XX

Angels and Demons

SM The Ballad - Miss You

http://youtu.be/DeXQvSKbgtM 

 

Krystal ran alongside Sulli as they rushed to Amber’s aid. Somewhere deep in the forest – which surrounded the school – they held her captive. They searched for the large tree that Xander had mentioned but they still could not find it, “Sulli, does everyone have their power back?”

Sulli nodded, “Yes, apart from Minho and ... Amber.”

“Minho doesn’t have his powers back? Didn’t you give him a vial of potion as well?”Krystal placed her hands on her hips as she looked around the forest. “And Amber, what about her?”

“I gave the vial to Minho, but his potion is different from ours. That vial was given to me by Donghae.” Sulli had a sadden look in her eyes. “As for Amber, I gave her a vial too, but it seems that she didn’t have a chance to drink it.”

Krystal straightened up as she walked closer to Sulli, “Donghae gave that vial to you? Why?”

“The potion will return him to his previous condition.”

“You mean ...”

“Yes, it will reinstate him into an archangel.”

Krystal gasped, “But that could – “

“Kill him,” Sulli finished her sentence. “If he can’t control the powers that returns to him; it will destroy him.”

The sound of footsteps alerted them. Krystal quickly turned towards the source of the sound and drew out her sword. She lowered it down to her side when she saw Luna, Taemin, Jonghyun, and Tiffany; who smirked madly at all of them. “Why did you drag her along?” Sulli asked as she frowned at them.

“Well, because she knows the location,” Luna tossed the grinning woman at the floor. 

“But I think she went mad, because all she’d been doing is smiling crazily like that,” Taemin said. 

“What are we going to do with her then?” Sulli asked as she looked down at Tiffany. 

Krystal strode towards Tiffany, as a rope appeared in her hands, “Tie her up to a tree and place a barrier around her. She wouldn’t be able to escape and no one would be able to help her.”

They helped Krystal tie Tiffany up to a tree and placed the barrier around her. Tiffany laughed madly at them as they walked away from her. She felt that she had failed her family. The enemy captured her. Bounded to the tree, her sanity escaped her. 



[*][*][*]


“Stop pacing around. You’re making me dizzy,” Jessica’s eyes followed Donghae’s steps as he walked back and forth across their room. 

Donghae ran his hand down the back of his neck, “Why are we not allowed to help them? Moreover, help her!”
Jessica sighed as she saw a single drop of tear roll down his beautiful face, “We can’t do anything for them. They will be fine and he will save Amber.”

“Can he really? We don’t even know how he will react to the potion.”

Jessica got up from the small white wrought iron bench and walked over to Donghae. She faced his back and wrapped her tiny arms around his waist, “The almighty has a plan. Things are set into motion ... and unfortunately – we are prohibited from aiding them on earth.” Donghae held her hands, as he turned toward her. She looked up at him and gently reached up to caress his cheek, “I know it’s hard for you, Donghae. I know how you feel. My sister is down there too, but our hands are tied – for the lack of a better analogy.”

Donghae leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, “I hope Minho can redeem himself. He must do everything to save her or he will feel my wrath.”



[*][*][*]


Amber kept looking down at Joon, his face was pale and he had been faltering between the states of consciousness and unconsciousness. She lightly tapped his face every time he seemed to fall back into his state of unconsciousness, “Stay awake, Joon. Don’t leave me here alone.” 

He had appeared to her in this dungeon, weak and bloody. He freed her from the ropes that bounded her. She remembered the vial of potion that Sulli had given her earlier. The potion would return her powers and she would be able to help him. But when she reached into her pocket, her hand came away bloody with a shard of glass sticking out of it. What is she suppose to do now? She felt helpless and she hated feeling that way. They needed to figure a way out of here, before Kevin and Hara returned for her.

She looked down at Joon – on the ground with his head on her lap – and shook him, “Wake up! We need to find a way out of here.” 

Joon slowly opened his eyes and looked up at her. He smiled at her. He was visited by a – blindingly bright with white aura – figure. Joon knew whom that person right away and he knew what he must do to help Amber. He would do anything to protect his angel. 

He reached up and brushed Amber’s cheek with his cold hand, “Lean in closer, Amber. I have something to tell you.” She hesitated, but leaned closer to him. He felt weaker by the moment and knew he had to do it quickly, “You know what Key did, right?” She nodded. He felt a sharp pain from where Tiffany had stabbed him with the sword. He winced, but continued, “Minho is out there fighting with Key right now. He and the others will come to rescue you, but before that I need to help you get your powers back.”

