Yunhee's Past

Back to Six Years Ago, When the First Time We Met

 

a/n: So sorry guys... I change the chapter into the new one. if before in this story i made Yunhee lost her memories, in this chapter i didn't make it like that. i rewrite everything. not just editing from before.. 

i hope you guys would enjoy this one. sorry for the late update :)

and so, please enjoy the story :)


 

Yunhee’s pov

 

“Because I killed my brother,” I said to Baekhyun. He didn’t say anything. He just stared at me.

“You killed your brother? How?” He asked curious was written on his face.

I didn’t answer. I was hesitating, should I tell him? I wanted someone to listen to my story. But for all this year, I can’t talked about thing to Yunhae or Yunho. My parent also, I can’t talked to them about this.

“You don’t have to answer that question. I was just curious. But if you don’t want others to know about that, then don’t tell.” He said as if he could read my mind. I just looked at him as if he was some alien.

“What? Don’t looked at me like that. I just think you must felt uncomfortable with this topic. So let’s change the topic. Beside the atmosphere become gloomy all of sudden.” He said again.

“No, I want you to listen to my story. I can’t tell this to anyone. Not even Yunhae or Yunho.” I finally said. For some reason I could trust him.

“Okay, tell me everything that you want to tell. I will listen to you.” He said.

“Thanks, hmmm. Where should I start?”

“From the start. I want to know everything about you.” He said.

“Okay. So I was born in a normal family. When I was little, my house was a normal size. It was a warm house. My father worked as a salary man. My mother stayed at home to take cared of Yunhae, Yunho, and me. In the family I am the maknae. I had an older brother. When we were born, my older brother already in four grade in elementary school. My older brother name was Daeho. That time, I didn’t have a good relationship with Yunhae and Yunho. We always fight with each other. Daeho oppa will always be there to separate us from fighting with my mom. I love him very much. In fact, I even said I would marry him in the future.” I said as I laughed a little bit when I remember that day.

 

Flashback

 

“Daeho oppa, I will marry you in the future. So wait for me to become an adult okay?” I said to Daeho oppa. We were at our house garden. That was the place with many flowers in it. There were sunflower, Red Tulip, Lily, and Jasmine.

“NO! I will be the one who will marry Daeho oppa! You can’t marry him. Because you are to stupid.” Yunhae said. I want to snapped back at her, but Yunho cut me.

“You are also stupid Yunhae! There’s no way brother and sister could marry each other.” Yunho said as he read his book about flower.

“What did you say?” Yunhae grabbed his book so he couldn’t read it anymore.

“Give me back my book stupid! Because you didn’t read book that’s why you are stupid.” Yunho said. That time, Yunhae was a tomboy girl. Yunho was a boy with sharp tongue with no gentleness. And I was a cry baby and always did what Yunhae and Yunho said.

Yunhae was mad with Yunho’s words. She pulled his hair really hard until Yunho cry. I tried to make them stop. And success. But not long after that Yunho pushed Yunhae until she fell. Yunhae fell with head first and her left eye was punctured by the flower stalk. Because of that, Yunhae’s left eye blind for one month until she got a surgery for her left eye. We thought the surgery success, but no. She could see again with two eyes, but only one eye could shed tears. And that was only her right eye.

After that incident, Yunhae and Yunho never fighting again. Yunho felt sorry about her. He became nicer toward us. But his sharp tongue never change. I think that was one of his hidden talent.

Nothing change with Yunhae or with me. Yunhae still a cheerful girl. No one know about the accident except our family. Yunhae still a tomboy girl and always smile. She didn’t want her friends discover about her eye so she decided to stay the way she is.

For me, I was still a good girl who always did and listened toward her elder said. I always became the first everytime the final test result came. Along with Yunho. Yunhae was only average that time.

When I was four, Daeho oppa brought her girlfriend home. I was disappointed that time. But I also happy because I could get an unnie. His girlfriend name was HyeRin. She was a beautiful and cheerful girl. She was smart, just like Daeho oppa. She could play instrument and her voice was like an angel or a mermaid. Almost everyday she came to our house. Daeho oppa really love her. And so did her. They love each other so much.

