XVIII

Angels and Demons

Key stood silence still as a tree, as he watched Amber. They way she dressed tonight made her stood out in the crowd. Her long silky white pants and the long white vest looked so great on her. Even with the jewelled white feather mask Key could easily picked her out from the crowd. A smiled started to form on his face. He had used his power and created a force field between him and Amber. The forced field prevented Amber from seeing him; it also prevented her from seeing the rest of the angels and Minho, who are standing by the table waiting for her. She kept turning around to look behind her. She must have felt his presence, but he is waited - waited right time to appear in front of her. 

The forced field that he created also affected the others – his own friends – but that does not matter to him right now. He watched as they started to panic, as they can no longer see Amber. He saw Minho’s panic-stricken face; it made his day. His smiled widen. It was odd, how he felt toward Minho. He should trust him like before, but the devil inside him had taken over. He is a demon after-all; he should not be compassionate towards Minho or anyone else. Whatever he wanted, he must have and he wanted Amber. He did not care what he had to do to make her belong only to him. Even if that meant he had to kill Minho or anyone that might stand in his way.

She turned again, but this time she was searching for her friends at the table. She tried to call the bartender, but he ignored her. He snapped his middle finger and thumb together and the forced field between Amber and him disappeared. 

He heard a voice inside his head, “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Nonetheless, he ignored it. This fathom voiced had been tormenting him since they day he decided to worked with the Nephilim. It warned him. Telling him that the path he took would not end well for anyone – not even him.

He walked up to her and put on the best smiled he could, “May I have this dance?” She turned around to face him and casted a wary looked at him. He realized that she did not recognize him. “Good, this will make everything easier,” he thought. 

She looked past him toward the table where all of her friends are running searching for her. However, the image that she saw instead of the chaos was them sitting at the table enjoying themselves. She walked away from him, but he snapped his fingers again. Two large, tall young men appeared. They towered over Amber and Key. Loomed over them like a huge dark storm clouds. They are the lower ranked Nephilim. They were ordered by Heechul to work for Key. She scrutinized the two of them with her big beautiful eyes. He can see the irritation in those beautiful eyes of hers. 

“Now, now,” he walked closer to her, but kept his distance. “I politely asked for a dance, but you didn’t reply and you are trying to walk away from me. That is just impolite.”

She looked right in his eyes as she tried to study his identity. A masquerade was perfect for his plan. Since she cannot see his face, she would not know that he worked with the Nephilim. He would win her heart when everything ended. 

Her eyes searched for her friends within the tent, but this time around, she could no longer see them at the table. She finally looked back at him, “What do you want?” 

He smirked, “I already told you want I wanted.” He knew that he was pushing her buttons, but it was fun to toy with her feelings.

From the first day that they met on that rooftop, she had been prudent toward the demons, but she was extremely cautions around him. She trusted him the lease. However, once during a class – the human called it physical education – he had fallen and she came over to help him. It was unexpected, but he remember every detailed of that moment. He remembered length of her eyelashes, her smell, the colour of her hair, her long slender fingers, her soft pink cheeks, her almond shaped eyes, and her warm breath on his face. He also thought that he saw her smiled, but that might have been his imagination. That was when everything started. Since that day, Amber ran through his mine – when he was awake and in his sleep – constantly. 

All of that was threaten by Minho, his trusted friend. Could he even call Minho a friend anymore? Minho betrayed him. Minho told him a different story about his past, how he became a demon. However, Key felt more angered toward Minho when Amber smiled for him, when she held his hand, when she hugged him and when she let him kissed her.. He must eliminate Minho. He must annihilate his enemy in love. 

She looked at him with distaste and walked away from him again, but the two large Nephilim stopped her. She looked up at them, “I have to go find my friends.”

“You don’t have to worry about your friends,” he said as he inched closer to her and at the two Nephilim. “Am I right boys?” They smirked and nodded back at him.

For a split second, he thought he saw fear in her eyes, but if there was any fear it quickly vanished. She reached over for his arm and placed her hand on it, “I will go with you, but if you harm any of my friends I would kill you.” Her threat pierced through his heart. 

He led her toward the dance floor, but instead of stopping, he continued toward the forest that is located in the back of the school. His two Nephilim minions walked behind them. Silence hung between them. She was so close to him. Her smell was intoxicating for him. He felt his stomach fluttered every time the wind blowed her hair and smell toward him. He could be lost in this dreamland forever, but he must complete his task and then he can have her until the end of time.

