Chapter 09

Artificial Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His flustered expressions were distinct when he came storming into the foyer. Yixing calmly glanced up from his book on the human body before casting it aside. Unlike the rest of the boys who were too occupied with either sleeping or checking out the colossal estate, Yixing decided to settle down for some one on one time with his favorite book. Yes, a book on the human anatomy. It was no surprise. Although Yixing was a businessman, and a successful businessman at that, he was interested in the field of medicine. 

            Glancing at his friend, Yixing spotted the brusied up nose almost instantly.“Something wrong, Kai?” Yixing’s innocent pose ticked Kai even though it was the slightest bit. Kai emitted yet another groan before stomping away. “It’s the girl he’s dating. She sure got the guts, punching him.” Letting out a chuckle, Yixing confirmed his suspicions.

****

            “Abeoji, you wanted to see me?”

            “Yes, Jong In has informed me that he will be dropping by around six’ o’ clock to pick you up. You should be ready by then so he doesn’t need to wait on you.”  I released a slight scoff, laughing at the irony that lied beneath the surface of the sentence.

            “I waited on him, therefore, he should be patient enough to wait on me, Abeoji.”

            “What do you even mean, Hana?”

            “…” Of course he wouldn’t understand. Nobody would understand my situation. I let out another sigh before standing up, “I’ll go get ready, Abeoji.”

            “Hana…” I heard my father call after me, but I continued walking. Just don’t, Abeoji.

****

            “Abeoji,” Kai was somewhat startled to find his father pacing back and forth in his office. He had already informed his father  through the phone about his friends momentarily staying at their house, to which his father was perfectly fine with. But it slipped his mind that his father would return on the day of Baekhyun’s gala.

            “Jong In, I think you should bring along your group of friends. After all, aren’t they friends with Baekhyun as well? It would be a nice reunion, wouldn’t it.”

            “Yes, I’ll go and tell them right now, Abeoji.”

            Mr. Kim nodded, “Alright, but before you go, I would like to ask you about the progression of your and Hana’s relationship.” Kai’s heart sunk with guilt, evidently recalling this morning’s event.

            The lie smoothly rolled out of his tongue, “We’re doing fine.” Mr. Kim warily cocked his eyebrow but it soon vanished, now superseded with a bright smile. “That’s great. I won’t hold you captive for any longer, and do not forget to pick up Hana at six’ o’ clock.”

            “Yes, Abeoji.”

****

            I tugged on the fabric, stretching it down to the more fitted position. The material hugged my curves beautifully; the dress highlighting my ant-like waist. The dress was a soft champagne yellow, with a sweetheart-neckline swooping down to show off a little of my cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter