Chapter 36

It Started With A DARE

 

[[ DONGHOON'S POV ]]
 
"Jiji" I called Jiji as soon as I reached my place. My seat is beside hers. She looked at me with a grin. She looks so happy. Maybe what I heard is true.
 
"Is it true ?" I asked her raising both my eyebrows and breathing heavily.
 
"What do you mean ?" Her grin faded away from her face and she looked at me curiously.
 
"Zelo ? Is he your boyfriend now ? I mean your real boyfriend ?" I asked her
 
"Yeah" She nodded and puffed her cheeks.
 
It feels like my whole world was destroyed. Jiji got the person she loves. Shouldnt I be happy ? The person I like is happy now. I should be happy, right ?
 
"Who told you ?" Jiji looked again at me curiously.
 
"It's just my friend. He said he heard Jongup and a college student talking about it" I nodded slowly and sat on my chair.
 
"Ohh, so Yongguk and Himchan oppa knows about it" Jiji mumbled.
 
"You do know what I feel for you, right ?" I asked her with a low voice and looked at her.
 
She gulped and shifted uncomfortably at her seat.
 
"Dont worry. I'm not going to beg for you to love me instead" I mumbled and stood up. I wanted to walk away but Jiji held my wrist. 
 
"I'm sorry" She mumbled. I removed her hand from my wrist gently and smiled at her.
 
I'm sad but I'm letting you go. You deserve to be happy.
 
Why can't I love someone who will love me back ? Is it true that I'm not cute ?
 
What if .... I try confessing to the girl I really like ? Aish. She wont like me. She likes books only. 
 
I left her and went to find my friends instead. I'm going to have fun and maybe skip class with them. Who cares about detention ?
 
 
 
 
 
//
 
 
 
 
 
 
[[ HYOSUNG'S POV ]]
 
 
*LUNCH BREAK*
 
 
"Unnie. Please ? Just please ? Try it. Who knows ? He might love you too that's why he befriended us." Jiji tugged on my uniform again and pleaded for me to confess. 
 
"For the nth time I'm not going to confess" I fixed my uniform and continued eating my sandwich.
 
She sighed and pouted.
 
"I just dont want to ruin our friendship" I patted her shoulder and sighed once again.
 
"But look at me ! If not because of what happened, I wouldn't know that he loves me too !" Jiji exclaimed.
 
"It's not always like that." I explained to her. 
 
Jiji sighed again.
 
She was quiet for a moment and I finished my sandwich until Zelo came. He sat beside Jiji and they started to talk. 
 
I'm wondering how Jiji didnt realize Zelo's hidden love for her. I can totally see it in his eyes. The way she looks at Jiji, the way he talks to her, he's a man in love.
 
I just watched them talk. I smiled at their sight. I'm happy for Jiji. Finally, she's happy. I know Zelo won't make her feel sad nor hurt her. 
 
Jiji has helped me. She saved me from a bully before and because of that, nobody tried to bully me. Because of the rumor about her being a queenka, nobody has ever dared to bully me. They're scared of Jiji. They think she's some girl who will kick their asses but no. To be honest, Jiji is fragile. She is really innocent and cute.
 
Even just a little, I felt envy at the new couple. I also want to have a boyfriend. I am also a person, I do have feelings. As I mentioned before, I love Donghoon but I'm sure he doesnt like me back. Why would he like a wallflower like me ?
 
Should I confess ?