Fight over you (Pt. 3)

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

 

Chapter 8: Fight Over You (Pt. 3)

 

“So Hyun-ssi, have you finished the bouquet for the order already?”

“Ne, I made five sets.”

“What are you saying? It’s supposed to be six!”

“Eh? I…I’ll make that right away!” I stopped cleaning the store front and started making a bouquet hurriedly. I worked part-time two days a week at this little florist at the street corner.

“Aren’t you even going to count? Geez, I’d like to see your parents’ faces.”

“Joesonghabnida…”

*I…I definitely can’t let the manager see them!* The truth was that this florist was funded by the Lee group. I found out after I was employed, so that I could hide the fact that I was part of the Lee family, I worked under my mother’s maiden name.

*If manager knew the truth, he wouldn’t be so strict with me…*

 

“Yaaah, a customer’s here. Go and see what they want.”

“Ah, ne!”

*But it might be nice if he were a little nicer to me…* 

 

When I came to the shop front, I saw a young customer looking at potted plants.

“Welcome! What are you looking…? Eh?”

“Hmm?” When the customer turned around, I saw that he was Jin Young.

“Jin…Jin Young oppa?!!”

“Eh? So Hyun ah, why are you here?”

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

“N…not at all!” So as to avoid my manager’s eyes, I brought Jin Young to the edges of the store.

 

“Yah…What are you doing…?”

“Same to you, So Hyun ah. What are you doing? Could it be that you’re working here?”

“I…I am…”

“Ah, I see. This is one of the Lee chain stores, so your appa let you kill sometime by working here.”

“A…aniya! I’ve kept it a secret that I’m part of the Lee family!”

“I see, I see…” After listening to that, Jin Young smiled innocently.

That was a sign that a fire had been lit in Jin Young’s mischievous heart…

 

Suddenly, Jin Young knocked over a bucket with flowers arranged in it onto his foot.

“Y…yah! What are you…”

“Yah! What’s up with this store?”

“Mwoh…?”


 

Jin Young suddenly shouted in a loud voice. When he did, manager, who had been in the back, rushed out.

“W…what happened?”

“Yah, old man! Have you taught your employees properly? What are you going to do about this?” Jin Young showed his foot, which he had soaked himself.

“T…this is…?”

“This girl here did it.”

“Mwoh? What are you saying? You did that yourself…” I looked at Jin Young since I didn’t understand, and for a moment, he showed me a mischievous smile.

*Could it be…? He couldn’t be planning to reveal who I am…*

 

“Yah! What’s with how you’re talking to the customer? I sincerely apologize! I’ll bring a towel immediately…”

“It’s not something that can just be wiped off. These shoes and pants are seriously expensive. You can’t buy them with your wages you know?”

“I…if that’s so, send me the cleaning bill juseyo…”

“Joesonghaeyo, but I’ve not poor enough to be pleased about loose change.”

“T…then, otoke…?”

“Well, anyway, lend me that girl.”

“Eh…?”

“I’ll teach her properly for you.” At that moment, manager’s mood did a complete about-face.

“Yah, kid. Getting arrogant just cause I was being nice! Who do you think you are?”

“Eh?”

*Ah…manager-nim got mad…*

“Like you said, there’s no need for cheap clothes like that, but what do you mean, asking me to lend you my important employee?” Even Jin Young was taken aback by manager, who was talking on and on.

*Hehe. He’s found a match in his mischief-making.*

“Bring it on. If you’re going to say that much, I’m going to be serious too.”

“Eh?”


 

“Oh! So the kid is gonna be honest,huh? Interesting. What’re you going to show me?”

“This.” Jin Young casually took a black card out of his pocket and  it in front of manager.

“Huh? What about this card?”

“Maybe the common people haven’t seen it before, but this is called a black card.”

“Black card…?”

“Basically, this credit card doesn’t have a limit. In other words, it’s a card that can buy anything, whethet it’s ten million dollars or a hundred million!”

“A…a hundred million…?”

“I’ll buy this store off of you with this card. This is me being serious.”

“Yah…”

“With that, I’ll be the owner here. An owner can teach his employees however he wants, right?”

“Pabo…You can’t do something like that…”

“Then, try contacting the credit card company. They should explain it to you properly. That is, the process which a common person goes through to hand over a store to the rich.” Jin Young was obviously running widely because he was unexpectly opposed. However, manager was also getting cold feet because of Jin Young’s bizzare self-confidence and the unit of one hundred million.

