Hyuna

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

 

Chapter 23: Hyuna

 

In the morning, I made preparations to go to the hospital my father was at. Though his condition was stable, I needed to prepare in case a long stay at the hospital became necessary.
*Underwear aand towels, and some books and glasses...* 

 

After packing my bag with items for my father to use at the hospital, my heart grew heavy when I thought about what was going to happen.

*At this rate, I wonder if things will go along just as omma has planned...* 

 

A few weeks had passed, but my brother didnt correct the contents of the fax. He didn't deny our marriage during press interviews. The marriage of a brother and sister unrelated by blood, and the inauguration of a young thoroughbred as the president of a large company. The Lee Corp and family was suddenly thrown into the public limelight. At the same time, good effects were starting to show in the stock prices.

 

*Regardless of how I feel, everything is advancing...*

 

I stood up after I was finished packing. When I did, there was a knock on the door, and Niel peeked inside.
"You were here, So Hyun-ssi?"
"Ne. I heard that the hospital stay would drag on...I've prepared somethings to bring to appa."
"My sympathies...So Hyun-ssi and Byung Hun-ssi have been suffering these past few days..."
"Aniyo, gwaenchana. More importantly, do you need something from me?"
"Ne. Earlier, there was news from the hospital."
"Appa's condition couldn't have...?"
"Aniyo, don't worry about the master's condition juseyo. It appears that Hyuna-ssi has fainted at the hospital."
"Eh? Hyuna-ssi has...?"
"She came to visit the master, and suddenly fainted there..."
"What's her condition?"
"Unfortunately, I don't know the details...It appears we were contacted because she had gone to visit the master."

"Hyuna-ssi..."


Hyuna had undergone an infertility treatment. Jin Young had seen Hyuna talking with a doctor. I put those two things together in my head.

*She might be suffering from some sort of illness...*

I pushed up my schedule and decided to head for the hospital. When I arrived at the hospital, I went to my father's room first. After that, I immediately went towards Hyuna, who was undergoing a detailed examination. There, I saw my brother waiting motionlessly outside the examination room.
"Oppa..."
"So Hyun ah, you came too..."
"We were contacted at the estate...Oppa, you were too?"
"Ne..."

Since that night, I hadn't really spoken with my brother at all.
*What should we talk about...?*

I decided to talk about my father first.
"Earlier, I went to see appa."
"How was he?"
"He seems like he's getting better..."
"I see...Earlier, there was an explanation from the doctor..."
"N...ne..."  The conversation stopped there, and the atmosphere felt awkward.
"Oppa?"
"It's my fault...That Hyuna is like this right now..."


With his eyes cast downward, my brother said nothing more. Then, the examination door opened and Hyuna came out in a wheelchair.
"Hyuna-ssi..."
"Oh! Both of you were here for me? I apologize for worrying you."
"Um...Your health..."
"Hehe, gwaenchana. This is just an illness from before, and I'll get better soon."
"Jjinja? I'm glad."

"Byung Hun oppa, since you're so busy, I didn't think you would come."
"Is it okay? For you to be moving already."
"Ne. I can't walk yet, but I can go anywhere as long as I'm in a wheelchair."
"I see...Then I'll go home with you." In contrast with Hyuna, who was acting so cheerful, my brother's smile looked strained.
"Eh? You'll see me home?"
"Ne." My brother pushed Hyuna's wheelchair and walked through the corridor.

"So Hyun ah, tell Niel hyung I won't be back at the estate for a while."
"Ah, ne..."
Saying that without even turning around, my brother left while pushing Hyuna in her wheelchair.
*What was that...?*

At that time, somebody who I thought was probably Hyuna's doctor came out of the examination room.
"U...um..."
"Ah, are you a relative?"
"Aniyo...I'm a chingu, but how is Hyuna-ssi's..."
"To be honest, I can only say that it's severe."
"Eh...? But Hyuna said she was fine."
"Ne, I didn't tell Hyuna-ssi about her actual condition. When I explained to her fiancée, that was what he requested."
*Oppa said he was her fianée...*
"U...um, what sort of illness is it?"
"She has a malignant tumor in her womb. She should have been in pain from that. The reason she fainted was probably from that pain."
"A m...malignant tumor...?"
"To put it simply, she has unterine cancer."


"Eh...Can it not be healed...?"
"It's possible if the womb is removed but the patient and her fiancée will discuss it, and then they will probably decide on further treatment."
"That's..."

Hyuna had, after a lot of effort, became able to have children. But after all that...to have her womb removed. There can't be anything crueler for her... I starting shaking just imagining it.

Though my father's condition was stable, we couldn't talk much. When I had done as much as I could for him and returned to the estate, my mother was waiting for me.
"Welcome back. How was he?"
"He looked better than yesterday."
"I see. That's good then. Ah, I heard from Niel-ssi that Hyuna fainted?"
"Ne...It seems like she has a considerably serious disease..."
"Oh no...What sort of disease?"
"The doctor said it was uterine cancer..."
"That's terrible. Even though she's still so young."
"Ne..."
"Ah...Come to think of it..."
"Mwoh?"
"Hyuna was pregnant before."
"Eh?"


"This was a long time ago, but I remember hearing about it from somebody."
"Was this oppa's child?"
"Ne. This was right after they went to New York."

Hyuna told me that she couldn't have children. She said she had been hiding that from my brother all along...
*That's strange...If what she told me was true, then she couldn't have been pregnant ...*

"Well, that's just a rumor I heard. More importanly, where's Byung Hun?"
"Eh? U...um..."
"I feel like he's been being distant recently, but is everything going well?"
"I can't do anything about that..."
"I said it before, didn't I? To not let go of his heart. Have you slept with him since then?"
"T...that's..."
"Well, letting him sleep with you too much isn't good either, but...Anyway, keep a firm grip on the reins. Well, he hasn't hurried to deny anything to the press, so I think we're doing well right now."
My mother said that, but I couldn't read my brother's heart. I remembered the scornful eyes he had looked at me with again. Then, there was his complete change in attitude towards Hyuna, and he had said he wouldn't be returning to the estate...I felt that all of what my brother was saying and doing didn't bode well.


Preview

"Soon, Hyuna and appa will be recognized as appa and daughter."
"Eh...?"
"What are you saying?"
"We're going to get married."
*T...that can't be...*


Author's notes

WHY THE HELL YOU LEE BYUNG HUN WANNA HURT OUR SO HYUN?!?! >3< XD

It's still me, only_xiiaoTeng, the author of this fanfic :)

From tomorrow, our co-author-nim, lulubella_0719, will started to help me to update this fanfic, since I don't want every readers want to wait me to update at least a chappie every week. She'll update on weekdays, if she has free time and I've asked her to do so. Anyway, hope she'll do well and get more supports from our precious readers. Let's welcome her again by the way!! :D

And lastly...

NO SILENT READERS JUSEYO (PLEASE)!!!

Comment, upvote, subscribe, and obviously SUPPORT.

Gotta off and quickly finish my homework now, bye~~