Oh No!!!

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

Chapter 18: Oh No!!!

 

We were in the waiting room of the hospital my father was brought into, and waiting for news, though we didn't know when it would come.

"I thought he was getting better little by little..."
"Ne..."
"But now he's in the ICU...It's because I did something like that..."
"Oppa..."
While we were waiting, my brother kept on blaming himself. Not just for kissing me in the garden, but for being together with me at all...

"Byung Hun oppa..." When I looked up, I saw Hyuna coming towards us with a serious face.
"Oppa, Hyuna-ssi is come to visit..."
"I'm going to get up for a bit." My brother stood up and went out to the corridor, accompanied by Hyuna.

While I watched my brother walk away listlessly, Jin Young came around, like he was just passing by.
"Jin Young oppa..."
"I heard about your appa..."
"Ne..."

Jin Young was different from usual, showing his concern for my father and for me without even joking. I was grateful, but that just made the situation feel even more serious.
"So Hyun ah, gwaenchana?"
"N...ne...Gwaenchana."
"I know you're worried about your appa, but shouldn't you rest a bit more?"
"Ne...but I'm waiting for news from the doctor, so..."
"I see...That yeoja earlier...She's Byung Hun hyung fiancée?"
"Eh...?"


"Does that person have an illness or something?"
"Illness...?"
"I saw her talking seriously with a doctor."
*Ah...Could it be about the infertility treatment...?*
"What a seriously beautiful person...Ah, I just mean in general, okay? Of course I like you more..."
*But I thought she said she was already cured...*
"Yah, you listening?"
"Eh? Ah, mianhae..."
"Mwoh? So I didn't have to rush."

A little while after that, my brother and Hyuna returned.
"So Hyun ah...Earlier sorry for not replying to your text...Aniyo, things have been very serious for you...Pardon me, but who is this?" After noticing Jin Young beside me, Hyuna asked this question. My brother already looked discouraged.
"Ah...Um..."
*Otoke...? Oppa is here...Introducing Jin Young oppa as my namja chingu in front of oppa is...*
"How do you do? Jung Jin Young ibnida. I'm dating So Hyun."
"Oh, so you're So Hyun's namja chingu. It's nice to meet you. I'm Byung Hun's...chingu, Hyuna ibnida."
"Eh? You weren't his fiancée?"
"Eh? Um..."
"Y...yah, Jin Young oppa..." I elbowed Jin Young's arm. My brother looked even more displeased.


"This isn't the place for self-introductions."
"T-that's true...Now, if you'll excuse me..." After saying that, Hyuna left the waiting room.
"Hmm? Did I say something weird?"
"Gwaen...gwanechana already, so..."
"Umm...Jin Young-ssi, right? I'm grateful that you came to visit our appa."
"Of course I would. I heard that So Hyun's appa had fainted so I rushed here."
"Just, could you go home for today?"
"Mwoh? Are you telling me to leave already?"
"Both So Hyun and I are tired. It seems like we won't be able to sleep tonight, and I don't want us to waste our energy."
"Are you saying that talking with me is a waste of energy?"
"Oh, you catch on qiuckly. That's exactly it." My brother was obviously being hostile towards Jin Young, and Jin Young didn't seem like he was going to back off either.
"Stop it, both of you!"
"I didn't do anything. This guy is the one who charged in, right?"
"This guy? Don't you know how to speak properly?"
"Give it a rest! Is this the time to be having such a childish fight?"
"A...araso...I'll go home today, but I'm only going home because I'm thinking about So Hyun!"
"Whatever. Just get going already."


"So Hyun ah, annyeong. Rest properly."
"Ne...Jin Young oppa, gomawo."
Then, Jin Young left.

"What the hell did he come to do anyway..."
"Oppa, you're being really immature..."
"So Hyun ah...I'm going to say it again. Break up with that guy. I'm not saying that as an oppa, okay?"
"Ne...I understand." After I replied, my brother sat down on the couch with a deep sigh. Then, after he sat next to me, I heard the out-of-place sound of clacking heels in the quiet hospital hallway.

"Ah, so you were here. I got a little lost."
"Omma..."
"I was sure that he would be in the private room that was used before. I didn't think that he would have been put into the intensive care unit."
"W...what are you saying? How many hours do you think it's been since appa collapsed?"
"Yah. What are you planning by coming here now?" My brother got up slowly and approached my mother.
"I'm his wife, so at least I'll come to visit him when he's ill."
"Visit, you say...? What's with your attitude when we don't know whether appa will live or die?"
"O...oppa! Don't speak so loudly..."
"Ne, this is a hospital, you know?"
"S...stop messing around..."
"You don't have to get so angry. It's bad for your health."
"Leave! You have no place here!"
"Ha...I'm really hated."


As if toward off my brother's angry, my mother sat down on one of the chairs in the waiting room. Then, she took out a cigarette case from her bag.
"Ah, I wonder if there are no ashtrays here?"
"Stop fooling around!" I took the cigarette case my mother was holding and threw it into the rubbish bin.
"What are you doing? There were still so many cigarettes in that box."
"Omma! How...how can you have an attitude like that...? Appa is in a really critical state, you know?"
"Araso. I heard the most news before I came here."
"Then why are you like this?"
"You want appa to die, right?"
"Eh..."
"If appa dies, the inheritance will fall into her lap. She can go and enjoy herself with other men brazenly...That's got to be what this yeoja is thinking."
"T...that's..."
"That's what you've been thinking since appa's health got worse, right? Ani, you must have been hoping for this ever since the wedding was decided."
"You're saying rather strong words. In your eyes, it seems I'm an uncommonly wicked woman."
"Are you saying I'm wrong?"
"I certainly may not be a good wife..."
"That's obvious."
"But...I wonder who is the reason that person is in that estate."
"Do you want to say something?"
"I saw too."
"Eh...?"
"Jjinja...Such naughty siblings. Kissing in front of appa."
"Yah..."
*T...that...Omma saw us...* My mother took out cigarettes from her bag again. In front of her, who had calmly started smoking, we couldn't say anything and just stood shock still.


Preview

"So Hyun ah, do you understand the present condition of the Lee Corp? The truth is...The Lee Corp management situation is very dangerous."
"Eh?"
"However the thread of life for the Lee family has not yet been cut. So Hyun ah, please marry me."
"Eh...?"

An unexpected proposal from Bang Min Soo...


Author's notes

OHH NOOOOO~~!!! What will going on since everyone knew it and Min Soo oppa (a.k.a. C.A.P from Teen Top) is appear?!?!

A week over...So HI again!!! New chappie is up and wait for the new chappie tomorrow!! :D

Gotta off because I have school activity tomorrow and my laptop battery is running low now, byeeee~~~!!!