They stopped in front of a gigantic, ancient tree in the heart of the forest. It would have taken over thirty people to wrap the arms around the tree. At the trunk of the tree was a fair size opening. It opening can fit in two average size people in at a time. Amber removed her hand from his arm and stared at the tree. Her eyes seem to be changing colour. Golden aura seems to be surrounding her. He took his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders. That was his first mistake. He had forgotten that he was unable to touch her. The thunder roared. She looked up at the sky and then back at him. She knew then that he was one of the demons. 

As agile as a feline she moved her hand toward him and snatched the masked from his face, “You!” She screamed at him. He covered his face. 

She reached into her pocket for a small pouch, but before she could do anything the two Nephilim jumped on her. She kicked at one and punched the other right in the eye. However, she was still in her human form and she does not have her full power. She was still weak against the Nephilim with their half angel power. Key had to save her. He used his power and hurled an illuminating ball toward the Nephilim. The ball stunned them and knocked them unconscious.

He ran over to Amber side, but she jumped up and kicked him in the stomach. She started to run away, which caused him to send the illuminating ball after her. It hit her right in the middle of her back. She had fallen to ground. 

He walked over to her and stood inches from her, as she slowly pulled herself up and stared back at him with bewilderment, “You ... you didn’t take the potion?” He shook his head from side to side. 

“How can you betray your friends?” she was repulsed. “They trusted you. I started to trust you. How can you do this to us?”

He smiled sadly at her, “I did this ... for you.”

“You are doing this for me?” 

“I know what is best for you.”

“You do?!”

“I know that Minho is no good for you.”

“And who is?” Amber snickered. “Are you telling me that it’s you?” With every word that came out of , he felt the venom in them. It hurt, but he believed – liked Heechul told him – that she will finally understand and when this all ended she would only have eyes for him. 

He ran his hand through his hair, “You will see. In time you will see that I’m better than him.” 

She laughed at him now. A laugh that was full of loathing, “You don’t understand do you?”

“What do you mean? What don't I understand?”

“I don’t need to explain anything to you demon ...” but before she could finished her sentence Kevin, one of Heechul’s little minion appeared out of thin air. He surprised both Amber and Key. He punched Amber – hard – in the stomach and knocked her unconscious. Then he hit Key with some kind of red illuminating ball that caused him to lose controlled and fell backward. Kevin smiled a wicked smiled at Key before he leaped into the hole in the gigantic tree with Amber over his shoulder. 

Key slowly got up and tried to follow them, but before he could, Joon and Minho appeared in front of him. 
Minho ran toward Key, but Joon put an arm in front of Minho and stopped him, “Where is Amber, demon?”

Minho looked confused as he looked between Joon and Key, “Joon, Key is on our side. Why are you talking to him like that?”

Joon smirked, “He is not on our side, Minho. He is working for them and he helped them obtained Amber. Now tell me demon, where is Amber!” Joon demanded as he walked closer to Key.

Minho looked at Key, “Explain to him Key that you are not working for Heechul and Tiffany”

Key smirked and conjured up a large one-hand, black steel sword. He expanded his large black, velvet wings from his back. He grew over ten feet high, larger and black aura surrounded him, as he shed his human form, “I want Amber.” He simply said. “She must belong to me and you are standing in my way, Minho.”

With his large sword in hand, he stalked toward Minho. Minho quickly turned to Joon, “Go tell the others. I will deal with him.”

“But you don’t have your full power because of the potion Sulli gave to you,” Joon said worried. 

Minho smiled, “I will be fine here. I know him well enough. Just go!”

Joon reluctantly nodded as he walked into a shadow and disappeared. 

Key laughed, “Good now I don’t have anyone here to interfere when I finished you off.”

Minho conjured up his claymore; a two-handed large long sword. The cross-hilt with down slopping arms was in a shape of feathers and its pommel was in a shape of a lion’s head. However, he was unable to transformed himself into a full fledge demon. He felt the vile of potion that Sulli had given to him earlier against his chest, but he would not use it now. He somehow must deal with Key without his full power, “If you know where Amber is we should go after her and not stand here wasting time.”

Key stopped a few inches from Minho, “I’m not wasting time. I’m getting rid of my main of my obstacle.” He ran at Minho. The sound of metal clashing resonated throughout the forest. 



============
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE : I MADE SOME CHANGES, HENCE THE UPDATED CHAPTER. PLEASE RE-READ AGAIN.