Chapter 15

Artificial Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong In & Hana Park spotted at Incheon Airport

     The rising couple of Asia is once again the talk of the town. On a dreary morning of June 29th, at 6AM, the couple was seen boarding an airplane. Many citizens at the scene claimed that the two looked exhausted, nevertheless, they still managed to pull off the looks of celebrities. We’re all assuming that the two lovebirds are taking a trip elsewhere to relax. Let’s hope for all the best, and bonvoyage to the two!

****

            Krystal chucked the newspaper across the room, fury pulsing through her veins. “F.uck Hana Park!” She hollered as she thrashed around in her seat. Her eyes soon zoned in on the nicely set table, before knocking everything over with her flailing arms. Plates crashed against the hard-wood flooring, glass shattered everywhere.

            Baby wails soon erupted after the episode; maids scurried around the dining room trying to clean up the mess. Krystal squatted on the floor, trying to collect her thoughts. Her gaze diverted to her bleeding and slightly shaking hands. A few inches away from her body was the latest edition’s newspaper. You will regret ever dating Kim Jong In, Hana Park.

****

            “Hi, we’re here for the reservation under Kim Jong In,” I greeted the front receptionist with fluent English. After getting off our flight at exactly 11PM, we hailed a taxi at the airport and handed the driver the address to our hotel—the Marriott. It was located at the heart of Los Angeles, making it easy to access places around the city. We arrived at the lobby around 11:45PM, and from there we got our room card to one of the penthouse suites.

            Unfortunately, there was only one bed in the room.

            “I call dibs on the bed,” I said, “You can get the couch.” Without hesitating, I threw my luggage onto the king-sized bed, formally claiming it as my territory. I had expected a few incoherent curses coming from Kai, but to my surprise, he silently tucked away his bags in the closet and headed on over to the couch. For some odd reason, since we touched down on this foreign country, he’s been oddly mute. It’s as if somebody invisible plastered duct tape over his mouth, entirely sealing his lips.

            By now, he would have said some sarcastic comment or a failed pun. But he didn’t. Maybe he’s just tired, I thought to myself. Maybe. I shot one last glance at him before announcing, “I’m going to shower first.” And just like I had assumed, there was no answer.

****

            It didn’t make sense. The puzzle pieces just didn’t fit together. Kai frowned; wrinkles were etched on the corners of his lips. How could Sehun and Hana possibly know each other? Perhaps Chanyeol introduced them to each other. But as far as Kai was concerned, Chanyeol and Sehun weren’t all that close. He didn’t want to ask Hana, for he knew she would become suspicious. And he didn’t want that to happen. So he decided to ask her older brother.

            “Hey Chanyeol, I was wondering…have you ever introduced Sehun to your sister?” Kai silently prayed Chanyeol was awake at this time after he sent the text across the seas. He mentally calculated numbers in his head before realizing 12AM in L.A. was equal to the evening in Seoul. Of course he had to be awake.

            “Why are you asking me this?”

            “I’m just curious…I was thinking of introducing the rest of our friends to Hana when we get back.” The lie was easily typed out, coming to Kai’s mind almost instantly. Thank goodness he wasn’t talking Chanyeol face to face. Kai was never a good liar to begin with.

            “Well if that’s the case, nope,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter