Date (Couple part)

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

 

Chapter 14: Date (Couple Part)

 

After that event, a personal bodyguard followed me whatever I went.

"Daebak! Even if we drive so fast, he still won't leave."

"Ne..." I turned around from the passenger seat of Jin Young's car. A dark sedan had been keeping the same distance from us for a while now.

"So Hyun's bodyguard seems like a really capabe guy."

"It seems like my oppa was the one who looked for him..."

"Well, there's nothing that can be done since that sort of thing happened. Isn't coming along on a date bit too much? " It was just as Jin Young said. I was happy for the concern, and I want to be reassured, but...It was a bit tough having a bodyguard watching me around the clock.

"Alright! If it comes to this, I'll switch to high gear and get away!"

"G...gwaenchana. Let's just go into a store."

"Well, I wanted to give him the slip, but whatever." Jin Young slowed the car down and put it into park.

We arrived at a cafe we often visited and sat at a table facing the road.

"Welcome."

"Two lattes. Don't make them too warm."

"Understood."

"Ah...Actually, make that three."

"Eh?" The employee seemed perplexed and asked Jin Young a question.

"Um...Should I bring one cup later?"

"Ani, bring one to that guy over there." Jin Young grinned mischievously towards where the bodyguard, dressed completely in black, was sitting.

"You don't have to tease him so much..."

"It's just my way of saying thanks for the hard work since he's protecting my important So Hyun."

"Geez..."


 

Jin Young laughed happily and shook the bodyguard's hand.

*Same as always, Jin Young...*

The date with Jin Young was after that riot at the florist. It's not that I wasn't reluctant. However, since my days had felt suffocating, I wanted to have a change of pace. Even while I was astounded by Jin Young, who wasn’t even a bit timid, I felt like I could be saved by that cheerfulness.

“So, what’d the criminals say?”

“Molla…Nobody’s talked the incident with me.”

“They probably want you to forget it quickly.”

“Probably…”

“But they didn’t do anything, right? Just made you get in the car.”

“Well, that’s true, but…”

“Then, there’s no need to worry so much. Since I’m here, there’s no need for a bodyguard.”

“N…ne…”

Neither oppa nor appa will talk about the incident in front of me. Jin Young didn’t really worry and talked about it directly. 

“Hmm? What is it?”

“Though that ol’ man won’t even take a sip of that latte. What a stiff guy.”

“He’ll hear you…”

“Who cares. It’s true that I think he’s in the way.”

“Jung Jin Young!”

“Yah…”

“Eh?”

Jin Young suddenly started speaking in a quiet voice and brought his face closer to mine.

“Let’s give him the slip.”

“Eh?”

“Shh…I just thought of a good idea.”After Jin Young pressed his index finger against my mouth, he laughed mischievously.

"Idea?"

"It'll need a little preparation, so wait." While saying that, Jin Young used his smartphone.


 

Just after I finished drinking my latte, I awkwardly stood up from my seat.

"What is it? Washroom?"

"N...ne..."

"Annyeong!"

At the  same time I got up, the bodyguard got up right away too.

"Yah! You're in the way! Ol' man, you're too large! People can't fet pass you, you know?" When I got back of the restaurant in order to borrow the washroom, I heard an angry voice from behind me. Pretending like I couldn't hear, I continued on, but I could hear the angry voice even inside.

"Get out of the way!"

" you! Get over here!"

*S...so he really plans to get away...* It appeared that the plan was to ask some of his less appropriate friends to keep the bodyguard busy. Whether they always listen to his requests or not, the force of Jin Young's friends was amazing.

"Get out of my way!"

"Who's the one in the way? Though things would cal down a bit if the people trying to get out would just get out."

"What'd you just say? Or do you really want to go? Huh?"

*As expected, if you do this sort of thing...Ah...* When I looked at Jin Young from the interior  of the shop, he got up from his seat with a wink. I felt awful, but I also headed towards the shop's back door as we had planned.

