His real mother's grave

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

 

Chapter 7: His Real Mother's Grave

 

Having woken up early in the morning, I wore a black suit and waited for that time.

“Good morning, Byung Hun-ssi.”

“Morning. Are the preparations finished?”

“Ne, without delay.”

 

When I looked from the second floor, my brother was also wearing a black suit.

*It’s just as I thought. Today is oppa’s…* Today was the anniversary of the death of my brother’s real mother. I had never gone to visit her grave even once.

*This time, I’ll go…eh?* When I went to go down the stairs, I saw my mother’s figure. She drew near my brother who looked like he was about to go out.

*For her to wake up so earlier…*

“Oh, you’re early today. Do you have important work to do?”

“Why are you playing dumb…Today is the anniversary of my omma’s death. You should know that too.”

“Ah…so that’s what it was. You’ve come to visit her grave every year, right? It must have been difficult for you to come from New York every year just to visit her grave. Though you didn’t show your face here.”

“Ne, since I didn’t want to see your face.”

“So your omma, who’s dead, is more important than me, who’s living. I wonder if you’d keep me close to your heart if I died too.”

“I’ve never once thought of you as omma.” With a cold attitude as usual, my brother went out the foyer. 

 

Choosing that timing, I went down the stairs too.

“So Hyun ah? Why are you dressed to go out too?”

“I’m going to visit the grave with oppa!”

“What are you saying? You don’t have to do such a thing!”

“I’m adult already, right? Let me do what I want!” Shaking off my mother who was trying to stop me, I rushed out of the foyer.


 

When I got on the car, my brother looked at me with a surprised face.

“Yah, what are you doing…?”

“I’m going too.”

“You’ve always been stopped, right? By that yeoja.”

“I told her to let me do what I like. Can’t I?” Though my brother was hesitating after I suddenly I’d accompany him, after thinking for a bit, he stepped on the accelerator after thinking for a bit.

 

That grave was hidden away at the end of the cemetery.

*I thought it was a larger grave…*

“It’s unexpected, right? That’s such a simple grave.”

“Eh? N…ne…”

“I asked appa a lot of times why my omma was in a different gravesite than the rest of the Lee family. Each time, he’d say that was what she wanted and say no more.”

“Then, you still don’t know the reason…”

“She was a humble person. She always put me and appa, the Lee family first, and herself second. The Lee family head couldn’t be single…She wouldn’t become an obstacle to appa’s remarriage by going into the Lee family gravesite. That might have been what my omma was thinking…”

“That’s…” When I learnt this about the personality of my brother’s mother, I sort of understood my brother’s anger. Since his real mother was such a wonderful person, it was natural that he couldn’t accept my mother…


 

“I’m back. I’ve come to visit you.” Crouching in front of the grave, my brother closed his eyes. I spoke in my heart.

*What do you think of how we’ve entered the Lee family…?* As I waited with my eyes closed for an answer that wasn’t coming, I noticed that my brother was standing up.

“Eh? Are you going back already?”

“Ne, I’ve said what I need to say.”

“Don’t you have more you want to…”

“I can speak to her ever if I’m not here.” After gently brushing the grave once, my brother started walking towards the cemetery’s entrance.

 

My brother’s face was still dark while we were returning in the car.

*As I thought, I probably shouldn’t have come…*

“What did you tell her?”

“Eh? I asked her what she thought of me and omma…”

“I see…I ask that every year too.”

“Eh?”

“Whether she’s glad that you two entered the Lee family, whether she agrees to it, my omma probably doesn’t oppose what appa decided. But…she definitely wouldn’t want the collapse of the Lee family.”

“As I thought, she probably thinks it’s unfortunate…”

 

The conversation stopped for a little while afterwards. While we both wondered to ourselves, we continued looking at the boring scenery of the highway.

“So Hyun ah…”

“Hmm…?”


 

Suddenly, my brother called my name with a gloomy voice. His profile was clouded, like he was thinking hard about something.

*As I expected, having me in the Lee family is…*

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“Mwoh?”

“I mean, you haven’t eaten anything since morning, right? So I was wondering if you were hungry.”

“W…what are you talking about that for at a time like this…?”

“If you’re hungry, you feel depressed, right? Why don’t we drop by a service area and get something to eat?” My brother slowed the car down and drove the car into a service area.

 

We stopped by a service area, which I hadn’t done in a long time. Since it was Sunday, and lunchtime, on top of that, there was a considerable amount of people.

“There’s a lot of people. Is it really a business recession?”

“Ah…It seems like this service area was introduced on TV.”

“I see. People believe without doubt that things shown on television are good. That national trait is useful…”

“Don’t think about difficult things! Come on, let’s hurry and get in.” After I pulled my brother into the building, I was surprised by how many things were being sold.

“So service area menus recently have this many options?”

“Wow, doesn’t that pizza look delicious?”

“No pizza. The car will smell.”

“Then how about baked pasta?”


 

“Since we’ve come all the way here, let’s have something a little bit different.”

Though my brother made quick decisions for business, he was indecisive about little things like this.

“Then, I’ll have this! Then, fried yeast dumpling! That’s fine, right?”

“I hate it.”

“W…wae?”

“In New York, I was forced to eat fried yeast dumpling. I’m already sick of it.”

“That’s…”

“Hmm? That’s…”

 

Suddenly, when I thought my brother had started running, he stopped at one lot.

“Yah, what’s this all of a sudden?” My brother was staring down a fishcake stand.

“Do you want to eat fishcake?”

“Excuse me, I’d like this please!”

“I…I want the same!”

 

Even when we got the fishcakes and were at the table, my brother didn’t start eating right away.

“W…what’s wrong?”

“These fishcakes…omma made it a lot.”

“Eh?” 

After mumbling that, my brother laughed somewhat nostalgically.

*This is the first time oppa is laughed today.*

The fishcakes, which was a first for me, had a slightly special flavor.


 

Preview

“Welcome! What are you looking…eh?”

“Hmm…?”

“Jin…Jin Young oppa?!!”

“You aren’t working here, are you? I see, I see.” Jin Young showed me an innocent smile.

 

A sign that a fire had lit in Jin Young’s mischievous heart…

“Ah!” The problem child, Jin Young was running around recklessly!


Author's notes

Hey, annyeong~~ :) Long time no see~ XD

I'm so sorry for not coming here to update last two days. I had many music shows to watch, like MuBank, MCD, Dream Concert 2013, WGM Global Ver and more...So I maybe will update 1-2 chapter(s) now and after this, I may not have time to update because I have to ready for my violin test and choir performance all the week...(Haiz...Why the hell want me to do those things in the holiday???) Btw, I hope this chapter is good though. I know it's a bit bad... :(