I'm Da One!

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

Chapter 9: I'm Da One!

 

 

At noon, since my father had called for me, I entered my father’s bedroom.

“I’m coming in.”

“Oh, So Hyun ah, sorry about that.”

“How are you today?”

“Alright. After one more week, I should be able to do a half-set.”

“It’s still too early for golf, but I’m glad that you’re feeling well enough to make jokes.”

“So don’t you worry too.”

“Ani.”

“By the way, So Hyun ah, could you do a little errand for me?”

“An errand?” 

 

My father handed over a sheet from a memo pad to me.

“I’d like you to buy what’s written on there. The shop’s location is written on the back.”

“Genuine’ aloes wood…Is this incense?”

“Ne. I can’t entrust this errand to anyone else.”

“I see. Okay, I’ll go.” Like that, I took the memo and went out on an errand.


 

When I reached the street on the map, there was, as indicated, an incense shop. The very old shop front was full of mysterious aromas.

*This shop has probably been here since a very long time ago. I can feel the weight of its history…*

“Welcome.”

“Ah, Joesonghabnida. I’m looking for aloes wood.”

“Ne, if it is aloes wood you are looking for, it is over here.”

 

When I came to that corner, I was enveloped even further in nice aromas.

“Wow, there are so many varieties. Eh?”

*Prices like five hundred dollars and one thousand dollars are just written there normally…*

“Is something the matter?”

“A…aniyo, you’ve prepare some wonderful things for me! Ahaha…”

*Otoke? I didn’t bring that much money…*

“Have you decided on the type of aloes wood?”

“U…um…about the incense called Genuine.”

“Genuine…I apologize. We don’t handle that brand…”

“Eh? U…um, this is the shop on this map, right?” I showed the memo my father wrote to the employee.

“Ne, there is no mistake that this is the shop. However, the incense called ‘Genuine’ is…”

“I see…”

*I wonder if appa got the name of the brand wrong…* I excused myself and took out my cell phone in order to call my father.

*But I don’t want to wake appa up…Ah! Oppa might know.* I tried calling my brother’s cell. When I did, my brother picked up immediately, which was uncommon.

“So Hyun ah? What’s up?”

“Um…I went to buy incense since appa asked me to, but…”

“Incense?”

“But the brand appa mentioned isn’t here…”

“Oppa, do you know anything?”

“I’m coming there now, so wait.”


 

“Eh? T…then, the address is…”

“I know it. I’ll come in ten minutes.”

“Yah, wait, what do you…? Ah…He hung up…” Since I didn’t understand, I decided to do as I was asked and wait.

 

My brother came in about ten minutes, just as he said.

“You haven’t bought it yet?”

“A..ani.”

“Follow me.”

“Eh?” My brother went into the shop like he was accustomed to it, going far into the back.

 

In the back of the shop, which was separated by a curtain, an old woman was sitting quietly by herself.

“It has been a while, granny.”

“Ah…Byung Hun ah, you’ve become rather manly.”

*Eh…? Do they know each other…?*

“I thought you would be coming along soon, so I’ve prepared things.” While saying that, the old woman took a box made of paulownia wood from the shelf. ‘Genuine’ was written on the box in cursive.

“Ah! It’s ‘Genuine’! So it was here…”

“This young yeoja, if I’m not mistaken…”

“I…it’s nice to meet you, I came for an important errand. So Hyun ibnida.”

“This is my dongsaeng.”

“Ah…so it’s as I thought. I thought that you’d come by some time.”

“Eh? U…um…”

“Come by again juseyo. I’ll be waiting, So Hyun.”

In the end, my brother took the box made of paulownia wood without paying and took me out of the shop.

 

While we walked down the street, my brother handed the box over to me.

“Bring it back. I’m going to return to work.”

“Wait a second. Do we not have to pay?”

“Ne. The amount for a few decades’ worth has been paid already.”

“A…a few decades’ worth…Tell me properly what you mean. Oppa?”

“This isn’t just any old errand. It’s an event related to the Lee family succession.”

“Eh…?”


 

“This aloes wood called ‘Genuine’…A predecessor, that is my grandfather, had this incense made specially. It won’t be sold to anybody not in the Lee family. Employees can’t touch it either.”

“Ah…so that’s why it had to be me, and appa…”

“The errand this time was so that that old yeoja would remember your face. As that of a Lee family member. Appa probably contacted her in advance.”

“So that’s how it was…But what do you mean when you say it’s related to the Lee family succession…?”

“Up until now, appa or I went to buy it. Now, by asking you to get it…It means that appa thinks of you as one of his sucessors.”

“I…I’m a Lee family successor…?”

“Otherwise, appa wouldn’t have asked you.”

“T…that’s…why would I…?”

“There’s no way I’ understand. What’s appa thinking…”

“Oppa…I’ll try asking appa.”

“Eh?”

“Whether this errand really meant that. Then…if it’s really like you say, oppa…”

“If it is…then what?”

“I…Since I haven’t thought about succeeding…”


 

“I plan to tell appa that straight. So, don’t worry about strange things, oppa.”

“If appa is decided, what you want doesn’t matter anymore.”

“Eh…?”

“It’s the same for me. What we want doesn’t matter. He’ll decide the Lee family successor.”

“That’s…”

“Whether he’ll turn over all of the Lee group to me, or if he’ll also entrust it to you. Or…”

“Or…?”

“Ani…There’s no point in thinking about it. We won’t know until that time comes.”

“By that time, you mean…”

“When appa dies.” After talking up to that point, my brother stopped the car.

“I can’t send you home today. Mianhae, but go home alone.”

“N…ne…”

“The matter about the successor isn’t in my hands. How much I contribute to the company already doesn’t matter. However, I don’t plan to hand over the Lee group to you and omma. Whatever appa thinks.”

“Oppa…” After saying that without looking at me, my brother got in the car and drove off. Left behind there, I couldn’t do anything but stand stock still.


 

Preview

“Appa…I was told that I was also a successor candidate, but is that true?”

“Of course it is.”

“But I can’t do management…?”

“I think the of you are mistaken about something.”

“Eh?” 

The father talks about the future of the Lee family.


Author's notes

Hi there! New chappie is up! :) It's quite short... :( 

    

Today is Kim Hyun Joong, Beast maknae Son Dong Woon<3 and one of a character in this fanfic, Kim HyunA's birthday!! So is every 4Nias, TripleS and 'JJANG JJANG!!' B2utys wish every idols yet??? Then let's wish them~Saengil chukhahabnida!!!<3 I heard our Dongwoonie is hanging out with friends today (bojio!! >3<). Anyway, play well~!!!<3

Since I heard there's no MCD today, so new chappies will be here soon!! :) [I'm so slow... :( XD]