XIX

Angels and Demons

Krystal held the point of her long, silver, thin sword up against Cheondoong’s neck, “Where are the others?”

They are inside the school’s auditorium. In the distance, the faint sound of music from the ball drifted towards them. Victoria and Onew had secured the area around the ball – protecting the ‘normal’ students from any danger. This allowed Krystal, Sulli, Luna, Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin to search for Amber.

Cheondoong swallowed. Sweat ran down his face, “I told you I don’t know anything about this!”

“You’re their friend. How can you not know what they are up to?”

“I don’t!”

“Are you willing to die for your friends?” Krystal stepped closer to him. “Tell me this then ... are you one of them?”

Cheondoong walked backward, but Krystal sneered when he backed himself to the wall, “You have nowhere to go now. You better tell me or I’ll slit your throat.”

“I ... I ... I am one and I am not,” he stuttered out the answer. 

Krystal lost her patience with him. She moved her sword slightly and pricked his neck. A small amount of blood ran down the point of her sword and dropped down onto the floor, “I have no time for your game, Cheondoong. You either tell me where they are or die protecting them!”

It was dark and hard for her to see, but she noticed the colour of the blood that ran down her sword, “You’re human ...”

“I told you,” he slowly lifted his hand and tried to move her sword away from his throat, but she glared at him and he stopped. “How about you take that sword away from my throat and I can explain everything to you. I promise, I wouldn’t run.”

Krystal hesitated, but she slowly removed the sword from his throat, “If you dare do anything to cross me, you will die on the spot.”

He nodded, as he placed his hand around his neck where she had cut him. His hand came away red with blood. He heard a tear and turned towards Krystal. She had ripped the bottom of her white dress off and handed him the long piece of cloth, “Thanks.”

“I just don’t want you to bleed to death before I get all the information out of you,” she said as she walked closer to him. She gripped her sword tightly. “Tell me your story, human and I might spare your life.”



[*][*][*]




Jonghyun had his foot on Xander’s back while Sulli tied him up. Xander struggled, but Jonghyun just increased the pressure of the foot that he had on him, “Don’t you dare. If you want to live you would co-operate with us.” 

They were standing in the middle of the cafeteria. Tables were scattered all over the place. There we glass shards everywhere. It looked like a tornado had just gone through that area. The three of them looked as bad as the room. Jonghyun had a huge gashed on his left arm; about one foot long, dark red-black blood trickled out of his wound slowly. Sulli’s white dress covered with dark blue and red-black blood, but there weren’t any bruises or cuts on her body.

Xander was the worst out of all of them. Dark blue blood dripped from his head, a cut lip – that had swelled up, and gashes all over his body. 

Sulli and Jonghyun yanked Xander up from the ground. Jonghyun held him in place as Sulli walked in front of him. She placed her finger under his chin and lifted it up so that he faced her. She pulled out a small dagger and dragged the sharp point of the cold metal along Xander’s face. Once Sulli pulled the dagger away from his face a line of blood – dark blue in colour – appeared on his face. Sulli grimaced at the sight of his blood, “So Nephilim, if you do not want to die, tell me where Amber is.”

Xander spat at her, “Your little friend will be sacrifice to let the Grigori out and you can’t do anything about it.”

Jonghyun kicked him, hard, at the back of his knee, which caused him to go down onto one knee, “You better speak up and tell us where she is or I will make an example out of you.” He threatened him as he pulled out his long hand and a half sword, from his back. The light that shone through the window reflected off the sword right into Xander’s eyes. 

However, Jonghyun’s threats did not faze him. He scrunched up his eyes and glared at Sulli, “Your threats means nothing to me.” 

“Don’t test my patience, Halfling,” Sulli said coldly as she placed her dagger right underneath his chin. “Just one upward and you’re dead.”

Xander snickered, “You think I’m afraid to die? Do you think I believe your threats, angel?” He emphasized on the word, Angel.

“She might not, but I will,” Jonghyun revealed his intention. “So you better speak up and tell us where she is. I do not think you are willing to die for your friends. They left you here to fend for yourself.” 

Xander’s eyes changed. Before it was full of confidence, but now fear had taken its place. Sulli noticed and smirked, “Awww ... you poor thing. Now you realize that you mean nothing to those you considered family.”

Xander tried to shrug Jonghyun off him, but instead Jonghyun tightened his hold, “You’re not going anywhere.” Jonghyun snickered into his ear. 

“Fine,” Xander sighed and hung his head low, “I will tell you where she is, but I want you to promise me, Angel.”

“What is it?”

“Promise that you will not kill me ... no matter what,” Xander said.

Sulli looked over at Jonghyun, and he winked at her. She grinned, “Sure, I wouldn’t kill you no matter what. Now tell me where she is.”

Xander looked at her in the eyes, “Somewhere in the forest behind the school. There is this big ancient tree; she should be there somewhere. That is all I know, now can you let me go?”

Jonghyun snickered, “Thanks, but I didn’t make any promises. Therefore, I can kill you if I wanted to.”

Xander eyes widen. He tried to turn his head to look at Jonghyun next to him, but he winced. He had forgotten that Sulli still had her dagger under his chin. He stabbed himself when he turned his head. 

“Oops ... sorry,” Sulli pulled the dagger away from him. Dark blue blood ran down his neck. Sulli cleaned her dagger on his shirt. “It’s just a small cut.”