*I…if it’s like this, I’ll have to tell manager-nim the truth and make Jin Young leave…*

 

“What’s the fuss?”

“Eh? Ah…” When I looked up, my brother was there with a doubtful expression on his face.

“Crap…”


 

"Y…y…you’re…the Lee president’s…” After looking around to ascertain the situation, my brother suddenly smiled.

“Hoho…So the son of B1A4 Data wants to take over a store of the Lee group.”

“B…B1A4 Data? So that card earlier was r…real?”

“Proprietor, how much did he say he would acquire the store for?”

“Eh? Er, well…”

“One hundred million!”

“One hundred million…That’s a pretty daring proposal!”

“But that amount includes this employee!” Jin Young wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me over while glaring at my brother.

*Oppa will refuse, but my true identity will be revealed…I won’t be able to work at this store anymore…*

“I see. That’s not a bad negotiation.”

“Eh?”

“Alright! Then, from now on, I’m the owner! I’m closing up shop, so go home!”

“Only…for the hundred million to be accepted, the B1A4 president will have to be consulted as well.”

“T…this hasn’t got anything to do with appa, right…?”

“Isn’t that your appa’s card? Though I don’t think the B1A4 president, who’s a reliable businessman, will accept this transaction…”

“Crap…”

“If you still want this store under that condition, then come to our head office at once. We’ll start discussions right away.”

“Whatever! I don’t want this store anyway!” After Jin Young let go of me, he kicked the bucket he had knocked over and ran off.

 

“Jjinja…B1A4’s prosperity doesn’t seem like it’ll last long…”

“U…um…”

“That was a  of bad luck. However, I don’t believe he’ll come by again.”

“A…ah…”


 

My brother looked from my pale-faced manager to me.

“Ah…”

*Otoke? No matter what I say, it’ll be revealed that we’re siblings…* I couldn’t say anything. All I could do was look at my brother.

“W…what are you doing? H…hurry up and bring out tea!”

“Eh? Ah, ne!”

“No, gwaenchana, miss.”

*M…miss…?* Without saying any more than that, my brother picked up the flowers that Jin Young had scattered.

“D…don’t do that juseyo! We’ll clean it up!”

“I was just thinking I would like these flowers. Hmm…” My brother exchanged looks with me and called my attention to something without saying anything.

“Ah…Those are Persian buttercups.”

“Ne, Persian buttercups. My dongsaeng likes them.”

“I…is that so…?”

*Has oppa noticed that I was hiding who I was…?* My brother handed over the flowers he picked up to me while I was still bewildered.

“Could I have these flowers, ‘miss’?”

“Eh…ne! I’ll wrap them up right away!”

 

I was finished with work after that series of events, and I returned to the estate.

*Ha…Somehow, today was tiring in a lot of ways…* In the end, my brother didn’t reveal who I was. He bought flowers and went home. 

 

Why did oppa come to the store…? Why didn’t he get angry at me there like usual…? I still don’t understand…

*Did he look into where I was working and come to see me…? Eh?* When I entered the foyer, I saw the vase at the entrance. In it were the Persian buttercups that my brother had bought.

“Oppa…” So that I could say thank you again, I headed for my brother’s room.


 

*Why did oppa come to the shop today? But he always goes to a different florist when he gets flowers for work…* 

 

Certainly, the flower shop I was working at was a Lee chain store. Though it was a shop linked to the Lee family, nobody I knew bought flowers there. That was why I chose to work there.

 

Despite that, a great number of things happened today. Jin Young tried to buy the flower shop for one hundred million, and my brother came just in time…

*I was worried, but I’m glad nothing happened.* Manager got mad at Jin Young but deferential to my brother…It might have been a tiring day emotionally, but…

*Still, oppa…He remembered that I liked Persian buttercups.* What Jin Young did was by no means praiseworthy. However, I was really happy that oppa remembered the flower that I like.

*I like Persian buttercups because they match oppa perfectly.* In the language of flowers, Persian buttercups mean clear and sunny charm, honor and reputation. I thought all of those were perfect descriptions for my brother.

 

Knock knock.

 

A little nervous, I knocked on my brother’s door.

“Who is it?”

“It’s me, So Hyun. Can I come in?”

“Sure.” There was a short pause. Then, I heard my brother speak in a rather humorless voice.

*He doesn’t sound like he’s in a good mood…* While I was regretting that I might have come at a bad time, I opened the door.

