I need your help

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

Chapter 6: I Need Your Help

 

Since I didn’t have anything in particular to do today, I finished with lunch and relaxed in my room. I didn’t have anything to do in my room by myself, and just stared at my phone.

*The amusement park was fun…*On my phone, there was a picture of the amusement park. When I looked at my brother smiling like a child, I ended up smiling without thinking.

“We’re oppa and dongsaeng, right?”

“Ah…” Suddenly, my brother’s words came to mind. I still don’t know why the mood suddenly got worse after that.

*Even though he spent the day with me…I wonder if oppa is angry…* On my phone, my brother was still smiling. I sighed while looking at that image. Then, the screen changed and my ringtone went off. When I saw the name of the person who was calling me on the screen, I tilted my head in confusion.

“It’s from Hyuna-ssi…Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yeobosaeyo, So Hyun ah?”

“Annyeonghasaeyo.”

“I apologize for calling you so suddenly. Would you happen to be free today?”

“Er…Well…”

“I’m glad. I was wondering if we could be able to talk.”

“Ne. When you say talk, what do you…”

“Then, could you come to the hotel lounge?”

*Eh…Are we going to meet up to talk…?*

“Would that be inconvenient for you?”

“Aniyo, gwaenchana. I’ll come in around an hour.”

“Then, I’ll wait for you.”

A sudden invitation from Hyuna. I don’t really want to go…Since I wanted to hear about my brother, I decided to go.


When I went to designated lounge, Hyuna was waiting, wearing flashy clothes as usual.

“I apologize for calling you out so suddenly. Were you busy?”

“Ani, I didn’t have anything to do today.”

“Well, daebak. Would you like anything to drink?”

For a little while after that, Hyuna continued to chat about harmless and inoffensive things. While making the atmosphere feel relaxing, making me less wary…

“I’m already 27, right? The cosmetics I’ve been using up now are slowly starting to not match me anymore…”

“Well…”

“So Hyun ah, you’re fine on that point, since you’re still young. I’m envious.”

“U…umm…”

“Ne? Is something the matter?”

“Umm…When you said ‘talk’ earlier…?”

“Ah…I apologize. It’s just that you’re so easy to talk to. So Hyun ah, so I…I ended up talking about completely unrelated topics…”

“Was it…about oppa?”

“Ne…I called you out today because there was something I had to ask you. You’ve heard from Byung Hun-ssi already, rite? About our engagement.” When Hyuna finally began talking about the real topic, she started passionately.

“Ne. It was called off…That’s what I heard from oppa.”

“It’s true. The truth is that I’m no longer Byung Hun-ssi’s fiancée. However, the reason for that is a certain misunderstanding.”

“Misunderstanding?”

“If that could be cleared up…Byung Hun-ssi definitely rethink the annulment of our engagement. So Hyun ah…would you please with me on that matter?” I want you to cooperate. Hyuna clasped my hand tightly as if so strongly appeal to me.

“U…um…what sort of misunderstanding is…?”


“T…that’s right. If I don’t start from there first…I…The truth is, I can’t have children.”

“Eh…”

“I was dating Byung Hun-ssi while hiding that fact. Eventually, Byung Hun will be the successor to the Lee family. If he found out I couldn’t have children, he would call off the engagement…I was worried about that, so I couldn’t tell him…”

“T…then, does oppa know…?”

“Aniyo, that’s not it. After I went to New York with Byung Hun-ssi, I secretly tried an infertility treatment. Then, I met with a renowned doctor. Thanks to that, I can now have children.”

“Daebak! But, if that’s what happened, why?”

“The problem is money…”

“Ah…”

“Because of the advanced infertility treatment and, furthermore, because I took the treatment in a unfamiliar land…The medical expenses just piled up. I broke our agreement to live just on our own income and I ended up asking for help from my family. That’s what made Byung Hun-ssi angry.”

“But if you just told him honestly it was for an infertility treatment…”

“I couldn’t tell him. I hid the fact that I couldn’t have children. I just couldn’t tell him.” While dabbing at Hyuna’s eyes with a handkerchief, she said that with a trembling voice.

“I understand…I’ll tell oppa.”

“Eh? Will you really?”

“It isn’t a story you should hide. If I tell him, oppa will definitely understand.”

“Y…you can’t do that. Please don’t tell him about my infertility!”

“Eh, but…”

“I want you to explain it to Byung Hun-ssi like this. That I needed money because of another reason that he’ll be able to understand. I’ve prepared another reason.”

“Do you mean that I should lie to oppa…?”

“It’s because you’re a woman like me that I talked to you about this, right? If you do like I ask, Byung Hun’s feelings will definitely return! Jebal!”

“That’s…”


I didn’t think that Hyuna’s story or her bitter attitude were lies. But to make me lie to my brother, when I was his younger sister…I felt there was something I couldn’t understand about Hyuna’s obsession with protecting her engagement with my brother.

“So Hyun ah…?”

“Eh…?” I was suddenly called out by name, so I turned around. When I did, I saw my brother standing with a troubled expression.

“Why are you…”

“The same to you, oppa, why are you here?”

“Haha, I called him. A surprise from me! Let’s talk together with the three of us today, shall we?” Suddenly, Hyuna, after speaking with a bright voice completely different from earlier, moved over to make room for my brother.

My brother looked with a complex expression at Hyuna, who was urging him to sit next to her with a smile.

*I see…She had calculated everything, and called me and oppa…*

“Byung Hun oppa, So Hyun and I were talking about you together earlier. Do you want to hear what we were talking…?”

“So Hyun ah, we’re going home.”

“Eh…?” My brother grabbed my arm and headed towards the entrance, ingnoring Hyuna.

“O…oppa, didn’t you have something to talk about with Hyuna-ssi.”

“I didn’t know you were coming too. What’s Hyuna-ssi planning…?” I looked my brother walked briskly with my arm in his grasp. When I did, Hyuna saw us off with a smile.


When we got out of the hotel, my brother gave a tip to the bellboy and requsted that he brings the car. My brother’s expression stayed stern even while we waited for the car.

“What did you talk about?”

“U…umm…”

“You didn’t get any stupid ideas, right? What did you talk about?”

I was asked not to talk about Hyuna’s infertility. Besides, I didn’t hear the reason that Hyuna had prepared in its place. I was troubled as to whether or not to say what I heard from Hyuna.

“Mwoh? Did she say something disagreeable?”

“Aniyo, we just chatted. About cosmetics and fashion and stuff.”

“Didn’t she say you talked about me?”

“Er…since your fashion sense isn’t good…She said that she’d help you coordinate…”

“Hmm…No thanks.” When my brother was muttering sullenly, the car we were waiting for stopped in front of us.

“Going back now, right? I’ll drive you back.”

“Okay.”

“Ah…” When he went to get into the car, my brother stopped, as if he was thinking about something.

“What is it?”

“When we were coming back from the amusement park…Did I say something harsh again? I felt like you were suddenly more curt…”

“A…aniyo, it was nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“I see…” I gave a little chuckle as I got on the car before my brother, who looked like he wasn’t completely satisfied.


Preview

“Morning. Are the preparations finished?”

“Ne, without delay.

*It’s just as I thought. Today is oppa’s…*

 

“Yah, what are you doing…?”

“I’m going too.”

 

Where are they going with just the two of them…?


Author's notes

HI!! New chappie is up!! Update soon~ :D