XII

Angels and Demons

Taemin and Jonghyun were already in cafeteria waiting for them. They picked the table that is furthest away from the rest of the students. Jonghyun and Amber were registered into the school’s system as cousins. The similarities between the two of them helped.

They made up story of Taemin and Luna being childhood friends. Krystal being Amber’s stepsister and Krystal’s best friend is Sulli. Minho & Key are friends with Jonghyun and Luna is friend with Amber. This is so that no one would suspect anything suspicious when all of them are seen together. 

Jonghyun saw them walk into the cafeteria; he waved them over to the table. “Hey! Over here!”

Key led them towards the table. “Hey!”

All eyes are on them as they walked toward the table. Their popularity in the school had risen. Everywhere they went the students always followed them. The students have dubbed the eight of them ‘A8’ for ‘Angels 8’ or ‘8 Angels.’ 

“Where are Sulli and Krystal?” Taemin asked as Luna, Amber, Minho & Key sat down at the table. 

“They went to the students’ council’s meeting,” Luna answered as she grabbed a piece of toast that was in the middle of the table.

“They will be here in about 15 minutes,” Amber nodded at Taemin to past her the orange juices’ jug. 

“Oh ...” Taemin trailed off as he passed Amber the jug. 

“What happened to your hand?” Jonghyun grabbed Amber’s hand. You could hear the faint sound of thunder from the distance. 

“She injured it, but I took care of it, so there nothing to worry about.” Minho said as he pulled Jonghyun’s hand away from Amber’s. 

Key stared at the three of them from across the table; grabbed his chest and squeezed it lightly. Luna who was sitting next to him noticed this and lifted one of her eyebrow up with curiosity. “Hmm ...” 

“It’s fine now,” Amber said as she poured the juice in her glass and drank all the juice in one gulp. “I’m hungry, so can we talk about what happened later?”

“Yeah, let’s eat!” Key chimed in as he grabbed a piece of bacon and placed it on his plate.

The rest of them started to pile the food that was in the middle of their table onto their plates. As all of them sat there and ate in silence, two female students shyly walked up to Amber. Minho who saw the two students walked up to Amber. He stopped the two from getting any closer to her by putting his arm up and created a safe space between the female students and Amber. “What do you want?”

“Hmm ... we ... we ...” the first girl stuttered and started to blush. 

The girl that was standing behind her stepped in and quickly said what the first girl could not. “We were wondering if Amber would like to go to the annual with either one of us.”

“What did you say?” Amber turned and asked the girl, while was still full of food.

“She asked if you wanted to go the school Annual Ball with either one of them,” Luna said as she wiped the food off Amber’s face. Amber spat the food out when she was talking to the girl. 
“What Annual Ball?” Amber asked them. “Plus do you realize that I’m a girl?”

“Umm ...” The girl that asked the question went red immediately after she heard what Amber said. 

“Anyway, I’m not going to any ball with anyone,” Amber smiled back at the two. “Thanks for asking.”

Even thought the two girls were turned down by Amber, they smiled happily back at her, bowed and ran off screaming with joy.

Amber scratched her head. “I turned them down right? Shouldn’t they be upset?”

Luna laughed, “I guess they’re just happy you talked to them.”

Key clicked his teeth, “Tch ... crazy humans.”

“Be quiet,” Jonghyun nudged him. 

“What is this Annual Ball thing anyway it sounds interesting,” Taemin spoke up after he finished all the food on his plate. 

Luna shrugged, “No idea, but we will ask Krystal and Sulli when they get here.”

“That’s probably what the meeting is about,” Amber returned her attention back to the food on the plate in front of her. 



[][][][][]


Meanwhile in the students’ council’s office, Joon sat at the head of the rectangular table tapping his fingers on the table as he listened to each of the classes’ representatives suggest ideas about the Annual Ball that will be coming up in 1 month. 

“So we have to pick a theme,” the student’s council vice president, Hara, stated as she got up and walked towards the whiteboard behind Joon. She grabbed the whiteboard marker and started to write down the themes each class representatives suggested. “We will write down the suggestions and then we will vote for the one we think would be best for this year Annual Ball.”

“Only the high school division are allowed to attend the ball, therefore the elementary and junior high representatives can leave,” Joon said. 

The elementary and junior high class representatives got up and bowed at Joon before each one of them left the students’ council’s office. 

“Ok, let’s continue,” Hara, said as she turned back toward the whiteboard. 

The high school division considered of three classes. H1, H2 and H3; Krystal and Sulli represent H1. Chundoong, who is the president of the drama club represent H2, with his friend Kevin. Joon represent H3, with Alexander, the president of the media club. 

“What do you guys think of a mix between an Angel and a Demon theme?” Kevin asked them.

Krystal and Sulli looked at each other nervously “What about Candy Land theme?” Sulli suggested with a nervous smile.

Alexander smiled back at her. “I think what Kevin suggested sound better than the Candy Land theme. Sorry I have to vote with the Angels and Demons theme.”

“The Angels and Demons theme sounds cool to me too,” Hara chimed in. 

“I like that theme too,” Chundoong clasped his hands together, tilted his head to the side and smiled at Krystal. “What do you think Krystal?”

“Well it seems like the two of us has been out voted,” Krystal smiled back nervously at Chundoong.

Joon stood up, “Ok so that is settle then? We are going to do an Angels and Demons theme?”

“Yes, but let’s make this more interesting by turning it into a masquerade ball,” Hara smiled, proud of her new idea.

“Yes!” Kevin jumped up with a wide grin on his face. “Masquerade ball with an Angels and Demons theme is going to be so much fun!” 

“Ok, Hara you will take care of the financial side of things. Chundoong will take care of the decorations and location with Krystal. Kevin and Alexander will take care of entertainment and promotion of the Ball. Sulli and I will take care of the foods and beverages,” Joon said as he walked toward the door. “Ok the meeting is adjourned. You people can leave. I have to talk to Sulli and Krystal about our rules and regulations, because they are new.”

“See you later then,” Alexander said to Joon as he followed Kevin, Hara and Chundoong out of the office. 

Joon locked the door to the students ‘council’s office after his friend Alexander left the room, “Sit down.”

Sulli and Krystal looked at each other nervously and sat back down in their chair. 

“No, come and sit down here,” Joon directed them to his desk that was located in the adjoining room to the office. He closed the door to the smaller room and locked it as well. 

Krystal grabbed hold of Sulli’s hand and held it tightly. Sulli looked back at her with the look that told Krystal that everything would be ok. They sat down on the two chairs that were in front of a big luxurious looking desk. 

“What do you want to talk to us about?” Sulli asked Joon.

“Well it’s not really about the rules and regulation,” Joon smiled back at them. “But I guess you already figured that out.”

“Yes, because we were given the rules book when we were chosen as the representatives of our class,” Sulli replied. 

“Well, I’ll get to the point then,” Joon sat down behind the desk. “Krystal, your step sister is Amber right?”

“Yes, but what does Amber have to do with the students’ council?” Krystal held Sulli’s hand tighter. 

“No, it has nothing to do with the students’ council,” Joon turned red. “I wanted to ask her to the annual ball. I was wondering if you can give this note to her.” 

“That’s all this was about?” Sulli smirked.

“Really, you could have asked her yourself,” Krystal shook her head. 

“Well, I don’t want her to turn me down face to face,” he buried his face in his hands. “I know I’m pathetic, but please help me just this once.”

Sulli placed her hand on to stop herself from laughing, “Sure, but Amber would appreciate it more if you ask her face to face.”

“Please give her the note,” Joon begged them. “She will understand when she reads it. Please make sure that no one else read it.”

“Ok,” Krystal said as she got up to leave the room; still holding onto Sulli’s hand. “We will do that.”

“Sulli, I’ll see you tomorrow then to take about the foods and beverages for the ball,” Joon yelled after the two girls.

“Yes, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Sulli yelled back at him.

After the two girls left his office Joon let out a big long sigh, “I hope she says yes, because there’s something very important I must tell her; something that would involve the people that she hangs around with, such as her cousins and step sister.”



[][][][][]


“Donghae, why in the world would you go and make that kind of promise with Minho,” Jessica asked him.

Donghae shrugged, “I want Amber to be safe in the human world. That’s the best idea that came to my mind at that time.”

Jessica walked over and sat next to him, “You know that nothing good will come out of that promise that you made with him right?” 

“Well, he will just be reinstated as an angel again,” Donghae smiled at her.

Jessica shook her head from side to side, “I’m talking about Amber. She will start to remember him and he will start to remember her. All your effort to separate them in the first place will be in vein.”

“I guess I have to sacrifice something to make sure she is safe,” Donghae sighed. 

“But she might dislike you for doing so,” Jessica passed him a glass of juice.

“Thank you,” Donghae took the glass and drank all the juice. “Amber will not dislike me for doing so because her heart is too gentle. She maybe mad at me for a while, but she will forgive me.”

“Are you sure about that?” Jessica asked him. 

“Yes, I sure about that,” Donghae smiled nervously back at her. 

“Well, I hope everything goes well for you,” Jessica smiled back at him. “Krystal is asking me to tell her about that important angel of Amber’s that was killed by Lucifer.” 

“We can’t lie but we can divert from the truth, so please don’t tell her anything for now,” Donghae said as he got up. “Anyway I better get back to that school to check up on Amber.”

“Have a safe trip,” Jessica took the glass back from him. “Let me know if you need any help.”

Donghae disappeared leaving Jessica standing there alone.

“I hope he’s prepared for what to come,” Jessica looked up at the sky. “The storm is coming Donghae and I see this ending badly. Plus I see this involving my precious sister, Krystal.”



[][][][][]



HELLO~ ANOTHER UPDATE ^^
PLEASE COMMENT