A few minutes later, Jin Young and I met in the parking lot and quickly started the car.

"Yeah! Got away just as planned!"

"W...what are those people going to do now?"

"I told them to get out of there like nothing had happened once we'd gone. Don't worry, since they won't really fight or anything."

"But...if you do this sort of thing..."

"What are you getting scared for now? We're just getting you away from watchful eyes."

"That's enough. Let's return to the shop, okay?"

"Can't do that. Our plans for the day are already decided."

"Plans?"

"I've got something I'd like to show you, So Hyun ah." Jin Young was selfish as usual. However, his profile at that time looked a little shy.

Jin Young drove into the parking lot of a brand new apartment.

"This is..."


 

"I said before, didn't I? It's the new apartment I bought."

"Ah...So when you said you had something you wanted to show me, it was the apartment..."

"Er, well, that too, but..."

"Eh? Well, just go in."

"You won't do anything weird...?"

"I won't."

"Eh...?"

"I'd like to, but I can't. I'm not that awful." Jin Young's eyes were unusually serious. I decided to believe him and went into the apartment.

When I went inside the apartment Jin Young bought, i was a room that was empty and lonely. I couldn't think that anybody lived in it.

"There's nothing inside..."

"Yeah. Since you said you wouldn't live here with me...I canceled the order for furniture too."

"Ah...Mianhae..."

"Gwaenchana. Thanks to that, there's been progress."

"What do you mean, progress?"

"Hehe, look at this." 

When I went into the room, there were a lot of paintings.

"This is..."

"Since it annoyed me to not have this apartment be used, it's being used as an atelier."

"Right. Oppa, you're an arts student..."

"Exactly." 

It was the first time Jin Young had let me see his paintings. All of them were colorful and lively. Within all of those, one noticeably large painting in monostone caught my eye.

"What's this painting?"

"Hehe, that's what I wanted to show you."

"Could it be this is me?"

"Correct!" The me within the painting was just wearing a thin veil ad was almost . I had melancholic expression and was looking away from the viewer.

"I'm still drawing, so it's not colored yet though."

"She's beautiful...She's a really beautiful person, more so than me."

"Not at all. I couldn't decide on an expression."


 

"I've never taken this much time on anything before though." Jin Young was talking about his painting while blushing slightly. This was a completely new attitude for him that I hadn't seen before.

*So Jin Young oppa thought this much of me..* Jin Young's irresponsible points, his pushy points, his childish points...They definitely kept me at a distance. However, I understood his seriousness towards the arts and his feelings towards me. I was honestly happy."

"Oppa, gomawo. For painting such a beautiful picture..."

"Hehe, it's the first time you've said 'Gomawo' to me, since you're always just apologizing to me, I'm seriously happy."

"Ahaha, is that so?"

"But gomawo are still early. Say 'Gomawo' again when I've finished it."

"Ne!"

At that time, my phone started ringing in my bag.

"Hmm...Ah, it's oppa..."

"What is it...? We'd just got a good mood going."

"Yeobosaeo? Oppa...?"

"So Hyun ah? Where are you?"

"With Jin Young oppa."

"Gwaenchana? The bodyguard lost you so he reported it!"

"Um...We lost him along the way..."

"It's got to be because that idiot tempted you into doing it! Come home right now! Or I'll look for you in the helicopter again, you know?"

*Ugh...He found out...*

"A...araso, I'll come home right away, so..." When I hung up, I heard Jin Young sighing loudly.

"Ha...So, you've been told to go back?"

"Ne...Mian..."

"Stop! You don't have to apologize anymore."

"Ne..."

"Then, shall we go to get yelled at?" Jin Young left the atelier with a bitter smile. I looked at the picture of me once more and then closed the door.


 

"I really did get told off..." After going to Jin Young's apartment to see the painting and then returning home, my brother had been seriously angry.

