Look through.

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

Chapter 25: Look through.

 

Jin Young drove the car to the sea. With all the painful things that had happened to me, I came to the sea and listened to the sound of the waves.

*Why have things turned out like this...? I wonder if things can't return to how they were anymore...*
My mother's fax had created distance between my brother and me. Then, Hyuna had fainted, so he left the estate...A thought came to me like it was trying to burst out.

Next to me, Jin Young was staring at the sea.
*Jin Young oppa...He saved me, but he must be mad...*
"t's been a while since we met like this."
"Ne..."
I was really surprised. I couldn't believe that you were going to marry that guy. I must have looked uncool. You guys liked each other, but I got all worked up by myself."
"Mianhae..."
"Like I said stop apologizing. You didn't do anything wrong."

My marrige with my brother had fallen through, and then he decided to marry Hyuna. I wasn't sure whether I should tell Jin Young.
"Thought it'd probably be cool to back out now without saying anything. As I thought, at the end I should at least..."
"Uh, um, Jin Young oppa."
"Hmm?"
"The truth is..."


After I explained the current turn of events, Jin Young didn't bother hiding his anger.
"What the hell...So because he didn't want to do what your omma said, he ended the marriage with you?"
"I think he acted like he did because he was thinking of Hyuna-ssi..."
"Even so, making her have an abortion once...And then returning to her because she looks pitful when she's sick is way too selfish."
"Abortion...? What are you talkiing about?"
"Eh? You didn't know? Hyuna-ssi got an abortion once."
"Eh..."
"I heard it offhand from somebody who knows her. Seems that happened when she was in New York."
"W...wait a second. Wasn't Hyuna-ssi always undergoing an infertility treatment?"
"Infertility treatment...? I don't really know, but the person who told me is one of her relatives or something like that, so I don't think the information would be wrong."
*What does this mean...?*

"Seems like she had a kid with that guy, but she was told that now wasn't the time for have children, so she was forced to have an abortion."
"O...oppa told her to get an abortion...?"
"Seems so. When I heard that, I was seriously angry."
"That's..."
"Which is why...I couldn't really give my blessing to your marriage."

*If that's true, then I understand oppa's attitude...If Hyuna's disease has something to do with the abortion...* My brother said that Hyuna's disease was his fault. Then, as atonement, he suddenly changed his attitude and was attending on Hyuna.

"Jjinja, you're correct in not marrying that guy. You'd just be used by him.


The next day, when I headed to the foyer in order to go to the hospital, my mother got up.
"Are you going to the hospital today too?"
"Ne."
"He still can't have visitors, right? There's no point even if you do go."
"However, we don't know when he'll been allowed visitors, so..."
"I see...Do what you want." Since she knew my brother's feelings were firm, my mother didn't seem as zealous before. She might have already given up on her plan for the reconstruction of the Lee Corp.
"Then I'm going."
"Ne, ne...I'm going to sleep a little more."

"Y...yah, omma."
"Mwoh?"
"If you get an abortion, is there a chance you'd get a disease...?"
"What is this all of a sudden? You can't have..."
"A...aniyo, aniya. It's about Hyuna's disease."
"Well, if you had your abortion done by some unlicenced doctor a long time ago, there might be after effects, or you might get an infection. With the current techniques, it's not really a concern. Is Hyuna's disease somehow related to abortion?"
"Aniyo, it's nothing. I'm heading out."

After I arived at the hospital, I ran into my brother, who was leaving.
"Oppa, you're alone today?"
"Ne, I came to pick up Hyuna's medicine."
"I see...How is Hyuna-ssi...?"
"She seems to be good condition right now. She's got more appetite."
"I'm glad...And appa...?"
"No...Even if I went, there'd be nothing to say."

"Yah, oppa...It's about Hyuna's disease, but..."
"Mwoh?"
"The doctor told me it was very serious..."
"Ne...It's true."
"Does that have...any connection to your past with Hyuna-ssi?"
"Why do you want to know?"
"T...that's..."

My brother kept his mouth shut as he looked at me.
"Eh...Oppa?"


"I'm going to say it again. I'll rebuild the Lee family my own way. Then, after you and omma have left, I plan on bringing Hyuna to the estate. Tell that yeoja what I said too." That was all my brother said before he started walkiing towards the entrance.

"Wait a little."
"Mwoh?"
"I don't care even if I can't marry you...But...Try looking into Hyuna-ssi's disease once more."
"What's that supposed to mean...?"
"There might be something that you don't know about."
"Are you telling to be suspicious of Hyuna?"
"I want you two to have a happy marriage...That's why."
"That's all you wanted to say?"
After being told that so coldly, all I could do was nod my head. When my brother confirmed that, he left like he wasn't interested at all.


Though I went to call on the hospital room, as expected, I couldn't speak with my father. While I was in the waiting room by myelf, I thought about my brother and Hyuna.
*If what Jin Young oppa said was correct, Hyuna-ssi must have been lying about the infertility treatment...But looking at how oppa's reacting, it's natural to think that she really did get an abortion...* Even when I put these events together, there were some parts that didn't add up. The information was too fragmented, so even when I thought about it, I couldn't find an answer.
*There's just one thing that's certain oppa and Hyuna-ssi both want to marry each other. More than a political marriage with me, oppa would be happier in a marriage with Hyuna-ssi...*

"Excuse me..."
"Eh...Ne? Ah, you're the doctor from before..." When I looked up, the doctor who had told me Hyuna's condition was standing there.
"Um...Do you have time right now?"
"Ne, but...Is this about Hyuna-ssi?"
"Er...It's a little bit difficult to discuss here..."
"Eh...?"

This person kept on nevously looking around, as if to check the surroundings.


Preview

"That's...But, wae...?"
"In order to take Byung Hun-ssi back...from you...I met Hyuna-ssi when I was in New York. That was the start of our lie..." The doctor speaks the truth!


Author's notes

Jinyoung knew the truth, but it wasn't really a truth. However, the doctor knew the REAL truth. What will the doctor said about the truth? Check the new chappie out soon! ;)

only_xiiaoTeng here anyway!! :) I know this chappie is short today, even the preview too... :(

Bad news to every readers. This fanfic is coming to the end soon, and our co-author-nim, that's lulubella_0719 may not help me to update this fanfic, but she'll help me after this fanfic as well. About the ending of this story, I may update today or upcoming weekends, since I don't have to go to school today. :(

Anyway, support this fanfic to the end :D