X

Angels and Demons

It was early in the morning but the beautiful light of the sun was hidden away by the storm clouds. All the angels were still asleep, only one was wide awake. 

Amber had woken up earlier than usual since it was only 4 o’clock in the morning. She rolled out of her bed, grabbed her towel and headed towards the bathroom. She returned 10 minutes later all dressed in her uniform. She pulled down her skirt, trying to make it a little longer. She still wasn’t used to the short length of it.

She had the same dream again last night but she doesn’t want to worry the girls. She had woken herself up before she screamed like she usually did. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down a note for the girls before she left the room.

‘I need to get some fresh air. I will meet up with you at the cafeteria for breakfast at 7AM.’
- Amber.



***


As Amber walked aimlessly toward the main school building she remembered the teaching she received from the Archangel Zachiel and his princes - Zebul and Sabbath. They had mentioned something about Lucifer and Satan - that Lucifer and Satan are two separate fallen angels. They taught her that she shouldn’t hate them. But, back then Amber hated them; Satan, Lucifer, and Demons. 

“My child, Amber” Zachiel looked into Amber’s eyes “... the reason Lucifer, son of the morning, was banished from the Heavens and stripped of his title as one of the Cherubim was because of his egotism and pure malice. His sin is his pride.” 

“What is a Cherubim?” Amber would ask back. 

“The Cherubim belongs to the 5th order of Angels. They are the most active on Earth, protecting all God's creations. No other Order works harder. If humans knew just how much the Cherubim have done for them, they would occupy the most privileged station in Angelic Lore.” Said Zebul.

“...The Cherubim is also given the task of maintaining the records of heaven and seeing to the details necessary to keep order in the Heavenly Host.” finished Sabbath. 

“So he wasn’t always bad?” Amber asked innocently. 

“No my child, he wasn’t.” The Archangel Zachiel looked at Amber with gentle eyes. “Unfortunately, he let his pride rule his emotions. He does not oppose God, but he opposes The Archangel Michael. Those two are the greatest of enemies. ”

“What about Satan?” Amber continued questioning.

“Satan was one of the Ruling Prince’s of the Seraphim.” Sabbath explained to Amber. “The Seraphim are in charge of maintaining the presence of the Source of the Whole of Existence within the physical worlds. They are the guardians of the various universes. Without question they are the closest in all of the heavens to the very throne of God.”

“Satan was jealous of the amount of love God was giving to Adam and he turned himself into the snake to temp Eve.” Zebul took over. “He walks between the Heavens and Earth; primarily staying on Earth as he seeks to destroy the lives of human beings as well as to separate them from God.”

“So he wasn’t bad either,” Amber said. “He was overtaken by his jealously.”

“Yes Amber.” Zebul and Sabbath said at the same time. “So do not let your sadness of losing that someone close to your heart turn you to hate those who God himself doesn’t hate.”



***


“Amber!!” someone was yelling at Amber from the distance or so she thought. A hand grabbed her on the shoulder. She reacted quickly and grabbed the hand and threw the person to the ground. Instead of landing on the ground the person landed on his feet like a cat. 

“It’s you.” Amber step back from the man standing in front of her. “What do you want?”

“I saw you wondering aimlessly in the rain without an umbrella. I thought you might want to act a little bit normal.” Minho said as he put an umbrella over the two of them. 

“Why are you up so early?” Amber asked him. 

“I should ask you the same thing.” he replied. 

“I asked you first.” she said annoyed. 

“I couldn’t sleep.” Minho looked down to the ground.

“I didn’t know a demon can look so sad.” Amber said as she started to walk again. “I couldn’t sleep either.”

Minho followed her still holding the umbrella over the both of them. Amber looked up at Minho, who was walking next to her. She studied his face, shook her head and turned away from him. 

Minho smirks at her action. “Why did you stare at me like that?”

“There’s something about you that I can’t quite put my finger on.” she said. 

“What is that?” Minho asked her. 

“Well if I knew I wouldn’t have stared at you like that would I?” Amber retorted back at him.

“Where are you heading to anyway?” Minho asked her. 

“We have gym for our first period right?” Amber said as she opened the door to the main school building. “I need to grab my gym clothes from my locker.” 

