kitchen. I looked over at Taemin who had his head tilted to the side as if he were deep in thought.

  "Belle, let's go," he said suddenly, taking my hand and leading me to the door.

 "Yah, where are you two going?" Onew followed us for a bit.

 "We're going to the park," Taemin said brightly as he handed me my coat.

 "We are?" I took the coat in confusion and put it on. "Why?"

 "Have fun you two," Onew smiled and headed to the kitchen.

 "Let's have a little date, just us two," Taemin grinned and put on his shoes.

 "Date?" I froze for a second. 

 "We always go with someone else in tow, so I thought, hey, why not now that everyone if off doing their own thing?" Taemin nodded and I blushed.

 "It does sound like fun," I put on my shoes and we headed outside. It was just a bit chilly. I put my left hand in my pocket, as I looked at the time on my phone with my right hand. Just as I slipped it into my pocket Taemin took my hand and held it in his hand.

 "You cold?" he asked, lookind at me.

 "I'm fine," I smiled at him shyly as we reached the park nearby.

 "Let's go to the swings, I'll push you first," Taemin led me to the swings and sat me down. "Ready?"

 "Ready!" I laughed and grabbed unto the chains as he began to push me.

 We played around like that for a while, chasing each other around the playstructure and going down the slides. We also just walked around the park together and it was just the two of us.

 "Hey Belle?" Taemin stopped us as we reached a streetlight on the way home.

 "Yeah?" I turned to face him, face pink from the cold.

 "I'm really happy you're my girlfriend," he smiled that sweet innocent smile I loved on him.

"I'm happy I'm your girlfriend, and that you're my boyfriend," I smiled back, but not without feeling a little confused as to why he would suddenly bring that up.

 "I bought something earlier... for us," he got a little box out of his pocket. It was a purple velvet box. "I hope you like it, okay?"

 "What is that?" I blinked fast as I looked at the pretty box.

  He opened it and inside were two rings. Couple rings. They were silver and his had dance shoes on it while mine had a small guitar on it like the one I played. He took his and handed it to me and took mine in his hand. "I'm not proposing or anything... but, I really hope we can be together for a very, very long time." He looked at me in the eye and I nodded, a shy smile on my lips. "I promise I'll always be by your side, no matter what Belle." He took my left hand and slipped on the ring. I couldn't stop smiling.

 "And I promise to always support you Taemin," I slipped on his ring on his left ring finger. I looked up at him and he couldn't seem to stop smiling either. Then he leaned down and kissed me softly and gently. "We should..  uh... head back, it's getting cold..."

 "Yeah," he smiled, looking a little flustered himself. He took my hand and we headed back home.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Alice's P.O.V.

 Yamaa sat on Adriel's chair as I packed. We both sat in silence, but whether it was because I felt awkward and happy or he was too happy we just couldn't find words to say. I could feel his eyes on my back, but it didn't feel like an intense gaze, so I turned around to face him and ask him what he was looking at, but stopped when I saw his expression. It was soft and gentle, full of love and relief. He had bags under his eyes and I knew he hadn't been able to sleep since I left abruptly from Japan, making me feel guilty for being able to sleep peacefully after Jonghyun held me in his arms that night he asked me to be his. Our eyes locked and I felt blood rush into my cheeks.

 "You're blushing," he said needlessly, a small smirk on his lips.

 "Am not!" I stammered.

 He stood up and walked over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Yes you are..." he leaned forward and kissed my forehead softly. "It just makes you even more beautiful."

  And with that I knew I couldn't look at anyone else. The way my heart felt like it was about to burst through my chest with happiness. His touch, even through my t-shirt was warm and comforting. His gaze told me the truth of what I had refused to believe as soon as I saw the ring on Maki's finger and what she told me. How he truly felt. How he was just as madly in love with me as I was with him.... but there was something else he wanted to tell me and I needed to know. I didn't want anymore surprises. Anything that would cause me to lose faith in him forever when I felt the way for him that I did.

