Jjinja???

The Unforgivable Couple: Forbidden Love

 

Chapter 10: Jjinja???

 

After buying the incense, when I returned to the estate, I went right away to appa's room to tell him.

"I just returned."

"Oh! That was fast. Could you properly buy the 'Genuine' incense?"

"Ne, I got oppa to help."

"Help from Byung Hun...I see. If that's so, you probably heard the reason I asked you to do the errand."

"Ne..."

"So the old yeoja has also recognized you then."

 

"Hey, appa...I was told that I was also a successor candidate, but is that true?"

"Of course it is. Since you're my daughter, who's not afraid of what anyone thinks."

"But I can't do management...?"

"In the Lee group, there are many excellent and talented people. You can leave management to them."

"T...then, otoke?"

"Just look over everyone as the head of the family. That's what  a head of a family is."

"That's..."

"You have the strong -mindedness of someone who won't be moved by losses and gains. That's indispensable for leading a large family."

"B...but, oppa would hate it if I succeeded. It'd be better if oppa succeeded..."

"I think the two of you are mistaken about something. I want to leave the Lee family to the both of you."

"Eh?"

"I'll leave the essential management to Byung Hun. You would be the face of the group. I want the two of you to hold up the Lee family as siblings, hand-in-hand."

"Me and oppa, holding up the Lee family together..."

"There are some people who wouldn't split roles well, but...I think that if it's the two of you, you'll do it well. Even for Byung Hun, work would be easier if you stood out in front." After that, appa continued to speak in high spirits about the Lee family's future. However, I couldn't think it'd be that simple.

 

After talking with appa for about an hour, I returned to my own room.

*Appa doesn't understand...He doesn't understand just now how wary oppa is of me and omma...*

"Oh, So Hyun ah!"

"Eh...Hyuna-ssi..."


I looked up since my name was called. Hyuna with perfect make-up as usual today, was walking over to me from the other side of the corridor.

"So you were here. How do you do?"

"Fine, kamsahabnida...Um...I think oppa is still at the company..."

"I heard that your appa was doing well. That's why I came to visit today to see him."

"Oh, is that so? Kamsahabnida."

"Earlier, I met with you omma as well."

"Ah, is that so...?"

*So omma was here today...*

"I'm surprised. Since she always looks so young, I had her tell me her secret."

"Ahaha..."

*I'm glad I wasn't there...*

"Your omma said that withoutr moderate stimulus, you'll lose your willpower."

"A...ah..."

"Moderate stimulus...As expected of her, she said something smart. That's stimulus for your skin, towards life, and..." Hyuna seemed to be thinking about something else.

"U...um..."

"So Hyun ah, you'll protect that beauty forever, just as your omma is, right?"

After my mother split up with my real father, it seems that she associated with a number of men. That continued even after she remarried.

*Is she saying that I'm the same as omma...?*

 

"By the way, So Hyun ah...About what we were talking about before..."

"Eh? Ah, ne..."

"Did Byung Hun-ssi say anything?"

*I definitely can't tell her he told me not to take her stupid ideas seriously...*

"Um...we haven't talked about it in detail yet."

"I see...So you haven't told him an alternative reason yet."

"Um...As I thought, I can't lie to oppa."

"Eh?"

"Oppa hates things that don't make sense. He is also very shrewd. Oppa will definitely realize if I'm lying. I think that it wouldn't help your situation in the end if I lied."


"I would like to support you, Hyuna-ssi."

"I see...I understand. There's no way around it."

"I'm sorry I couldn't help."

"Aniyo, I was the one who made an unreasonable request...I put you in an uncomfortable situation. So Hyun ah, mianhae."

*I'm glad...I feel a bit relieved.*

"Just...keep what we talked about before a secret from Byung Hun-ssi juseyo." I felt Hyuna's strong determination. She looked like she definitely wouldn't accept a no for an answer.

"N...ne...I won't tell anybody, so rest assured juseyo..."

"Ne, so So Hyun ah, I heard that you went to buy incense?"

"Eh...?"

"The Lee family 'Genuine' aloes wood. I've heard it is an extremely special incense that cannot be touched if you're not a member of the Lee family."

"Ne..."

*Why does she know that...?*

"Since you went to buy that incense...It means that you've been recognized as having the qualifications for succeeding the Lee family...That's wonderful, isn't it, So Hyun ah?" Hyuna said that with a smile. However, that smile felt very cold to me.

*Why does she even know about the succession...?*


"So Hyun ah, you've become Byung Hun-ssi's rival...With this, I think Byung Hun-ssi would definitely be in high spirits. Now, I'll take me leave. I hope to see you again."

"Ne..." Hyuna walked through the corriddor, her long hair fluttering behind her.

"I apologize for intruding. I hope to see you again soon."

"Take care on the way home juseyo." I saw Hyuna off the taxi and then sighed deeply. Hyuna took a while to leave. When she finally left, it was after taking her time to finish dinner.

"I wonder if Hyuna-ssi was waiting for oppa to come home..." 

 

When he came home to the estate, his headlights lit up every tree in the yard.

"Ah...Oppa is back."

"What's up? Did you come to meet me?"

"Hehe, you're wrong. I just saw Hyuna-ssi off."

"Hyuna? She came?"

"Ne..."

 

After parking the car in the garage, my brother came back looking sullen.

"Why was Hyuna-ssi here again...?"

"To see appa. She came after noon and just left now."

"She...might have been waiting for me..."

"Ne, probably..."

"I was right to make a stop on the way back. If I came home right away, I'd have run into her."

"Make a stop?"

"I bought this for you."


"I bought this for you." My brother handed me a small package.

"Eh? You bought a present for me?"

"Who knows."

"Jjinja? Gomawo! Can I open it?"

"Ne." 

 

When I opened the package, there was a book.

"Um...With this, you too can be a lady. A Book of Manners Starting Today. What is this?"

"Exactly what it looks like. You lack the proper 'quality' to be in the Lee family."

"M...mwoh? That's not true, right?"

"You just proved it."

"Ah..."

"Try to act a bit more reserved. There are only three days left."

"Eh? Why are there only three days left?"

"In three days, the two of us are going to Oregon. Memorize everything in that book before then."

"To O...Oregon...?" For me, the words Oregon only brought me pain...

 


 

Preview

"Hey, granny, what do you think it means? Regarding how I might succeed..."

"Well. However, be prepared to be told harsh things."

"Ne..."

 

Then...

"Yah, are you asleep already?"

*Eh...? Oppa isn't planning over to come over here, is he...?*

 


Author's notes

It's quite short again... :( Never mind. New chappie will up soon!! :)