A Sudden Proposal

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

New character

Bang Min Soo

He's the president from Bang Industries who has the associatiion with Lee Group. He knew So Hyun for years, and So Hyun did too. Sometimes, some people may call him C.A.P instead of Min Soo.

(p/s: He appeared at the prologue before :P)

Let's welcome this new character!! He may be the one of the minor characters in this fanfic. :D


Chapter 19: A Sudden Proposal

 

The day after my father was suddenly hospitalized.

I greeted the morning in the waiting room. I hadn't even had a wink of sleep.

*In the end, there's no explanation from the doctor...*

My father's condition was unpredictable, and the doctor spent all his time and attention on him. My brother also waited for as long as he could, he relucantly went to the office.

*The situation is so dangerous it can't even be explained...*

Next to me, there was an empty can. It was the one my mother put her cigarette butts in.
*Omma...She went home right after that...*
In the end, my mother didn't accuse as any further. Still, it was obvious that she knew about our relationship.
*We were seen by omma too...After this, me and oppa...*

"Ah, so you were here."
"Ah...Doctor-nim."

I received an explanation about my father's condition from the doctor who finally appeared. The doctor chose his words carefully and told me my father was in serious condition.
"As I thought..."
"However, he's currently stable. He's gotten past the most difficult stage."
"Jjin...ja?"
"Ne. Though I don't know when he will be able to be discharged, he's in no immediate danger."
"I'm glad..."
My father was saved.

The moment I thought that, I felt my consciousness slipping away from me.
"So Hyun-ssi! So Hyun-ssi?"
"Ah...Joesonghaeyo, I hadn't slept, so I..."
"That won't do. It would be better if you returned home and rested."
"But..."
"Leave this to us and rest today juseyo."
"Ne..."
I wanted to be by my father's side. However, I decided to return to the estate.


*Appa is fine. I need to contact oppa...*
"So Hyun-ssi?"
"Eh...?"

I looked up at being suddenly called out to. When I did, I saw Min Soo walking towards me. I haven't seen his face since that night...
"Have you just returned now?"
"Ne..."
"How's your appa's condition?"
"Thanks to everyone's help, he has managed to recover."
"That's daebak! He couldn't move at all yesterday...I couldn't come straight away, but I'm relieved."
"Jeongmal kamsahabnida."
"Have you returned then, So Hyun-ssi?"
"Ne. I've come home for now and I'm thinking of going again in the evening."
"I see...Er..." Min Soo started saying something, but he looked away like he was hesitating.
"Um...what is it?"
"So Hyun-ssi...Could I have some of your time?"
"Eh? Um..."
"L...let's sit over there."

After we sat on the block of shrubbery, Min Soo continued talking like it was very difficult for him.
"So Hyun-ssi, do you understand the present condition of the Lee Corp?"
"Aniyo, I don't know anything about management."
"I see...The truth is the Lee Corp management situation is very dangerous."
"Eh?"
"The outward appearance is firm, but almost all of the divisions cannot earn a profit. It appears that only the Lee brand is managing to hold everything together."
"T...that's..."


"With the next settlement of accounts and at the general meeting of stockholders, this will become common knowledge."
"O...oppa didn't say anything about that..."
"Byung Hun-ssi is doing valiantly. No matter how much he is suffering, he doesn't show it on his face. That's a very important quality for a businessman. However, he must be fighting against unfathomable pressure within himself..." I couldn't believe what Min Soo was saying so solemnly.
"U...um....what will happen to the Lee family company from now on...?"
"It's such an immense group. It wouldn't just disappear overnight, but at the very least, the group would be cut down and the management scale reduced. It probably can't escape a reform in the management."
"By reform in the management..."
"The group that the Lee family has controlled up until now will be disassembled...It'll no longer belong to the Lee family."
"Eh..."
"There's the possibility that stockholders and other related parties will accuse the family of causing the deterioration of management. In any case, the Lee family prosperity is already...However, the thread of life for the Lee family hasn't been cut yet." The Lee family will fall. A reality I hadn't thought of ever before. I knew this was now right in front of my eyes, but I could only be dumbfounded.
"Eh...?"