 

When I entered, I saw my brother sitting on the sofa and looking through a bulky file. Since there were documents scattered around him too, it probably had something to do with work.

*I wonder if I’m interrupting his work…*

“What do you want?” My brother asked me that while looking at me. However, he looked back down at the file without waiting for a reply.

*As I thought, I’m bothering him when he’s busy.* I was feeling bad about that when my brother looked at me as if to prompt a reply.

“Umm...I wanted to say gomawo for today…”

“Gomawo?”

“Ne, for helping me out at the florist’s. You stopped Jin Young oppa from running wild.”

“Ah…That idiot. I feel bad for B1A4 since that sort of guy is the heir.” When my brother remembered what happened with Jin Young, he breathed a deep sigh.

“You’re lucky I was there today, but…I can’t say that same of thing that happened today won’t happen again. Shouldn’t you take this chance to seriously rethink dating that guy?” 

Certainly, Jin Young was an idiot at times, but that wasn’t all to him for me. Five years ago, oppa left for America with that misunderstanding still between us. When I was troubled about what to do, Jin Young stayed by me. Back then, there were many times when I was saved by Jin Young’s cheerfulness. That’s why I understood to get mad about today, but…I couldn’t blame Jin Young.

 

“So Hyun ah?”

“I think that if it were just me today, I wouldn’t have been able to do anything. Jin Young oppa gets carried away easily, and he’s an idiot, but…he’s good at good point too! But I’m really sorry about today. If you hadn’t just passed by, I really don’t know what would have happened…And…thank you for not telling manager-nim who I really am.” I said thanks while bowing my head slightly. Though it was tough working at the flower shop, it feels worthwhile. More than anything, I felt like I could be myself there. I was really grateful to oppa for not snatching a place like that from me.

“Just passed by, eh.” My brother closed the file he had been reading, and murmured as he looked at me.

“Oppa…?” The expression on my brother’s face was so miserable it made it hard to breathe.

*What’s up with him…?*

“Umm…oppa?”

“Ah…Well, now that you mention it, you came to say thanks, right?”

“N…ne.”

“And? What are you going to do for me?”

“Yah! Do I have to do something?”

“That’s only natural. I’m your benefactor, right? Don’t tell me you thought you would pay me back only with words?” My brother muttered as he put down the file and smiled unkindly.

*O…otoke? I didn’t think I’d be requested to do something.* I was flustered because I didn’t know what to do. My brother burst out laughing.

“Oppa?”

“I was just kidding. I didn’t actually expect anything from you.” I was relieved by my brother’s words.

*Eh?* 

 

Right then, I noticed my brother looked a little pale.

“Oppa, are you getting enough rest? You look a little pale…”

“Well, I rest enough.” My brother answered while looking away, like he was embarrassed.”

*Liar! He looks so tired.*

“Yah, is the work you’re doing now urgent?”

“Eh? Not really, but…Yah! So Hyun ah, what are you doing?” When I heard that it wasn’t urgent, I started packing up the scattered documents.

“If it’s not urgent, let’s go out for a bit.”

“Eh?”

“You should get a change of pace! Come on, let’s go!”

“Ne, araso.”

“Eh.” I was the one who invited him, but…I didn’t think oppa would actually agree.

*I was sure he’d tell me he was too busy with work…*

“As thanks for saving you…Are you going to bring me somewhere that will be a good change of pace for me?”

“Eh, d…don’t put so much pressure on me…”

“I look forward to where you’re going to bring me.” With those teasing words, my brother started preparing to head out.

*Jeez, oppa…*

 

“So? You brought me here for a change of pace?” The place I chose was an arcade.

“There are a bunch of different games here, so you it should be good for changing things up, right?” This was a big arcade, so I felt we would be able to lose track of time while playing.

“Hmm…” It might have been because my brother didn’t usually go to arcades, but he was looking around restlessly.

“Do you come to places like this often? Who do you come with?”

“Eh? N…ne, not that frequently…but with friends, I guess?” There was no way I could tell him that Jin Young was the one who told me about this place.

*That would definitely put oppa in a bad mood.*

“I see…I can’t really say this place looks very reputable.” My brother looked at the people in the arcade and sighed. Maybe it was because of the time we came, but the people in the arcade didn’t look very respectable.

“Don’t tell me you come to places like this at night.”

“Eh? A…ani, I usually come with friends around lunchtime…so there’s no reason to worry.”