“This one is not,” Jonghyun said as he plunged his sword through Xander’s back. The sword came out the other side, blue blood dripped from its tip. Xander’s mouth hung open; eyes bulged out of its socket. Bright blue light emitted from his body. He looked transparent. Sulli and Jonghyun stepped away from him and ran for the door. As soon as they closed the door of the cafeteria, Xander exploded into a ball of blue flame. Then, there was nothing there, but ashes and smoke. 

Jonghyun sighed, “I had to kill him.”

Sulli patted him on the back, “I know ... if we didn’t he would have turned around and killed us instead.”

“I’ll go get Krystal,” Sulli ran towards the auditorium. “You go find Taemin and Luna. Meet us at the location.”

Jonghyun nodded as he ran in the opposite direction.

[*][*][*]




Joon stepped out from the shadows. He saw Krystal and Cheondoong at the other end of the auditorium and stalked toward them. He snapped his fingers; Kyuhyun and Seohyun appeared behind him, “Take Cheondoong back to the ball. Have Victoria and Onew watch him closely. Meet me in the forest once you are done.” 

They nodded and walked up toward Cheondoong. Each one stood on either side of him, grabbed his arm and vanished. Krystal looked up at Joon, “Where did they take him?”

“They took him to Victoria and Onew. He is still one of my kind, although he is human. He didn’t want to do what he was told to do, but if he wanted to survive in our world he must obey.”

Krystal nodded, “Yeah, after talking to him ...”

Sulli burst through the door, “We know where she is!”

Joon and Krystal turned their heads in Sulli’s direction. Joon walked toward her, “I know, that’s what I wanted to tell you.”

Krystal grabbed Sulli’s hand and ran out the door, “Let’s go! What are we waiting for?”

Joon stood still, “You guys go. I have to find Heechul, Hara and Tiffany. I am not sure if they are where Amber is or not, but I will try to stall them for as long as I can. Now hurry!”

Joon stood there as he watched Krystal and Sulli dash out the door. He ran his hand through his hair and stepped back into the shadows. 

[*][*][*]




Luna stood back to back with Taemin. Her – one handed – short sword in her right hand and a wing shape shield in the other, “Tiffany is human, so she can’t hurt us much, but Hara ...” Luna whispered to Taemin.

He nodded, “She’s a feisty little one. I’ll go for her and you ...”

“I’ll take Tiffany.” 

The two nodded at each other and ran in opposite directions toward their opponents. Their wings sprouted from their backs. Luna’s white wings shone its bright white lights across half of the room and Taemin’s black wings swallowed any light in the other half of the room. 

Taemin brought his long, black metal, thin sword down on Hara. She parried it without any effort. A sly smiled was on her face and motioned for him to come toward her, “Come at me, Demon!” 

Taemin kissed his teeth, “Tsk ... I’m not in my full form, but I can still fight you Halfling.” 

“Prove it,” Hara ran at him, but Taemin jumped and landed behind her. He quickly grabbed her arm with his free hand, but she was just as quick and plunged her sword into Taemin’s stomach. Taemin let go of her and held the area where he was stabbed. His black-red blood seeped through his fingers. Hara took this chance and jumped out of the window. 

“Shoot! She got away!” Taemin moved towards the window, but Luna grabbed his arm and pulled him back. While he was fighting Hara, Luna had captured Tiffany. Her hands and feet were bonded with ropes. 

“Let her go ... for now,” Luna said as she pushed Taemin down to the ground. “Let me look at your wound. Her blade – I think it have some type of poison on it.”

Luna moved Taemin’s hand away from his wound and he winced as she did so. It had not stopped bleeding. Luna helped him removed his jacket and his shirt so that she can see his wound better. The skin around his wound looked burned, instead of healing. Luna placed her hand on his wound and a ball of white light formed around her hand and his wound, “This should help. She used the hell fire on you, or so it seem.”

“Hell fire! How can she get her hand on that?”

“I don’t know.”

“Only demons can have access to the hell fire ... Key?”

“I don’t think it’s Key ... but then again I’m not sure. We have to tell the others,” Luna removed her hand from his wound. The skin had came together, but it still left a huge scar where the stab was. “That’s the best I could do for now.”

Taemin grabbed the window ledge as he pulled himself up from the ground, “Thanks.” 

They were so deep in conversation that they had forgotten about Tiffany. She had somehow managed to escape from Luna’s ropes. With her short sword in hand, she ran toward Luna, but before she could plunged the sword into Luna’s back Joon appeared out of thin air and took the sword right in his stomach. Taemin pulled Luna behind him as he stood with his sword pointed at Tiffany. 

Luna gasped, “Joon!” 

Tiffany stared at Joon with shock, “Why?!”

Joon smiled back at her and grabbed onto the sharp sword with his hands. The sword cut his palms as the dark blue blood dripped from his hand, he kicked Tiffany to the ground and pulled the sword away from her, “I’m ... fine ... get her ... and go meet the others in the forest.” He fell to his knees. 
Luna hesitated but ran to Tiffany and tied her up again. Taemin walked to Joon and was helping him up, but Joon slapped his hands away, “Go! Hurry before something bad happens to Amber. I will ... be fine. Go!”

Taemin and Luna looked back at Joon, as the two of them reluctantly dragged Tiffany out of the room.
Once they left, Joon pulled the sword from his stomach. Blood spilled out from his wound, as he coughed. He slowly pulled himself toward the shadows. He reached for something - an illusion – as he muttered, “Amber ...” Once in the shadows, he vanished.

=====