IX

Angels and Demons

The night sky was clear and the darkness of the night was taken away by the full moon. The cool night breeze blows onto trees and flowers. It was peacefully silent, but the peaceful silence of the night was broken by a faint scream. The scream didn’t wake everyone in the school’s dorm; it only woken three of its habitants. 

“Amber unnie” Luna gently shook Amber, while Sulli and Krystal were hovering over Amber with worried faces. 

Amber slowly opened her eyes; sweats rolling off her forehead. 

Krystal sat down on Amber’s bed and grabbed Amber’s hand and held it in between both of her hands “Unnie, did you dream about the incident again?”

Amber looked dazed as tears started to roll down her face. She gently nodded her head “Yeah... the same dream I've been having since I was a kid.”

Sulli sat down on the other side Amber’s bed and started to wipe Amber’s tears from her face, “We’re here unnie, don’t worry, it’s all just a dream now.”

Luna sat down at the foot of the bed as she let out a long sigh, “Amber unnie, you haven’t had 'the dream' for almost 30 years now. Why are you having it again? It must be those demons! They must have triggered your memories of the incident.”

Krystal grabbed Amber and held her in her arms. Krystal whispered, “Everything will be ok unnie. It’s all in the past and even though you can’t remember exactly what happened... it's better that way.”

As the three girls were calming Amber down, a white light flashed into the room. Victoria walked out of the light holding a small bottle in her hand. 

“Amber, are you alright?” Victoria asked as she walks toward Amber’s bed. “I could feel the instability of your emotions. I guess this is why Sulli asked me to make this potion.”

“I’m alright unnie; it’s just my dream again that's all,” Amber replied to Victoria as she sat up in her bed, “What potion did Sulli asked you to make?”

Sulli stood up from Ambers' bed, moving towards Victoria. She grabbed the bottle out of Victorias' hand saying, “This potion is for all of us. It might be risky since it will take away our healing powers, but we have to drink it. I see something ominous coming our way especially for Amber unnie, but something dark is blocking my vision.”

“Does this have anything to do with the culprit?” Luna asked. 

“I'm not sure myself but I think there is a high possibility that it does”, Sulli answered as she uncorked the bottle and passed it to Amber, “Drink it unnie! Just one sip would be enough.”

Amber took the bottle and was about to drink it when Krystal grabbed her hand and pulled it back. 

“This is too risky! We could die from this!” Krystal said as she turned to look at Sulli.

Sulli walked over toward Krystal grabbed her free hand and squeezed it tightly in her own, “It will be alright. If we do this it will all be alright. If we don’t, the situation will worsen. Trust me Krystal, believe in my power.” 

Amber grabbed the bottle out of Krystal’s hand, “... and I trust Sulli”. 
Amber took a sip of the potion and passed the bottle back to Krystal. Krystal looked down at the bottle, let out a sigh, and took a sip herself. The rest of the girls followed. 

“I made one for the demons as well. I gave it to Onew to take to them,” Victoria said as she sat down on one of the beds, “I hope they drink it”.

Amber was lying on the bed with her head in Krystal’s lap. She was playing with her necklace; a long thin silver chain with a clear pendant at the end. The pendant held a white feather with a speck of red on it inside. Amber kept twirling the pendant in her hand until she fell back asleep. 

“I wish we could erase all of her memories of him,” Krystal said as she gently brushed Amber’s hair away from her face.

“Her subconscious doesn’t want to forget him. She’s very strong and therefore we will never be able to erase him out of her subconscious mind” Victoria said.

“Have any of you seen him before? This angel that the demon took from her?” Luna asked.

Sulli shook her head, “None of us know who he is. Donghae and Jessica know who he is, but they will never tell us.” 

“Anyway, the culprits are making a move aren’t they? Isn't that why you're making us drink this potion Sulli?” Victoria looked at Sulli.

“Yes, we have to be more careful from now on, since we still can’t find anything on them,” Sulli answered as she looked out into the beautiful night sky. 



=============================


“Minho!” Key yelled into Minho’s ear to wake him up. “What are you dreaming about?! I tried to wake you up for 10 minutes! Onew hyung is here.” 

