Chapter 43

It Started With A DARE

(( a/n -- sorry for this lame update ))

 

"What do you want ?" I asked my mom as I sipped on my frappe. She drove to a coffee shop farther than the coffee shops who serve drinks that tastes really good.

 
"I can see that you're always sad and you dont really want to do this" She told me as she played with the straw in her cup. I just looked at her seriously.
 
"I'll tell you something so you can go back to South Korea" She told me as she looked at the window. 
 
"Tell me" I told her in a lower voice.
 
"I have an older brother who died in South Korea with his korean wife before I gave birth to you." My mom started. "They died in a car accident but their daughter survived it as her mom protected her. Before that incident, we had an argument on who will inherit the school. My brother doesnt want her daughter to inherit and manage the school when she's grown up so he wanted to hide her. I didnt want you to do this but because my brother died, I did his last wish." My mom told me as she remembered her memories with my late uncle. I just listened at her as she tells me what happened.
 
"That child had an amnesia because of the incident. I hid her. She grew up in an orphanage but now, she's living alone in an apartment near your father's. But now, I'm going to break my brother's wish. You will go back to South Korea and I will get your cousin to do this instead" My mom told me. She smiled at me and she held my hand tightly.
 
"But that's his very last wish. And he is your brother" I stressed out
 
"And you're my daughter" She answered. I expected this answer from her but I didnt know that it will take me aback. 
 
"Are you sure ?" That's the only thing that came out of my mouth. She nodded and smiled at me. "Thank you mom" I told her.
 
"Our only problem now is your grandparents. I still dont know if they will let you go back. They never listened to my explanations" She told me with a worried tone on her voice.
 
"Dont worry. I wont let them win this time. Let's go and we'll them together" My mom stood up and held her hand for me so I took it and stood up. I smiled at her and I saw her loving smile once again. The smile that I always miss. 
 
 
 
 
 
//
 
 
 
 
 
"What brings you here ?" My grandfather who is signing something asked my mom.
 
"Yuri needs to go back to South Korea" My mom told him. He stopped what he was doing and eyed my mom with his scary eyes but my mom stood still.
 
"Do you think I'll let her go ? Now that she's training for the school ? No. Go back and do your works" My grandfather said with his strong voice.
 
"But you have to listen" My mom told him. "I know where to find my brother's daughter" My mom told him and it made him look at her with his eyes full of anger.
 
"I told you not to mention Tarou anymore ! And his daughter died so you dont have any chance to do so" He said with a louder voice.
 
"You're wrong. Mina is alive." My mom answered also with a louder voice.
 
"Whatever you say. You're crazy. Yuri will stay here" He answered.
 
"I am her mom and I say that she will go back to South Korea. She will go back to her dad and live there." My mom answered 
 
"I am your father and you will do as I say" He told her
 
"Not this time" My mom shook her head and pulled me out of the room. She pulled me to my room and took two suitcases. She took some dresses and stuffed it inside my luggages. She went out to the mini veranda connected to my room to call someone and a few minutes later, she went in and sat beside me.
 
"Your flight will be tomorrow. You will leave without Mitsuko or anyone else. I'll send you to the airport by myself." She told me in a lower voice.
 
My room's door opened and my grandmother came in. 
 
"I heard everything" She said calmly.
 
"No one will stop me" My mom told her strongly.
 
"I'm not going to stop you. Just make sure you will bring Tarou's daughter here. I hope you understand how much we need someone to inherit this school and continue the work. We worked hard to build it not for ourselves but for you. We wont get this rich if not because of this school" She told us calmly and she went out of the room. I took my mom's hand and looked at her.
 
"Thank you mom" I told her while smiling. I can finally feel that she's my mom. I lost the feeling of having a mom when she got drown with the loads of works and she lost time for me. She handles the second branch of our school.
 
"I dont want you to be sad." She told me. She pulled me and embraced me with her warm hug. Over the years, this is the first time I felt her hug again. I missed this.
 
 
 
=====================//////////////////////////////======================
 
(( a/n ))
 
I'm gonna make things faster so it wont you bore you guys (: But I'm afraid you will deal with a lil bit short ( and lame ) updates I'll make ^~^
 
Comments, upvotes and subscriptions are highly appreciated. <3