My parent knew about Daeho oppa’s girlfriend. They also accept her. We all love her so much. That time I thought something like ‘if she was the one who will marry Daeho oppa, then I don’t mind’. But at the end, she didn’t marry her. She was died when she want to come to our house.

The cause was because she tried to save a pregnant woman from falling from the stairs at the subway. That day was winter. And the night before, the snow was falling and made the stairs a little bit slippery. The woman was saved, but in exchange she was the one who fell. She hit her head really hard and died at the place. Daeho oppa was with Hyerin eonnie, but it seemed like he was doing something when the accident happened.

And after Hyerin eonnie death, Daeho oppa locked his room and didn’t let anyone to come in. Not even me, his favorite dongsaeng.  I took him three months for him to move on. After those three months, he became cheerful and gentle like before. The difference was there wasn’t any sincere in everything he did.

Years pass like that, nothing special happened. Not even in my birthday. Daeho oppa was busy with his study. Because he decided to forget about Hyerin eonnie, he made himself very busy.

So it’s like that until I was eight years old. Our parent business was success. They did music course. And so we move to the house that we stayed right now. We also move our school to the high class one.

One day after we moved,  There was a girl infront of my house.  I was walking alone that time. Yunhae and Yunho have a cause after school. I also had, but that day I was free.

I walked closer to her. Then I realize that she wore the same uniform as my brother. Beside her was girl version. My brother was at SM Art High. He attended the special class. He studied for music compose. He wanted to became a composer. His future was bright. He could be a very successful composer.

I approached the girl. She seemed very confuse. She was holding something in her hand. It was in brown envelope.

“Excuse me, What can I help you?” I asked the girl. She seemed very surprise to saw me.

“I.. I… want to give this to Daeho. Is he at home?” She said as she bowed and pushed the brown envelope toward me. I was quite surprise by her action.

“He is. You can come in first. I will called Daeho oppa.” I said and opened the gate.

“Umm, may I asked you something? Who are you? I never heard that Daeho have a sister.”

“Well, he doesn’t has a sister. But he has sisters. And a little brother. We are triplets.” I said as I smiled and opened the door.

“I’m home.” I said. This was my habit. Always say ‘I’m home’ even though there was nobody at home.

“You can sit there. I will called him and make drinks. What eonni want?” I said to her politely. She was looking at our house. It seemed she was impressed. Well this house was designed by Daeho oppa. He was quite amazing artist.

“Ah, ne. Everything was fine.” She said.

“Okay. Sit first, I will called my brother.” I said and smiled. She sat down and looked around one more. I was chuckling when I saw her reaction. I curious, what was her reaction when she knew the designer for this house’s interior was my brother.

I left her alone at living room. I went to my brother room and called him. Not long after that he came to living room and greeted her. I made some ice sweet tea for both of them.

“Excuse me.” I said as I placed the tea.

“Yunhee. Come here, let me introduce you. She is my friend from SM Art. Her name is Hae Rin.” Daeho oppa said.

“Ah, Ne! Annyeonghaseo, Lee Yunhee imnida.” I said and bowed politely.

“Aigoo, You have a cute little sister. She is really polite. Come Yunhee, let sit together.” She said and patted her seat beside her. She was really different from the girl that I saw some minutes ago.

I was curious about Daeho oppa’s relationship with Haerin eonni. So I asked him this question.

“Oppa, is she your girlfriend? You rarely brought your friends home. Even a boy.” I said. And then I saw Daeho’s oppa reaction. That was the same one when I asked this question for HyeRin eonni. Daeho oppa was blushing.

“Err. Well, she is my new girlfriend. I planned to introduce her when you guys are complete. But I guess your curiosity eat you. Well, Haerin is my new girlfriend. Be good to her okay?” He said and ruffled my head. I was really happy that he finally found a girl. Also, Haerin eonni really looked like Hyerin eonni. Not physically, but mentally.

“Woah! Jjinja? You are not kidding. Are you?”

“No. that would be cruel for her if I was kidding.”

“Woah… You should tell Yunhae unnie, Yunho oppa, appa, and umma. And we will have a party! Yay!” I said and jumped  around.

“Hey! So you just want the party heh?” He asked. Actually, no. I hope Haerin unnie could bring your old self back.

“Yes! What else?” I asked jokingly.

