XIV

Angels and Demons

 

『CHAPTER 14』




[LEGEND OF THE GRIGORI – THE WATCHERS]



“In those days when all the children of man had multiplied, it happened that there were born unto them beautiful daughters. And the angels, the children of Heaven, saw them and desired them; and they said to one another, ‘Come, let us choose wives for ourselves from among the daughters of man and beget us children.’” – The Book of 1 Enoch 6:1 -2



『H』eaven dispatched a fleet of two hundred angels called ‘Watchers’ or ‘Grigori’ to monitor the activities of the almighty’s creations.

The Grigori moved among the human unseen, living quietly in the shadows, hiding in mountains, taking shelter where humanity would not find or notice them.

They lived quietly in the outer regions of human activity, dutifully observing the ways of the human beings. Then they fell in love with humans. Even thought heaven had forbidden the union between humans and angels; they followed their heart. 

Soon after, children from the union between humans and angels were born. Nephilim, was the name given to these children. 

The Grigori loved their children. They taught them the art of angels, which were astrology, divination, herb craft, magic and war. 

The Grigori were angels and they were pure at heart, but their children were not. Some of the Nephilim became greedy. They took over human land and claimed themselves as a higher being. 

The almighty saw these and knew that he had to destroy them. The great flood was the result of this. Nonetheless, some of the Nephilim survived the great flood. 

The Grigori were imprisoned between Heaven and the Underworld; never to return to Paradise they used to call home. They waited for their children to save them, but their children never came. 

The Nephilim did not know their location.

In the darkness, torn from Heaven and Earth, the Grigori waited for the day that they would be released.



[-][-][-]


"You're going to disobey the order?" Hara held the man by his throat. This petite, innocent looking girl was suffocating the man with only one hand.

“Hara let the Anakim go,” Heechul turned his chair around to face Hara and the man. 

“But,” she turned to look at Heechul, but did not let go of the man’s throat. 

“Just let him go, Hara” Heechul sighed. “Why are you so irritated today?”

Hara let go of the man. Instead of running away, the man bowed at Hara and retreated to the dark corner of the room.

He is an Anakim, the lesser Nephilim - born between Nephilim and human. To Hara and Heechul who are pure blood - direct descendent of the Grigori and human; they consider the Anakim to be subservient. 

Hara sat down in the chair across the table from Heechul, “He wants to go to the ball with that human girl.”

“What human girl?” Heechul looked at the man in the corner of the room. “Two green tea, Kyuhyun.” 

Kyuhyun stepped out from the shadow with two steaming cups of tea in his hands. He placed it down on the table, one cup in front of Heechul and the other in front of Hara. He then returned to the shadow.

“The one that looks like a boy,” Hara lifted the teacup and took a sip. “We thought that she was one of them until Kevin accidentally hurt her this morning, which provided evidence that she’s neither an angel nor a demon.” 

“Who wants to take her to the ball?” Heechul patted the kitten that suddenly jumped into his desk. 

Hara slapped her hand on his desk, which caused the kitten to hiss at her and jump off the desk, “Joon of course, Lee Joon. His family are the only Nephilistic family that have no blood relation to our family.” 

Heechul smiled at Hara, “My little sister is jealous of a human?” 

A dark cloaked figure stepped out from the shadow before Hara can yell back at Heechul for teasing her. Heechul looked at Kyuhyun, “Leave us.” Kyuhyun bowed and left the room without a word. 

Heechul and Hara stood up and bowed at the cloaked figure. The cloaked figure motioned for them to sit back down, “Have you found the entrance to the prison yet?”

“No sir, unfortunately not yet,” Heechul answered. 

“The two of you need to hurry up and find it,” the figure was irritated. “We elders are getting weaker and weaker each day; the future of our race rest on your shoulders.” 

“We had opened all the gates that link Heaven and Hell, but none led us to the correct prison,” Hara answered nervously back at the figure. 

“We believe that the gate at this school is the gate to the prison that is holding the Grigori – our ancestor – captive,” Heechul said. “We are searching for the entrance as fast as possible. I know the importance of this task that the elders had entrusted to us. We will not let you and our race down.”

“I’m holding you to that, Heechul,” the figure said before it disappeared into thin air. 

“We need to hurry and find the entrance and get rid of the angels and demons in our way,” Heechul said as he walked toward his window, which gave him the view of the field where the students are practicing for the Sport Week. 

Hara stood up and walked toward the door, “I’ll go tell the others to start with the plan. We will get rid of the obstructions first.” 




[-][-][-]


Joon stood at the edge of the field watching his team practicing when he felt someone standing behind him.

“How long have you been standing there, Kyuhyun?” he asked but did not turned back to look at Kyuhyun.

“For awhile,” Kyuhyun answered. “They are starting to make their moves again. One of the elders visited them today.”

“I need to talk to Amber as soon as possible then,” Joon said calmly. “She hasn’t received my letter yet.” 

“Are you sure that she is an angel? Even after the incident this morning,” Kyuhyun asked. “Anyway, I overheard the two girls talk. They said they are going to give the letter to her at lunch.” 

“Thanks Kyuhyun, you’re the only friend I could trust in this crazy world of our,” Joon said as he walked back toward his team. 

Kyuhyun watched as Joon walked away, “Our world is not crazy my friend, it’s dangerous. I don’t understand why you are risking your life for someone that looks like your saviour.” 

“He’s intrigue by her angelic aura,” a beautiful girl walked out from behind the bushes. Her raven coloured hair hung to the middle of her back. She smiled at Kyuhyun. “Or maybe he fell in love. The Nephilim have a lot of the Grigori’s blood. They tend to be attracted to things that are linked with Paradise. As Anakim, we are more human; therefore, it does not affect us. ”

“Take care of him for me, Seohyun. I need to get back before Heechul realizes that I’m not there,” Kyuhyun leaned over and kissed her on the forehead before he walked off towards the main school building.

“Don’t worry. He’s technically my master – I have to take care of him anyway,” Seohyun said before she disappeared back into the bushes.



=========

Hopefully this doesn't confuse anyone.