 "Tomo?" I tried out a new nickname and this time his cheeks turned pink, making me smile.

 "Yeah?" he tilted his head slightly as he looked down at me.

 "What is the other thing you wanted to talk to me about?" I could feel the surprise through his touch, the way he seemed to freeze a bit by my question. "If it's important, I want to know now. Not when we're back in Japan. I want the whole truth. I don't want to find something out and feel betrayed all over again. I can't handle that."

 "I..." he sighed and dropped his hands to his side and looked away briefly before he looked back at me. "Let's sit down. It's not too serious, but I don't want you hearing rumors, and hearing it wrongly."

 "You're kinda making me nervous," I admitted and sat down on the bed as he pulled Adriel's chair and straddled it as he faced me.

 "Don't be," he gave me an encouraging smile and I nodded. "Okay, just listen to everything I say first, okay?"

 "Okay," I placed my hands on my lap and waited for him to start.

 "I was always a bit surprised that you didn't ask me why a Japanese idol would host a foreigner," he shook his head as I tried to answer. "People asked or tried asking as it became known I would be hosting someone. Wouldn't you think it was kind of strange? Well, I thought so too when Johnny's told me I would be hosting some foreigner for a few months, possible a whole year. It kind of bothered me. You're probably also wondering if I didn't know anything when we first met in Kyoto. They wouldn't tell me, actually who I would be hosting. Much less that it would be a girl. I had no idea of your identity. When I sent Jaejoong to pick you up that day at the airport, I actually didn't know then either. They were going to give me the information the moment I picked you up, but since I couldn't make it, they gave it to Jaejoong in his hotel and told him to not tell me who and so on.

 "But I actually did know the reason before hand and actually, when you performed with me in Kyoto, I couldn't help but wish it was you who would be the one staying with me. The way you shone on that stage... you were exactly what they hoped," he paushed and looked down briefly. "Johnny's is an all boys company which I'm sure you're fairly aware of. Well, Johnny decided he wanted to try something new, but since we're all guys and it would be better if it was an actual artist instead of a manager, it would be easier to tell how they would react to being with someone famous, even in a foreign country and if they had, well, talent. 

 "What I'm trying to say is that, Johnny signed up for the hosting program to try and find new talent. But he wanted something outside of the country. He's starting to think that expanding outside of Japan and Asia would be a lot better for all the other group's reputation and careers. All in all, that's why he did. The program we signed up for of course, he asked the board to not reveal to the student chosen about who he or she was staying with. Yes, he was hoping for another talented guy, but he also thought maybe starting with a girl or a group of girls with someone foreign would expand the borders of the company.

 "Because of these discisions, it was set into motion, being careful that the media didn't find out about the plan. Now you know the reason why the company would allow me to host a foreigner, as for why you and why me as the host goes as follows. I'm a proffesional, or so is what they say. I respect someone by their talent and just how serious they are when it comes to chasing their dreams. I might play around at times, but when it comes to my work, my career, it's something I do with pride and hard work. I find it hard to respect someone when they don't seem to care at all for what they want to achieve or don't even try. Why you were chosen, and how?

 "The board for the exchange program agreed since they were also receiving money in turn that they could use as scholarship money to give to a student who really needed it. From what I hear, you were the recipient of that money, so for Johnny, a good investment. They asked the board to find someone to decide who would be staying with me by what they were looking for. Talent, charisma, and also the way the person interacted with other people, and if per chance they came to interact with someone famous. They all agreed your Japanese teacher would be the best one to decide since she was closest to her students and knew of some of the other students that weren't even in her class. They all said she had a good eye and knew people very well. When they asked her, she spoke of a few of her students and some seemed possible but none seemed to be what we were searching for. They were going to decide on one of the guys since it was the best bet.

 "You weren't even a candidate..." Yamaa laughed lightly as I listened silently, taking this all in. It was so much information I couldn't even realize what he meant by that. "They said your sensei said there was someone she could think of that could be possible, but because she was a girl, her chances were lower, and also because she hadn't been able to make the deadline for the first payment, she couldn't even be considered a canditate. She burst into the middle of the middle of the meeting is what I heard..."

 I listened as he explained the day she walked in and I knew it was me. My mind flew to that day and heart throbbed...

 

  I had worked for five straight weeks doing more than part time and doing full time school. I was exhausted, and I kenw I had another chance in the future if I didn't make it this year for the study abroad program. I had pushed so hard in my studies to be able to study abroad that year and not wait for the year that most of the students my age went. Something just drove me to do it this year. It had to to be that year. But the day of the deadline, I was short of money and there was no way I could get an extension. I was so scared I wouldn't be able to have enough money for the other payments too and I had to find money for the first payment. But I had to try. There was just a really strong urge to go this year. I knew I could ask my parents for the money I still needed but I refused too. It was something I wanted to do on my own I would find a way to do it. I rushed back to my Japanese class only to find a classmate there alone

"Where's sensei?" I asked breathlessly. I had had class earlier that day and had run to work as soon as it ended.

"She's in a meeting with the board for the study abroad program," Max answered.

"Arigatou!" and I rushed off to the building I knew shew would be in. I had to convince her to accept the money I had so far and that I would pay back the rest. I had tried getting scholarships but other's got it and I didn't and most had also applied to to students who were older than me.

I was so desperate I rushed into the room and forgot to knock. All them froze and looked at me, five or six other people including my sensei. When I realized what I had just done I froze and looked over at my sensei. "Hontou ni gomennasai!" I bowed 90 degrees to her then to everyone else. Now that I thought about it, one of the people there was Japanese and it wasn't my teacher. From what I knew there was no Japanese person on the board except my sensei.

"Alice, why are you here?" Kaze sensei nodded in response to my apology.

"I know the deadline is today... and..." I bit my lip, embarrassed. "For the first payment..."

"Did you come to give me yours?" Kaze sensei stood up as if to walk to me.

"Um, not exactly..." she paused and waited for me to continue. I took a deep breath and kept my voice even. "I know that you said you would make an exception for me to go this year if I could make the payments, and I have most of it for the first payment. I'm short by very little which I can get to you by next week, if it's okay to just take what I already have. I will pay the rest that's missing next week and I'll have all of the money ready for the next payments on time.

"Alice, a deal is a deal," Kaze sensei looked at me sadly, but now that I think about it, she seemed disappointed. "I'm sorry, but unless you can get the rest by 7 today, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until next year."

I felt my whole heart drop at that. It would be near impossible to get the remaining money by 7. "Wakatta," I bowed. "Thank you anyways."

 "As soon as the girl walked out, your sensei explained to the other members and the representative of Johnny's that she had been the one she had in mind. She mentioned everything the girl was involved in and her personality to explain why she had given the girl a chance to study abroad her freshmen year when it wasn't allowed until the sophomore year. She also told them of her passion for the Japanese culture. The representative was impressed and made the call to Japan and talked with Johnny.  They agreed to pay for her half of her trip and they would give her the full scholarship after a trial run."

I walked away sadly from the building and went to sit at the steps of the building next door where my class would start in a few minutes. I felt devestated.

"Alice-san!" I looked up and saw Kaze sensei make her way to me, a smile on her face.

"Sensei!" I jumped up and bowed. 

"I came to let you know that the board and I discussed it and we are allowing you to pay what you have and the rest is covered," she held up her hand before I could thank her. "You will pay for half of everything from here on out though. Half, yes, before you ask. We found a scholarship that you fill the requirements perfectly. I know the program is for a few months, but if you do well there, you could get a full scholarship to stay there a whole year or study in either Korea or France for a year."

I looked at her wide eyed and then the tears fell. "I can go? I get to go to Japan?"

"Yes Alice-san, omedetou," she smiled and patted my shoulder. "I need to head back, but I thought I should let you know before you headed into class."

"Arigatou gozaimasu! Hontou ni arigatou gozaimasu!" I bowed over and over as she walked away and then I rushed into class.

 "The representative followed your sensei and he was pleased by her reaction. Alice, you realize that was you right?" he looked at me and I nodded slowly, all of it still sinking in. "As for the challenge your sensei set when you got seperated from the group, I later found out that she did it because when you told her you were with me she already knew who was going to be hosting you. That's why she allowed you to go to the concert. When she almost sent you home she wasn't really going to do it. She wanted to see how well we bonded in one day to see if I would go over and convince her to let you stay. If I hadn't shown up, she would have told you that they can't send you home just like that since all payments had been made and that meant you had to pay back everything in one week and she didn't want that for you.

 "What I'm saying, Johnny wants to talk to you when you come back and talk about signing a contract and become part of the label. I just don't want you to think that I did it because it was an order. Or that I don't love you and again, it was all for my job...." he looked at me as he trailed off awkwardly.

 I stood up and began pacing back and forth, knowing full well his eyes were on me the whole time as my mind raced miles a minute. Then I just stopped, right in front of him, his last words sunk in and clicked. "Contract?"

 "You would be part of the label," he nodded.

 "I would... you mean, I can be an actress... I can go after my dream?" I just gaped at him.

 "Yeah, but that's not all..." he reached for my hand and held it in both of his. "You have to study for a while... and I think they would prefer you went to France to improve your French and do work there at the same time. Just for a year, then you come back."

 I looked at him. "So we would be apart for a year?" The thought of it startled me.  Being apart a few weeks had been hard enough, so a year?

 "You can't come to Japan unless it's for something label related that is urgent, but I can always try and come see you when my schedule allows it," Tomo kissed my hand softly. "Okay?"

 I looked at him briefly and pulled away. It was a lot to take in. So much had happened in such a short amount of time, but one thing I knew for sure was how I felt for Tomo and how much I wanted him in my life. But I also knew just how important my dream was and how I've longed for an oppurtunity like this. I was lucky that Tomo understood that and I knew that if I didn't go after it, as much as he loved me, he would lose respect for me. But even more, I would not be able to respect myself either. So I looked at Tomo and nodded, smiling softly as I turned to pack once again, this time he helped me and we talked about random things. Caught up with things about each other that we possibly didn't know about from the time we had spent apart. It was nice and eventually the smell of cooking brought us out to the kitchen where we joined Taemin, Belle, Key, Onew and Adriel to enjoy their baked goods. Minho was appearantly out and Jonghyun... he was locked up in his room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 "We'll see you again if we ever have a concert in France," Adriel and Belle hugged Alice tightly, cab waiting for Alice and Yamaa to take them to the airport.

 "You better," Alice murmured. "And don't forget to call either when you have the time." Alice looked at everyone in turn and hugged each an everyone of them. "Take care of my babies." She gave Kibum a serious look. "You. You better not break her heart or I'll risk my career and break your pretty face."

 "Not my face!" Key nodded and smiled, receiving a smile from Alice.

 "But I'm not too worried," she hugged him. "But no ring for another few years!"

 "Arra arra," Key laughed.

 "Taemin... mmm..." Alice paused in front of Taemin, studying him in silence making him squirm. "Be good. Eat lots and get some more meat on those bones. You expect to take care of Belle with no strength?"

 "Neh noona, I'll do my best," he blushed.

 "Good," she hugged him and reached up to ruffle his hair, getting a grunt of disapproval from the two umma's of SHINee.

 "Onew," she grinned up at him. "You are quite the leader and that girl is quite lucky to have you. Let's do a duet sometime in the future?"

  "Of course Alice-ah," Onew nodded, a wide smile on his face.

  "And thank you, for snapping at me that time," Alice looked down slightly embarrassed as the others looked at the two in confusion. "But I'm sorry that didn't work."

  "Nothing could be done, it was expected," Onew pulled her in for a hug. "But I can always snap at you if you need to wake up and stop moping."

  "Aish," she laughed and nodded. "Thanks." She turned to Minho next and placed a hand on his shoulder, frowing slightly. "You...."

  "Me...?" Minho felt like taking a step back.

  "You didn't heed my advice very well from before, did you?" Alice said in a calm tone.

  "What...oh..." he swallowed. "Sorry?"

  "You shouldn't have done that," Alice shook her head and stepped back, shaking her head. "But alas, it's all fine now I suppose. But you should have learned that forcing a kiss on someone isn't very smart either." She motioned towards Yamaa. "Guess you got hurt anyways. I'm sorry for that. But it's good to see you two friends still." 

  "Alice..." Adriel whined. 

  "Sorry," Alice laughed. "I'm teasing... kinda. But I'm glad you're happy now too. Now stop being so freaking tall."

  "Sorry, that I can't help," Minho laughed and they hugged.

  "Alice, we have to get going," Yamaa called from the taxi.

 "Okay..." Alice looked back up to the dorm where Jonghyun had refused to come down and say goodbye.  She turned around and looked at Yamaa and gave him a half smile before starting to slide into the cab.

 "Alice!" Jonghyun came running down breathless and stopped by the door. Alice stepped out and looked at Jonghyun in surprise.

 "Jonghyun..." Alice looked at him, tears in her eyes. Yamaa stepped back and looked away.

 "Don't," Jonghyun shook his head, trying to not cry again. "Alice, I... I realized last night that, if this didn't work out, maybe there's my girl out there somewhere..." 

 "Jjong," Alice hear swelled.

 "But that doesn't change the fact that I love you, and that you broke my heart," his voiced cracked as he spoke. "But I won't give up. A part of me will never give up on you. I'll always have a bit of hope that you'll come back to me. But I won't let it bring me down."

 "Jjong," Alice reached for his hand but he turned to Yamaa.

 "You take care of her and don't you dare break her heart again, or next time I'm not letting go," Jonghyun looked at Yamaa and they looked each other in the eye. "But I deserve a goodbye. A right one."

 "Jonghyun, what are you saying?" Alice looked back and forth between the two as they stared each other down.

 "I won't hurt her again, and I won't ever let her go," Yamaa nodded and glanced at Alice briefly before looking at Jonghyun again. "Fine, you have permission if she lets you." With that Yamaa slid into the cab.

 "Alice," Jonghyun turned to look at Alice again. "I understand if you say no, but, just one last kiss?"

 Everyone froze and held their breath as Alice's eyes widened as she looked at the cab where Yamaa waited for her then back at Jonghyun. She closed her eyes then nodded slowly. "Okay, one more," and with that Jonghyun pulled her into his arms and hugged her first, holding her close. When they pulled away, Jonghyun leaned forward and pressed his lips against Alice's softly and tenderly. He didn't want to let go or break the kiss and found it hard to break away, but Alice pulled away slowly and pressed her forehead against his, eyes closed. "Thank you for everything Jonghyun." With that she pulled free and slid into the cab, waving at the group. "I'll be back in a year or two!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Year Later

 

"And now, for the first time in Japan, Aika!" the crowd cheered and the lights dimmed on the stage before just one light blue spotlight focused on center stage as a platform rose with a single figure standing on it. Music started and soft voice began to sing a quiet sounding melody before the stage burst into lights and a young woman, dark long hair cascading down, bangs in her face began to dance. The music became more intense and she sang passionately.

 She sang of dreams and working to make them come true, and never giving up. To always have hope. She sang of love and the harships it brought. After her first performance ended, the crowed cheered again and she bowed. "Arigatou!" she smiled and waved. "They asked me to introduce the next performer, which I'm sure you have been waiting for anxiously, Yamapi!"

 "Yamapi! Yamapi!"

  Soon Yamaa stood on the stage and took the rest of the show up to the finally. Fans went crazy and applauded wanting for more but he raised a hand and quieted them down as everyone who perfomed that night came out for the final bow. Names of the different artist were screamed out by their perspective fans. Yamaa looked all around at his audience and fellow friends who stood on stage beside him, his eyes pausing briefly on one of them in particular before they all bowed and stepped off stage.

 "So how was your first performance?" Kazuya asked the girl Aika. "Well, first one in Japan."

 "It wasn't really my first one here," she shook her head smiling brightly. "But it was really amazing."

 "Let's take this little kohai of ours out for drinks tonight!" clamored Ryo.

 "Not without us," Tauru came up and draped an arm over her shoulders.

 "Tauru!" she looked up at him and smiled. "Shouji! It's been so long!"

 "Hey there kiddo," Shouji grinned.

 "Why is this hall so damn crowded?" Yamaa tried pushing through and stopped when he caught sight of Aika.

 "Hi senpai, great performance," she bowed and smiled shyly. 

 "You too," he looked her up and down and frowned.

 "C'mon Yamapi, be nice to Aika, she worked so hard," Ryo draped an arm over his shoulder.

 "Stop calling her that!" he snapped.

 "Maybe drinks another time," Aika said. "I'm tired so I should head home... but I have to go see some friends soon."

 "Alright," everyone sighed. "We're keeping you to your word Aika!"

 "Hai, hai," she waved them off as Yamaa just stayed in place, arms crossed over his chest. "What?"

 "Why didn't you come to my place?" he hissed. "I thought we agreed you were staying with me. You didn't even come and say hi when you got back!"

 "I had stuff to do," she shrugged.

 "What the hell!" he grabbed her shoulders. "You stopped calling, stopped communication between us completely. Why?"

 "Stop," she mumbled. "Please, just let me go."

 "What happened to you?" he dropped his hands and turned around to walk away. "Do you even love me still?"

 "I..." she looked down.

 "Forget it Alice," he stepped away.

 "I missed you," Alice whispered. "I missed you so much I felt like I was going insane."

  Yamaa turned around and looked at her. "Then why...?"

 "Because everytime we talked I wished I was with you, and it made it so hard for me to keep working and studying," she looked at him. "I wanted to just drop everything. Risk everything to come back to you. So I decided to cut everything from you until I came back. And I couldn't tell you because then you would come to France to see me and then I really wouldn't have been able to see you get back on a plane and not see you again for a while."

 "Alice..." Yamaa walked back to her and pulled her into his embrace. 

 "So I did that and I knew that it could mean that you would resent me, that you would find someone else... forget about me," she wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.

 "I never forgot about you. There wasn't a single day that I didn't worry about you or think that maybe you found someone there and that's why you stopped talking to me," he cupped her face and lifted it up to meet his gaze. "But I would never, could never find someone else, okay? I can only love you."

 "Same," she smiled softly. "I can only love you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, that's it. It's done... now let me go cry...

No, but seriously, I'm sorry it took so long for me to update and finish. You have no idea how much I've been procastinating because I couldn't bring myself to finish my first baby here.

I thank you all who have stuck with me through the end, and for the new subscribers I also gained near the end, it made me want to update sooner.

I hope you all liked this ending... it was very hard to write it. I love you all and hope to see you comment and subscribe in maybe some of my other stories in the future.

Now, again, I love you all, and it's been a great and long journey.

Now for a gif/pic spam of everyone (that was an idol lolol) in this fic ♥

Kazuya

Ryo

Maki

Tohoshinki

Jaejoong

SHINee 

Minho

Onew

 

Taemin & Key

Jonghyun!

 

YAMAPI!! ♥

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN, 

I LOVE YOU ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2013 WOOHOOO!!