Annoying

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

Listen Bye Bye Love by Yoseob, Dongwoon, Changsub, Ilhoon and A Bitter Day by Junhyung, G.NA, Hyuna while reading :)

Bye Bye Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPRQ5c2s5_w

A Bitter Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZFHnuQEbw


Chapter 24: Annoying

A few days after Hyuna had fainted.

I was preparing to go out in order to take care of my father as usual.

Knock knock!

"So Hyun ah, are you still here?"
"Omma? I'm here!"

After hearing my voice, my mother opened the door by herself and came in.
"What is it?"
"I told you, didn't I? I told you to keep a hold on the reins!"
"W...what are you talking about?"
"I was talking with Byung Hun on the phone earlier. Since he won't be coming back to the estate for a while, I asked him why."
"O...okay..."
"He was rather curt with me when he said he wouldn't return for a while. Then, when I asked him about his marriage with you...Forget about the marriage with you. He told me 'it's not the time for that'!"
"..."
"What happened? Don't tell me he's already bored of you!"
"T...there's no way I'd knowwhether that's true or not, right...?"
"Where is he anyway? Is he not coming back because he doesn't want to be together with you?"
"Oppa is together with Hyuna-ssi, I think..."
"Hyuna...? Didn't he hate her? Why are they together again...? Could it have something to do with Hyuna's illness...?"
"Probably..."
"So he's waiting on her because he got all soft-hearted when he saw his ex-fiancée with a seroius illness? What an idiot! What will he do if Jun Sung dies while he's playing house? Call Byung Hun back to the estate now! If you ask instead of me, there's still a chance! God, why is that yeoja doing this now...?" My mother slammed the door violently as she left.

"Forget about...the marriage..."


When I entered my father's hospital room, my brother and Hyuna were there.
"Ah, oppa, Hyuna-ssi..."
"So Hyun ah, you're early today too."
"N...ne. Hyuna-ssi, are you feeling well?"
"Since I had a medical examination scheduled, I came by to see how your appa was doing."
"I see...Jeongmal kamsahabnida."

"I'm grateful that you came to visit even though you aren't feeling well yourself."
"You can stop speaking so formally."
"Jjinja, do juseyo. I think of you like I do my real appa."
"I...truly appreciate it."
"Aniyo, it'll really be that way soon. Appa, you and Hyuna will be recognized as appa and daughter."
"Eh...?"
"What are you saying?"
"We're going to get married."
*T...that can't be...*
"We had at one point rethought our engagement, but in the end, we decided to be together."
"We must have worried you. So Hyun ah, we must have worried you as well..."

"Then, what will you tell to the press?"
"The press?"
"Right now, the Lee family has become the world's object of curiosity. You'll be bringing in a new topic."
"Appa...you knew?"
"Yesterday, Mi Sun (omma) came and talked about a variety of things with me."
"Byung Hun oppa wouldn't acknowledge the contents of that fax. I apologize for my rudeness, but that was just his omma's recklessness..."
"Mi Sun's intentions don't matter right now. If there's any problem, it's somewhere else."
"When you say somewhere else , where do you mean?"

After my father thought for a while with his eyes closed, he spoke very carefully.
"Byung Hun ah, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear what you just told me."


"Mw...mwoh? Are you saying you won't accept our marriage?"
"You aren't qualified to marry right now."
"What's that supposed to mean...?"
"You should have...something that you have to...do..." My father had started sweating, and his face was pale.
"Appa...?"
"This is because of that yeoja, right? Are you telling me you approve of that ridiculous plan?"
"Oppa, why don't we step out for a bit?"
"No, I'm going to tell appa straight. I'm not the Lee family's slave! Let me do what I want!"
"Byung Hun ah..."

My brother, whose anger wouldn't cool off, started heaping abuse on my parents even more violently. Beside him, Hyuna still in her wheelchair, was hiding her face and her shoulders were shaking.

"Appa, open your eyes! That yeoja isn't really thinking of saving the Lee family! She'd be fine with anything as long as she can live in luxury!"
"..."
"A...appa, are you all right...?"
"I'm not going to blindly follow that yeoja anymore! Let me do as I like for the marriage and the rebuilding of the Lee family!"
"Oppa! Just stop already!"
"Byung Hun ah...Y...you're forgetting what's important...Urgh!" 
"Appa!"

Finally, my father clutched at his chest, looking pained. The door opened immediately, and people wearing white rushed in.
"We're starting treatment immediately! Wait outside juseyo!" We were urged out of the room by the nurses.


After we left the hospital room, a 'No Visitors' sign was immediately put in front of it.
"Appa..."
"What the hell was appa saying...?"
"Oppa! Why were you speaking so loudly?"
"Because he didn't understand. He's never once willingly approved of anything I've done..."
"Even so..."
"S...stop juseyo! As I thought, I'm not an appropriate yeoja for Byung Hun oppa, so your appa..."
"Aniya. It was just too early to tell him...I always make the wrong decisions...Let's go already..." Even though my brother had spoken so kindly to console her, Hyuna didn't lift her head.
"Eh..."
Like that, my brother and Hyuna left.

My father's condition stabilized a few hours afterwards. However, I was told that he still couldn't receive visitors, so I decided to go home for today.

*Everything is falling apart...*

"So Hyun-ssi, would you take some time to speak with me?"
"Eh...?" I looked up at suddenly having somebody call out to me. When I did, somebody with an unnatural smile a recorder at me.
"Earlier, your oppa took his former fiancée out of the hospital."
"What effect will this have on your marriage...?"
"W...we're inside a hospital, you know? Stop doing things that will cause trouble juseyo!"
"Some people heard a quarrel from your appa's room. Did something happen inside? There are some rumors that your marriage was your mother's intention..."
"Um...Stop juseyo..."

Reporters were swarming around me like they wanted to attack me. I was completeky surrounded. I couldn't run away.
*Stop already...Don't harass me any further...* Just when I thought that.


"Yah, get away from her!" Pushing his way through the reporters, Jin Young appeared before my eyes.
"It's been a while. You look a bit down."
"W...what are you doing? Why are you here...?"
"I came to see how your appa was doing, but...Anyway, want to get out of here for today?"
"Eh? Eek!"

After saying that, Jin Young grabbed my hand.
"So Hyun ah, let's go!" Jin Young was clutching my hand tightly, like he wouldn't let go.
"Don't let go of my hand!"
We pushed through the reporters and fled.

"Right, we got away just as planned! That's me for you!" Jin Young was excited like a kid whose prank had succeeded. When I saw him like that, I ended up smiling too. But...
*I'm just...so tired...*

My normal Lee family which I had been living up until now. These rapidly changing days had already crossed my tolerance level.


Preview

"So Hyun ah...It's been a while since we met like this. Though it'd probably be cool to back out now without saying anything..."

"Excuse me...Um...Do you have time right now? Er...it's a bit difficult to discuss here..."

A mystery person reveals Hyuna's true colours...


Author's notes

only_xiiaoTeng here! :D

Hehe, gotta off and watch MCD and MuBank first. Tomorrow still have school, I mean sports day!! Aigoo...3 hours sleep...I must be tired tomorrow...XD Anyway, I'm leaving first, annyeong!! Support yea! Nites! :)