“Be prepare Yunhee. Because right now I will have my wrath on you.” He said. By that I knew the meaning. That means he will tickle me. And I, Lee Yunhee, forever will always hate to be tickled.

I started to running around the house. Haerin unnie just laughed at our interaction. We chased each other for ten minutes. We stopped when Yunhae and Yunho come.

I quickly run over to Yunhae and Yunho.

“Yunhae eonni! Yunho oppa! Ppali ya! Daeho oppa bring her girlfriend home!” I shouted from inside. Yunhae and Yunho immediately run over to us.

“What?! Who?! Is she beautiful?” Yunhae the first one to come in.

“Yah Yunhae!! Don’t push me! Stupid gorilla looked like girl! Come back here! Because you pushed me, my things were falling!” Yunho yelled from the hallway.

“Whatever with your things! Better you come here really fast! Daeho’s oppa girlfriend really is beautiful! But not as beauty as me.” She said jokingly. Daeho oppa hit her head because her words and her action for Yunho.

“Ouwie! Oppa! Why did you hit me?” Yunhae asked

“Because you pushed Yunho.” He said and went to the hallway. Not long after that Daeho oppa and Yunho came with Yunho pouting.

“Hyung! Why did you hit me too? I did nothing wrong.”

“Because you badmouthing Yunhae. Aish, you two never change. At least learn a bit from Yunhee calmness.”

“Oppa, if all the people in this world are like Yunhee, then this world isn’t interesting anymore. The wordl became interesting because of me.” Yunhae said. I was standing near Haerin eonni. She was smiling really wide when she saw our interaction.

“Haerin eonni. They were my twins. I was the maknae. The eldest is Yunhae, and the second is Yunho.”

“Yunhee, you guys really looked alike.” Haering eonni said and didn’t leave her eyes from those three.

“Of course. We are identic twins.”

“Is that so? So good for you, you have such a lively siblings. I also want a siblings. Could I take you home?”

“But eonni, I am your dongsaeng right now. You have three other siblings. And this is also your home.” I said and smile at her. She looked at me in surprise. She looked like she was about to cry.

“Eonni, let’s go to them.” I said again and pulled her.

“Yunhae eonni, Yunho oppa. Introduce yourself to Haerin eonni!”

“Ah ne! Annyeong hasseyo. Lee Yunhae imnida.” Yunhae said and bowed politely.

“Annyeonghasseyo, Lee Yunho imnida.” Yunho said and bowed politely too.

“Nee, it’s nice to meet you two. My name is Haerin by the way. Hope we could get a long.” Haerin eonni said.

“Oppa, unnie, Let’s play something!” Yunhae said cheerfully.

“Okay! What do you want to play?”

“Let’s play killed Yunho,” She said and smiled widely. But not long after that, she got three hit on her head. That was from me, Daeho oppa, and Yunho.

“Be serious!”

“Arasso arasso. Let’s play wii then.” She said. After that we played until seven p.m. we ate dinner and after that Daeho oppa sent Haerin eonni home.

It has been 3 years since Daeho oppa and HaeRin eonni started dating. I could see that Daeho’s oppa old self was back. He became gentle and kind. And in everything he did, there was sincere.

That day, was my birthday. I mean Yunhae, Yunho, and my birthday. Every year Daeho oppa will brought us to places. Only one people could request the place. And that was decided by some games. That day game was music games. That was advantage for me. Among the three of us, I was the best with music. Yunhae was the best with dance, and Yunho the best with study. Well in other peoples eyes, we just a bunch of genius kid who could do anything. We could dance, play music instruments, and we have a very good grade. Well, after our transferal, Yunhae study really hard.

That day, since I was the one who win. I could decide the place. And I told him I want to go to the place with many trees, waterfall, and river. So Daeho decided to have a picnic.

We went to national forest. We have our picnic near the river. That day, Taeyeon, our neighbor also there. In fact every year Taeyeon always come with us. We always celebrate our birthday together. Hae Rin eonni also there. She always came to our birthday this past three years.

We played in the river. The flow was quite strong. So It was dangerous to played in the water. But if we only played at the side, it was still okay.

We played around. Daeho oppa and Haerin eonni sat and watched us. They had their date and I don’t want to interrupted.