“You left your dirty gym clothes in your locker?” Minho pinched his nose. “I better stay far away from you in gym class.” 

“Ha ha ... you are so funny” Amber replied to his teasing. “They are clean by the way.”
Unknown to Amber and Minho; Key was following them quietly. He had been following Minho since he got up early this morning. 

“Why do I have this burning feeling in my heart when I see that angel with Minho?” Key whispers to himself. 

Amber looked down at her uniform and noticed that she was soaked right through. The wet uniform clung onto her small frame that she hid with her oversized clothes. She looked over at Minho and noticed that he was also wet, but only half of his body is wet. She tilted her head to the side and then snapped her fingers. In an instant, both of them became dry. 

Minho noticed the change; he touched his clothes and looked up and smiled at Amber. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcomed.” Amber said as she turned away and started to walk towards her locker. 

Lockers are assigned to the students by class. Minho and Amber are in the same class with Key and Jonghyun, therefore the four of them have a locker right next to each other. 

As Amber opens her locker, over a dozen pink envelops fell out of it. She grabbed her gym uniform and handed it over to Minho “Can you hold this for one second?”

Minho took Amber’s gym uniform and held it in his one hand. He stood there and watches as Amber gathered up the envelops on the floor and placed it back into her locker again. 

“You have a lot of admirers.” Minho said to Amber. 

“They are all from girls.” Amber said as she turned to face him. “Thank you for holding my gym clothes. I can take it back now.”

“Just turn around.” Minho grabbed Amber’s shoulder with his free hand and turns her around. He s Amber’s school bag and neatly placed her gym clothes in the bag and zipped it back up. 

“There you go.”

Amber turned around to face Minho “Thank ...” before she could finish her sentence a girl ran up towards them. Her eyes were blank and in her hand she held a kitchen knife. She wasn’t aiming for Amber but she was running straight for Minho. Minho who had his back turned to the girl didn’t realize what was going on until Amber pushed him out of the way. 

Blood dripped down Amber’s hand as she held the knife that almost stabbed Minho in the back. Key who was following the two appeared from his hiding place and held back the girl. Minho grabbed Amber’s hand, ripped his shirt off and wrapped it around Amber’s hand to stop it from bleeding.

“Take her to the infirmary.” Key told Minho. “I’ll take care of this girl.” 

“I’m ...” said Amber but was stopped mid sentence by Minho. 

“You’re NOT fine.” Minho lifted Amber up into his arms and started to carry her toward the infirmary. 

“Hey, de ... I mean Minho it’s my hand. There’s no need to carry me.” Amber fought to get down but Minho held tight. 
Key looks on as Minho and Amber headed toward the infirmary. He then turned around to shake the girl. “Hey are you alright?”

The girl stared back at him with the same blank look that she had earlier. 

“What is going on here...?” Onew said as he walked in from the courtyard. 

“Isn’t it too early for a date?” Victoria said as she follows Onew in from the courtyard. 

“Mr. Lee and Ms. Song.” Key addressed them by their last name to keep their cover. “It’s not what you guys think. She’s not feeling well. I think she tried to hurt someone.”

“Well let’s take her to the infirmary and have the nurse check on her.” Onew said as he grabbed hold of the girl and started to walk toward the infirmary.

“Whoever that is controlling this girl is hiding somewhere close.” Victoria whispered to Key. “As long as we take her far away from here the spell will be diminished.” 



***


“Shoot!” a figure that was hiding behind a tree in the courtyard muttered under his breath. “She didn’t get the right target. What am I suppose to tell Heechul-nim.” 

“You don’t have to tell me anything.” Heechul appears.

The figure jumped. “Heechul-nim!!” 

“Kevin, it wasn’t your fault that you didn’t get him, but you got her and she was on the list.” Heechul patted Kevin on the back. “We can eliminate her off the list then. We just have to find another chance to attack the others.”

“The others are working on it now Heechul-nim.” Kevin replied. 

“Good, tell them that they must be more careful. If he is one of them then they will be on a high alert now.” Heechul turned and walked towards the dorms. “I thought that the girl was one of them too. I guess I was wrong.”



============================