“I... I don’t know. I see a girl crying. I wanted to comfort her but I couldn’t move from where I was hiding...” Minho stuttered as he got up.

“Minho, what the heck is wrong with you? It’s just a freaking dream. We are demons remember, we don’t care if a girl is crying or not.” Key shoved Minho over and sat next to him. 

Jonghyun looked over at Key and laughed, “Anyway Onew hyung, what do you want with us?” 

“Victoria gave this to us,” Onew showed them the small potion bottle in his hand, “It seems that the culprit might suspect us, since we draw so much attention. That angel Sulli saw that something bad will happen if we don’t take our healing powers away.”

“So that’s what the potion is for?” Taemin grabbed the bottle from Onew’s hand and swirled the liquid inside.

“These angels, what do they think?” Key angrily muttered, “Without our healing powers we can die if we get hurt badly enough!”

“That problem has been taken care of,” Onew calmly answered.

“How?” Jonghyun asked.

“One of the angels has healing powers. If situation get out of hand, she will heal all of us, including the angels themselves,” Onew answered.

“They already drank the potion then?” Minho asked. 

“I believe so yes,” Onew replied, “The culprits are making their moves and if we don’t do this the situation can get worse.”

“Here goes nothing,” Taemin said as he uncorked the bottle and took a sip. Minho got up out of his bed to try to stop Taemin but he was too late. 

“Taemin! You always do things before we come to an agreement don’t you?” Minho ruffled Taemin’s hair as he took the bottle from him and took a sip himself. 

“Ah! Whatever those angels better be true to their words and save us when things don’t go to plan” Key said, as he took a sip as well. 

Jonghyun took a sip of the potion and Onew finished off what was left. 

Onew smiled, “That should do it. I also want you guys to check into the student councils' club. Victoria and I sensed some weird power coming from there. Also, we are going to start doing patrol of the school at night with the angels. Each of us will be paired up with one of them every night for the patrol.”

As he heard this new information, Key slammed his hand on the side table which broke in half easily, “Must I?” 

“Yes Key. If we want to catch the culprit soon we must,” Onew said as he disappeared into thin air, “Good night boys.”

Minho stood at the window and look up at the moon “I wonder who will be paired up for the patrol.”

“Ugh ... I don’t even want to think about that!” Key said with disgust in his voice as he got back into his bed.

Jonghyun smileed as he got back under his blanket, “I want to be pair up with that angel called Amber.”
Minho quickly turned and looked at Jonghyun “Hyung, she’s an angel. You can’t use your playboy charm on her. You've charmed most of the human girls at this school already. How many have given their body to you?”

Jonghyun smirked at Minho as he closes his eyes. 

“Hyung, what is wrong with you?” Taemin walked up to Minho, “You never cared if Jonghyun used his power to seduce girls before. I mean we are demons... why should we care? Human are weak and they easily fall for the sinful things that we throw at them.” 

“It’s nothing, it’s just that... I’ve been dreaming of this girl ever since we got here and I have no idea why. It’s the same dream every night. I can never move from my hiding spot and I can never see her face, but the pain I feel from not being able to help her is so great” Minho said.

“It will be ok hyung,” Taemin said as he put his arm around Minho’s shoulder, “Let get some rest.”



===================================


[AMBER POV]

I had this dream so many times when I was younger. I haven’t dreamt about the incident for so long so, why now? In my dream I’m standing at the edge of heaven, in front of the gate that connects heaven and hell. White feathers are scattered everywhere. One floats down into my hand. It has a small speck of blood on it; small red dot that tarnish a pure white feather. 

Donghae walk up to me and said, “He is gone Amber, he will never come back. He was taken away by the demons. His light of life has been diminished forever.” 

Donghae would then hold me tightly in his arms as I screamed out with pain and anguish. 
I don’t know who the angel I lost was. I can’t remember his face or anything about him. There is only one thing that I remember... he was, no, is someone very important and very dear to me. I remember the pain that I felt when I lost him. That pain is why hate demons. 



=================================

 con18.gif