Min Soo took out an envelope from his bag and gave it to me.
"This is..."
"Look at what is inside juseyo."

A very thin piece of paper was folded up inside. When I took it out, it turned out to be a marriage registration form. Min Soo's name was already written down and his seal was on it too.
"Marriage registration...?"
"So Hyun-ssi, marry me juseyo."
"Eh?"


"So Hyun-ssi, marry me juseyo."
"Eh? Are you making fun of me?"
"I'm sober right now. I'm proposing to you seriously."
"Proposing..."
"If you become my wife, I'll save the Lee family for you. I hav both the power and the resources to do it."
"But, why me...?"
"The scalding words you threw at me when you were still young, in response to what I had said rudely when I was drunk...I never forgot them."
"Ah..." At my brother's farewell party, I definitely did say something to Min Soo when he was drunk. 'If you want to sleep with me that much, please press your seal on a marriage registration' is what I said...
"There were some difficulties with the divorce, but I finally finished the preparations."
"Wait a little! This is too sudden..."
"If I marry you, I'll able to support the Lee family fully. However, more than the support I can give the Lee family, I would like you to accept my resolution." Min Soo's expression was extremely serious.

I understood that he wasn't handing over the already filled-out marriage registration as a joke. But...

"It's difficult for me to say, but I can't wait for your appa's health to recover. I need to announce the support measures I have planned for the Lee family immediately. For that reason..."
"Joe...joesonghabnida!"
"Mwoh?"
"Just let me think for a little, jebal..." I handed the marriage registration back to Min Soo and ran off with my head down.


After returning to the estate, I went to my father's study room and sat on the leather sofa.

*He said that the Lee family was in a dangerous situation...* As I thought back over Min Soo's words, I could picture something large slowly bending over. The prosperity of the Lee family that I believed would go on forever. It wasn't that I had any attachment to wealth. However, the Lee brand that my father had protected so frantically...It would be ad if that were to fade.
*I wish it were all a lie...It isn't that I doubt Min Soo-ssi, but if there were some sort of misunderstanding...*

"Oh, so you've come home."
"Ah...Omma..."
"I was contacted by the doctor earlier. He said that that person is recovering."
"Ne..."
"He has the luck of the devil. Well, if that weren't true, he wouldn't have been able to carry on the Lee family."
"U...um...omma...?"
"What is it? Why do you look pale too?"
"The truth is..." I told my mother about what I had heard from Min Soo. When I did, she laughed loudly, which was rare.
"Ahahaha! He said that? That Min Soo-ssi want to marry you? Hahaha, that's ridiculous!"
"S...so as I thought, it was a lie that the Lee family was in a dangerous situation, right?"
"Ani, it's not a lie. It's in a very dangerous situation."
"Eh...Then, why are you laughing like that?"
"It's not something a minor figure like Min Soo-ssi could do anything about."
"Eh..."
"Ah, you made me laugh for the first time in a long time, haha."
"If it's really dangerous, how can you be so calm?"
"I've been thinking about a lot of things. There's a more realistic method than depending on Min Soo-ssi."
"A more realistic method...?"
My mother, with a smile different the one before, started talking about that method.


Preview

"The truth is, we're accepting orders for redevelopment in the regional towns and cities."
"That's daebak! It sounds like a big job."
"Ne. It's a job that appa always wanted to do." My brother's eyes were bright as he talked passionately about the work that would be done from now on. However, he lets me see the documents. I found words I didn't expect...?

"On the screen earlier, it said 'Bang Industries', but..."
*Could Min Soo actually be related to this?*


Author's notes

New chappie is up and the other new chappie gonna up soon, since I have no class tomorrow so I can stay up late. :P I was download songs, play some games, on twitter with friends, dance practice while writing this chapter, so it took me so long time...Phew! Tired...

How about our new minor character, Bang Min Soo a.k.a. C.A.P??? Actually I didn't mean to choose him for this role...But I already wrote in the prologue last month and I'm lazy to change... :( Anyway, hope every readers will like this role. :)