"That guy doesn't know how many idiotic things he's done. Break up with that guy already. You're an idiot too for dating such an idiot." His insults towards Jin Young turned into a sermon for me. I ended up being preached at by my brother for an hour or so in his room. I knew oppa was worried about me. I was happy about that, but...

*I feel a bit suffocated.* Somebody was watching what I did day and night. That didn't feel great. When I thought somebody was watching, I just couldn't let my mind wander, and that was emotionally exhausting. That's why even though I thought the way I did it wasn't great...By going somewhere I wasn't being watched, I was able to relax.

*I really want to say it's not necessary but...* Whenever I thought about the incident, I would start shaking again. I had unintentionally saved myself by forgetting my cell phone. I probably wouldn't have been able to be here if I hadn't done that. That's why I couldn't say I didn't need a bodyguard, even if it felt a little oppressive.

Even when I was walking by myself, somebody would watch me. That was for my safety, so...

*Eh? I got a text. Who's it from...?* I returned to my room and took my cell phone out of my bag. When I checked, the text notification light was blinking.

"Eh, Jin Young oppa?" The text was from Jin Young, who'd I separated from just a few hours before. The text was unusually brief for Jin Young, saying only the time and the place.

*What's this...?* Texts from Jin Young started off with idle chitchat. Then, he would talk about what he actually wanted to talk about only briefly at the end.

*Jin Young oppa smiled then, but I wonder if he was actually mad about today?* A little worried, I sent him a text back: [Are you angry about today?]

"Eh, he's replied already." It had been thirty minutes since Jin Young sent me the text. I had thought it would be a while before he replied. Despite that, he unexpectedly replied in less than a minute.

*That means he's not mad, right? Or did he reply quickly because he's mad?* I nervously checked the text.

[I'm not mad! Anyway, that time okay with you?] That was his reply.

*Ah, since I thought Jin Young oppa might be mad, I didn't actually reply to what was in his text...* I quickly replied: [Gwaenchana, but what's happening then?] However, the text Jin Young sent back didn't answer my quetion.

*Something for me to look forward to, he says...I wonder if it's just my imagination, but I don't have a good feeling about this...*

Then, it was the day I promised to meet with Jin Young on. The night before, Jin Young sent me a text telling me what to wear.

*Come in mules with the one-piece and bag I bought, he says...What's this for?* He had never told me what to wear before, but today he was full of requests.

*Is this a part of what Jin Young oppa said to look forward to?* I didn't know what was going to happen at all. Anyway, i wore the clothes he told me to and went to the waiting place.

*I wonder where Jin Young oppa is?* Since it was a holiday, there were a lot of people in front of the station.

"So Hyun ah! Over here!" I was still looking for Jin Young when he called out to me while waving from the traffic circle.

"You did well in finding me. I couldn't spot you at all..." After I rushed over to Jin Young and said that, he pointed behind me with a complicated expression.

"Eh?" When I turned around, I saw a bodyguard standing a little away from me.

"Since there was somebody like that who sticks out like a sore thumb at a station on a holiday, it was easy."

"Ah, that's true..." Within all the young people, you couldn't help but spot the man wearing a completely black suit.

"Speaking of, Jin Young oppa...What are we doing today?"

"Eh? So Hyun ah, you want to go to the washroom?"

"Eh? Washroom?"

"Why not go to the one over there? I'll wait here."

"Jin Young oppa? I don't really..." When I started saying that I didn't want to go, Jin Young brought his lips close to my ears.

"Leave the washroom in ten minutes and come to the north exit."

"Eh..."

"Gwaenchana. I'll be waiting here, so just go." He pushed my back, so I ended up heading towards the washroom without knowing why.

*Eh, this person...* When I went into the washroom, there was a woman wearing the same clothes as me. The same one-piece and the same bag, and she was about the same height as me too.

*Even if this is a coincidence, it feels really uncomfortable to be so similiar...* The woman looked at me and smiled meaningfully. Then, she left the washroom with her shoes clicking against the ground.

*Something strange is probably going to happen today. It's probably about time.* I checked my watch. About ten minutes had passed since I went to the washroom.

*Jin Young oppa said to go to the north exit, right?* Thoough I didn't really understand the situation, I left the washroom to go the north exit, just as Jin Young had told me to.

"So Hyun ah, over here! Ppali!" When I got to the north exit, Jin Young was already waiting in his car, calling out at me to hurry.

"Eh? Eh?" I sat in the passenger seat while being urged on.

"Alright, let's go!" After checking that I had got on, Jin Young started the car right away and drove away from the station.

"Ha, I wasn't sure if that'd work, but I'm glad it was a success!" Jin Young said that, sounding self-satisfied.

"Yah, explain what just happened!"

"Having that guy on our date would totally ruin the mood, right? It was tough getting everything prepared, but it feels great now that everything's went the way I wanted it to." He laughed, like he was pleased his trick worked. I turned around to look. The black sedan that was always following me wasn't there.

"By prepared, you mean..." Remembered the strange woman in the washroom.

"So the person in the washroom..."

"Exactly. She's the double for you that I prepared! Seems like that guy mixed up you and your double. I think he's still waiting at the south exit."

"South exit?"

"I walked with your double to the south exit. He'd find out she wasn't you if I wasn't there, right? So I walked with he r pathway and then went into a store, and your double went to the washroom again. That's when I hurried over to the north exit. Yah, So Hyun ah. Lend me your phone." So that's why Jin Young told me what to wear. In order to prepare a woman wearing the same clothes as me...

"Eh? Wae?" Holding the wheel with one hand, Jin Young stuck out his other. I handed my phone to Jin Young, though I was confused. After I did, he turned off the phone and put it in his own bag.

"Yah, Jung Jin Young!"

"Even though we'd just given one nuisance the slip...Getting a phone call from you oppa who's like a sister-in-law is the worst. So until the date ends, I'm taking your cell phone into my custody."

"Jeez, I'm the one he's going to be mad at later..."

"Anyhow, since it's your oppa, won't he just say something like 'It's that idiot's fault, right'?"

"..."

"Wow, if you're not saying anything, it means that he's actually said it, that sister-in-law of a...Well whatever. Anyway, let's play as much as we can today!" Jin Young muttered that, sounding annoyed.

Jin Young brought us to an amusement park. Even though it was already past the opening time, it was deserted inside.

"Isn't today a holiday?"

"Huh? Oh, aniya. It's because I reserved this place for today."

"Eh!"

"If I didn't, we wouldn't be able to play as much as we could, right?"

Really, Jin Young didn't know how to hold back with money. To reserve a whole amusement park just for a date...

"Plus, since nobody's here, it'll be safer for you, So Hyun, so you'll be able to enjoy yourself more, right?"

"Eh?"

" I thought the same thing when I was waiting at the station, but you're seemed a bit nervous aboout things ever since that incident."

"Ah..." It's true that I wasn't able to return to my regular life right away after that incident. Even in places with a lot of people, I would remember being kidnapped, and I felt even more scared in places with nobody at all.

*Jin Young oppa noticed...*

"Ah, even though I said that I reserved this amusement park so there are no people here, my family's security people are at the exits and entrance. If by any chance anything happens, it'll be fine, so you can enjoy yourself without worrying!" Jin Young probably planned this from the start to let me enjoy myself as much as I could. It made me happy to know that Jin Young did so much for me, and Jin Young was cute when he was trying his best.

"Oppa, gomwo."

"D...don't thank me when you haven't even started enjoying yourself."

"Ne, but I just wanted to say gomawo."

"Well, it's not like I don't like being thanked. Let's go on a roller coaster first!"

"Will it be fine going on something so fast right away?"

"Obviously. Riding something fast right away sets the mood!"

"Oh! I want to ride that next!" I was pointing at a merry-go-round.

"Mwoh? As if I could ride in something kiddish..."

"I'd normally be embarrassed too, but there's nobody else here today."

"B...but still...The people in charge are still here..."

"Fine. Then I'll just go on all by myself."

"Jeez, araso, araso! I'll ride it, I'll ride it! But I'm only going to ride on a white horse!"

"He...A white horse? Oppa, you're pretty into it to, aren't you?"

"Shut up." Though he'd been unwilling, in the end, Jin Young went on the merry-go-around with me.

"Yah, over here." I was going to ride on a pumpkin carriage, but Jin Young pointed at the white horse he was riding.

"The prince and princess ride together, right?"

"Jin Young oppa." Maybe he was embarrassed himself, but Jin Young muttered that with flushed cheeks.

*If he thought it was embarrassing, he didn't have to say it...Thought that's why Jin Young oppa is kyeopta.*

I was able to fully enjoy myself that day. On top of that, the gloomy feelings I had before also cleared up.

"So Hyun ah, I didn't think you'd like roller coasters that much." Jin Young got carried away and rode the roller coaster many times over, and he ended up feeling sick.

"Jeez, it's cause you get carried away easily, oppa..." Jin Young muttered that as he sat on a bench, looking completely exhausted.

"I couldn't help it. You're not human if you go to an amusement park and don't master the roller coaster..."

"What kind of Jin Young oppa theory is that? It really can't be helped."

"Hmm? Yah, So Hyun ah?" I pulled Jin Young over and rested his head on my lap.

"Thanks for giving me a change of pace today."

"Pabo, why are you blushing when you did it yourself?"

"M...mwoh? If you're going to make fum of me, you can sit back up!"

"Ack, I was just kidding! I'm grateful, oh So Hyun ah, so let me borrow your lap juseyo!" Jin Young hugged me around my waist, and asked me this while looking away.

"So Hyun ah, did you have fun today?"

"Eh? Ne, it was really fun."

"Then, I'm glad." It might have been because Jin Young got too worked up, but for a little while after that, he ended up sleeping.

*Jin Young oppa, gomawo.*

"Annyeong! Thanks for today." It was night when Jin Young brought me back home.

"Will you be fine by yourself? Want me to come in so we cann get yelled at together?"

"True. Going by myself is scary, so you come to, oppa."

"Alright!"

*Ah, but...if Jin Young oppa comes with me, oppa will get even angrier...*

"Right! Let's go get yelled at then!"

"Jin Young oppa, acually, I'll be fine on my own, mianhae."

"Ne...So Hyun ah..." Jin Young looked serious as he brought his face closer to mine.

"Jin Young oppa, I..." I was going to be kissed. That was what I thought when Jin Young turned his face away.

"Araso." Jin Young shrugged his shoulders as he muttered that with a wary smile. He kissed me on the forehead.

"I'll restrain myself with just that for today. Man, my restraint is seriously strong."

"Hehe, gomawo."

"I'll invite you out, so let's go out together again."

"Ne." 

I waved as I watched Jin Young's car leave, and then I went into the house. Of course, my brother was waiting inside, standing imposingly. After that, I had to listen to my brother preach for even longger than I had to last time...


 

Preview

I went shopping with my brother on his day off with just the two of us.

"You get along so well. You must've been dating for a while already, right?"

"Eh...?"

"We're siblings."

"Ah, that's what it was! Excuse me juseyo. You really match each other, so I just..."

*I see...So when we're like this, people might look at us and think we're dating...*

"I want to go drinking with you, oppa."

"Okay, then let's go drinking together after we eat."

"Eh? Will you bring me with you?"

What will happen on this night with just the two of them...?


Author's notes

Oh gosh!!! Gonna nothing to write afterwards~~~ TT^TT

OMG Siblings' date~L.Joe and So Hyun!!! What will the story be??? Just check it out!!!

I'm gonna off to ready for MuBank live afterwards. I'll see y'all soon!!! ;)