“That’s fine then…Since you went out of the way to bring me here, let’s play as much as we can.” My brother patted my head lightly and smiled gently.

“N…ne! Oh, how about that? It looks like it’s been popular lately…” I was pointing at a shooting game about escaping from a town of zombies.

“Shooting at enemies with a gun-shaped controller…Is this fun?”

“I thought it was pretty fun. The zombies are famous for being scary because they’re realistic.”

“It’s famous for being scary, so it’s popular?”

“I don’t really get it.”

“It’s a game. Aren’t all games like this?” I thought you could enjoy games because they were in worlds different from the one you were in.

*I mean, I don’t think you’d really be able to enjoy games that are too realistic.*

“Hmm…that’s fine, I guess…” We played the game together.

 

“I can’t take this. I can’t take the fact that your scores are better than mine, So Hyun.” My brother’s scores for the shooting game were horrible.

“It’s cause I’ve played a lot.”

“We’re playing this again next time. I’m definitely going to beat you. Oppa, the people you have to defeat are the zombies on the screen.”

 

“Fine. I’ll pretend the enemies in the game are you.” My brother’s side profile as he sulked was kind of cute.

“Ah…” A photo booth that had ‘newest model’ written on the side of it caught my eye.

“Oppa, want to take photo stickers in that?” I asked him while pointing the photo booth. My brother thought about it for a moment.

“Why not?”

*It might be a bit strange for siblings to take photo stickers together, but I wanted to take them with oppa.*

 

“Was today a good change of pace then?” We decided to not take a car on the way back and walked home. We didn’t actually spend that much time at the arcade. However, it was really precious and fun for me. I’d be happy if my brother was fun too, but…

“Ne, it was a pretty good change of pace.”

“Oh, I’m glad then. Then I’ve said my thanks properly, but Jin Young oppa really is an idiot. I wouldn’t have been able to send him out by myself. I’m really glad you happened to come by.”

“It didn’t just happen to be there.” My brother interrupted me.

“Eh?”

“It wasn’t a coincidence that I was at the flower shop you work at.”

“But…”

“I knew that you were working at the flower shop, so I was worried about whether it was a safe place.”

“Are you saying that you thought I might have been causing trouble at the place where I work?”

“Aniya. I was worried that there’d be some suspicious employees or weird customers bothering you.”

“Oppa…” I didn’t notice that my brother was worried about me that way at all.

“I thought that the place fit you well. In other words, I wasn’t somebody who would have wealthy company.” Was he saying that wouldn’t accept it?

“I don’t mean that in a weird way. Even though you can’t be getting paid that much, you’re working as hard as you can…Plus, you hid the fact you’re a Lee…You looked dazzling when you were surrounded by flowers. Just when I thought there were no suspicious guys around, that idiot came around.”

“Ah…”

“I’m going to say it again. You won’t be happy if you date him.”

 

“Eek!” I was suddenly hugged tightly. It was so sudden that I couldn’t react.

*Oppa…your heart is beating really quickly.* I could hear my brother’s heartbeat. Listening to the thumping heartbeat, I could tell my brother was nervous.

*Why is he doing this? Why is my heart beating so quickly?*

“We’re oppa and dongsaeng, right?” The same words he said to me at the amusement park came to mind, as if to reproach my heart for thumping.

*That’s right. We’re oppa and dongsaeng…It’s weird for me to be so nervous.* Even though I knew it was weird, it didn’t stop my heart from beating more quickly. 

Hearing my brother’s breathing only made my heart beat faster. Even though I knew we had to break free from the embrace, I didn’t want to…I let my brother hug me like that for a while.


 

Preview

“Oh, sorry about that, So Hyun ah. By the way, So Hyun ah, could you do a little errand for me?”

“An errand?” My father handed over a sheet from a memo pad to me.

“Ne. I can’t entrust this errand to anyone else.

 

“This isn’t just an errand. It’s related to the succession of the Lee family.”

“Eh…?”


Author's notes

Hi :) I'm sorry for not update for days again... :(

There's L.Joe and So Hyun sweet moment here~~Aigoo so sweet~~<3 XD

Today's the day of MBLAQ release 'Smoky Girl' MV!! I already watched it 4 times because it's awesome and they're hot and cool and handsome too!!<3 Haha, you think I'm crazt right? Yea, I think so. :P Anyway, their comeback showcase will start soon in a few mins, so let's get ready!! X)

I may update after the showcase, byeeeee~~~ :D