Amber scowled, “How? The potion Sulli gave me is ...” Joon had placed his hand behind Amber’s head and pulled her closer to him. She was stunned, as Joon placed his cold lips on hers. Blue light emitted from the two of them, pale at first, but it continued to build up into a bright indigo. 

Amber felt her strength returned to her, but she knew what Joon was doing. She tried to push him away from her, to make him stop, but he had gain some strength in the process and held her in place. She struggled against his hold. She was draining his life force. Death awaited him if he does not let her go. She took a deep breath, concentrated all her power into her hands, and pushed. Joon flew back - away from her – and fell into a heap of unconsciousness across the dungeon. 

Amber stood up. All her wounds had healed, leaving no trace on her body apart from Joon’s blood that stained her white pants. She walked over to him, squatted down next to his lifeless looking body and let out a sigh. He was breathing, but barely, “Why did you do that?” She muttered. She had formed a small white orb in her hand and brought it closer to Joon’s body, when she heard their footsteps. She looked down at Joon. All his effort would have gone to waste if they knew that her power returned. She quickly pulled him into the dark corner of the dungeon, so that they would not see him. She used her power and tied herself back up. 

They opened the door to the dungeon, grabbed her on either side and dragged her out of the dungeon. She pretended to be unconscious. As soon as I can escape, I will come back for you, Joon. She thought to herself. 
Kevin looked down at her. His gut said that there was something odd about her, but he ignored it as he and Hara dragged her to the gate – to Heechul – to free the Grigori. 


 

[*][*][*]


Key had transformed into his demon form. Large black wings sprouted from his back, dark grey aura surrounded him, and his eyes were as red as flames. Minho leaned on his sword, as he panted, still in his human form, and unable to transform. He was no match for Key. 

Key slowly approached him, as he let out a menacing laugh, “You think you can protect her in that state?”

Minho stood back up and prepared himself in a fighting stance, “I will do anything to protect her! No matter what state I am in. I would die for her if I have to. Can you do that? Are you willing to do that, Key?”

“There’s no need to sacrifice my life,” Key grimaced at him. “I will make sure that it does not need to come to that.” 

Minho sighed, “You just don’t understand do you?”

“What don’t I understand?”

“You would do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to protect the one you love,” Minho scowled. “We are wasting time by fighting right now, when we can go after Amber. You are give the Nephilims time to hurt her!” 

Key’s blood was boiling with anger now. He did not want to listen to Minho anymore and lunged at him with his sword. However, instead of Minho’s sword that parried him, it was Krystal’s sword. She glared at Key with her cold eyes, her large white wings spread wide across her back, and her body was enveloped in white – blue light, “Minho, go after Amber! I will deal with this traitor here.”

Minho nodded, ran to the hole in the tree and jumped down. Sulli cried after him, “They have the hell fire. Be careful!” She nodded to Luna, Jonghyun and Taemin, and they followed Minho. Taemin and Jonghyun glanced back at Key with sad eyes before they disappeared underneath the tree. 

Krystal smirked as she pushed Key back, “Put down your sword if you don’t want to die traitor!” Behind her Sulli had transformed into her angelic self. Large white wings spread across her back; the same white – blue aura surrounded her, and in her hand materialized a long sleek sword. 

“So it’s two against one?” Key smirked at them.”This will be fun. I get to kill two angels at once.”

He lost it, Krystal. I do not think we can reason with him any longer. Sulli sent her thoughts to Krystal.

Krystal gritted her teeth. Madness had corrupted him. What can we expect from this demon? Death is the only thing that awaits him now. She sent her thoughts back to Sulli.

Sulli nodded as she manoeuvred to stand beside Krystal, “Demon, you just don’t understand the bond between those two. Blinded by your obsession, you disregard the fact that the right thing to do is saving Amber.”

“Did you give the Halflings access to your hell fire, Demon?” Krystal spat her words with disgust at him. 

“I ...” Key had a flashed of guilt in his eyes, but it was quickly replaced by distaste. “So what if I did? Who cares what happens to the others, angels, demons, Nephilims, or humans. All I want is Amber and that is all I care about.”

Sulli and Krystal shook their heads in unison. The next thing Key saw were two swords rushing at him.