XXII

Angels and Demons


「XXII」

Author’s Note: 
I would like to do a quick recap. This may help you understand this chapter better. I had mentioned in a few chapters back, of a shadowy figure that appeared to give Heechul’s and Tiffany orders. It will be revealed in this chapter as to who that person is. It would also help if you reviewed the “Demonic Hierarchy.” Please enjoy this update and don’t forget to comment.

 

 

“Did you see that man standing behind Heechul?” Kevin cradled Amber in his arms as he followed Hara deeper into the underground cave. Amber felt the air around her grow thicker as they continued.

“I kind of did,” Hara answered.

“Who is he?” Kevin asked curiously. 

“I’m not sure who he is exactly, but he’s the one that Heechul answers to,” Hara muttered. “His power helped us opened all those gates before this one.”

“Don’t tell me ...”

“He’s a demon,” Hara finished.

“Why did he help us and go against his own people?” 

Hara stopped, “its war he wants and this is how he will get it. He had been jilted by Heaven and he feels that the time has come to take his revenge.” Amber heard her footsteps again, which meant that they continued their walk.

Amber half opened her eyes to peek as to where they were. Rays of orange lights started to come into view. It took awhile for Amber’s eyes to adjust to the lights. Once they adjusted, she saw that they had entered into a large circular room. 

The ceiling of the room is about eight feet tall. There was a large arched ancient stone door in the wall, just across from where they stood. Two large torches stood on either side of the door; the room only sources of light. Heechul and a tall, hooded man stood in the heart of the room, in front of the door.

Amber glimpsed at the body of a man on the ground next to Heechul’s feet. 

“Put her down beside me.” Heechul ordered. Kevin carried her closer to Heechul. Amber kept her eyes on the body at his feet. Amber realized who it was at Heechul’s feet. She felt the anger rose inside of her. 

Filled with raged, Amber transformed back into her angelic form. She elbowed Kevin on the side of his temple, which caused him to let her go. He fell unconscious on the ground. Amber’s rainbow coloured wings stretched across her back. Her short hair grew - long soft waves that fell below her waist – and her eyes changed from dark brown to emerald green in one eye and golden in the other. A long sword appeared in her hand. She quickly twisted around and used the flat end of her sword to hit Hara in the stomach. 

Hara let out gasp and fell down on her knees, clutching her stomach. Heechul came at her, but she sent a ball of golden flame at him. The flame engulfed him and trapped him in his spot. She then surrounded Kevin and Hara with the flame as well. 

She turned her attention to the tall hooded man. As he slowly stepped toward her, he lowered his hood. A beautiful face hid behind the hood. He smirked at her, two large horns protruded from either side of his forehead. Amber backed away from him. 

He slowly undid his cape and let it fall to the ground. Gigantic black wings sprouted from his back, “Hello, little Aurora.” He snickered as he slowly pulled out a large two-handed sword. However, he only held it with one hand. He made the large heavy sword looked like it was as light as a feather. 

“Satan?” Amber muttered. She stared at him, feeling the air of malevolent hung around him. 

He laughed, “Good, you remembered me.” He rushed toward her with his sword. Amber blocked it, but the blow knocked her down to the ground.

Amber was quick to recover. She sprang to her feet and drove at him, the sword alive in her hand. Satan jumped back, parrying, but she followed, pressing the attack. The swords clashed at each other, sprang apart, and clashed at each other again. She slashed at him, swinging the sword so hard that sparks flew when the swords came together. They had knocked the torches down and they fought in the darkness of the cave.

She was enraged and the adrenaline had gone to her head. The two of them were so engaged in the fighting that they did not noticed Minho. The sudden bright light that filled the room stopped them. They turned toward the source and there, Minho was emitting the bright white light. Like a ragged doll, he slowly lifted himself from the ground. An empty vial lay empty at his feet. 

“Minho ...” she slowly walked toward him. His large black wings spread across his back. However, Amber noticed that the colour of his wings flickered between black and white. All of a sudden, he snapped his head in Amber’s direction. His eyes stared straight at her, same with the wings; they flickered from dark red to golden brown. 

She walked closer, but a fathom force pushed her gently toward the wall. She struggled but it was no use. She looked at Minho and he smiled a sad smile, “No!” She cried.

Minho turned to Satan, “Why?”

“This?” Satan smirked. “I want to rid the world of these pathetic humans. I always did and they casted me from Heaven because of it.”

“Why do you need to kill Amber?”

“The treaty,” he lifted his sword and started to circle around Minho. “I need a human to kill an angel to start to war. The Halflings were perfect tool for me. They are part human and desperate. I just had to tell them that they can release the Grigoris by killing her.”

Minho conjured up a long one-hand sword. He pointed at Satan, “You will have to kill me first!”

Satan laughed, “Look at how unstable your power is. I don’t think that will be hard to kill you, Uriel!”

Minho ignored it and lunged toward him. He brought his sword down toward Satan, but he parried and quickly slashed sideway at Minho’s upper left thigh. Crimson blood seeped through his white pants. 

Amber noticed that his wings started to produce strong white light. The next thing she noticed was that Minho had fallen to his knees and his hands clutching at his throat. His mouth moved, but no voice came out of it. He had a terrified looked in his eyes. The wicked laugh of Satan filled the underground room. 

The light grew white and Amber felt the heat radiating from it. It blinded Amber and then a deafening sound of the explosion engulfed the whole room. Satan’s laughed died down, but was replaced by a long agonizing scream and darkness took Amber. All was quiet.


a4vnS.gif