We played until it was time for lunch. We were tired from the play. We carefully came back to the side. Daeho oppa was at the side and called us. Haerin eonni was preparing the lunch for us. We came back to from the river. Because my feet were wet, the way there was slippery for me. I wasn’t carefull enough, so I slip my feet. I was really sure I will fall and swept away by the flow. But I was still there. Only some scratch at my knee.

Then I looked around. All the people was gathered around me and started to panic.

“One person was swept away!” Someone shouted. I looked at the direction and saw a body was swept away.

 That body ask for help.  I didn’t know whose body was that, but then I realize that body was Daeho’s oppa. I only sat there and looked at the people who tried to save Daeho oppa. Daeho oppa could be save because he hit the rock. But he hit his head first. Because the flow was really hard, he hit head really hard too. I didn’t know what happened next. The only thing I knew was darkness. Everything was in black. So I didn’t know anything anymore.

Next day, I was in hospital room. Yunhae was beside me. I looked around and I could saw Haerin unnie and Yunho at the other side. I searched for the other one. But he wasn’t there.

“Unnie, Where is Daeho oppa?” I said. My voice was really hoarse.

“Yunhee? You are awake? Oh my! Thanks God!” Yunhae said and kneeled down. Haerin eonni and Yunho oppa were hugging each other in joy.

“Why? How long did I sleep?”

“You sleep for one week. The doctor said, when you slip, you hit you head first a little bit. And he said that you are also in shocked before you passed out. He said that you will be awake in less than two weeks.” Haerin eonni said.

“Oh? Then what happened to Daeho oppa? I remember that he was swept away by the flow.” I said as I tried to sit.

No one answered that question. I looked around and I saw their expression were change.

“What happened?” I asked. I afraid of something bad happened to him.

“Yunhee-ah. Daeho oppa was passed away.” Yunho said. When I heard that I felt like my world crush down.

“Daeho oppa was in critical condition. He was brought to the hospital. But he only could hang in there for two days. He lost so much blood in his brain. And in his there was a lot amount of water. Probably he drank water when he was swept away.” Yunhae said. Yunho was crying. Haerin eonni was crying. Yunhae tried to hold back her tears. But there was me. Sat at the hospital bed and looked at the space. I don’t have any feeling to cry.

“Daeho oppa die?” I asked in disbelieve. Everyone in the room nodded. I didn’t know what to do anymore.

“I know I am selfish, but can you all get out from my room? I want some time alone.” I said to them. I was really shocked.

“Okay, called me when you need me.” Yunhae said as she cry.

“Thanks.” I said and still looked to front. I was really lost that time. It as if my happiness was being swept away from me. That day, I couldn’t sleep even one.

One week later, I got discharge from hospital. I still didn’t cry. And since that day, I change in many way. I became really cold for the first year. I didn’t opened up to everyone. I didn’t smile anymore. I didn’t laugh anymore. I also didn’t call Yunhae unnie anymore. Same with Yunho. And the sunbae from my school. Yunhae also became more girlish. And Yunho’s sharp tongue also disappear.

After I go discharge from the hospital, I visited Daeho’s oppa grave. And that was the first time I cried after I knew the news about his death. I cried really hard. As if I cry for one years. I was crybaby, but I never cry this hard. Even though I cried, there will always be Daeho oppa to make me stop crying. But I was at Daeho’s oppa grave, crying infront of his grave, and none could make me stop.

End flashback

 

I told Baekhyun everything. I already cry. In fact everytime I remember about it, I will always cry. I buried my face in my hand. I didn’t want to face Baekhyun like this.

“Yunhee, don’t cry.” Baekhyun said as he hugged me. He caressed my back. But that made me cry even more. He made me remember how Daeho oppa stop me from crying.

After that Baekhyun didn’t say anything. He suddenly pulled away from the hug. He leaned in to my face. I didn’t know what he want to do. I only knew it when Baekhyun’s lips land on mine.

He kissed me!!!

He really shocked me. I stop crying from the moment he kissed me. Not long after that, he pulled away and smile at me. I just looked at him.

“So, that’s true. When a girl cry, you just need to kiss her.” He said and smiled widely. I still don’t know what happened, I just stared at him.

He kissed me

He kissed me

He kissed me

That were the words that kept replaying in my mind.

“Hello Yunhee. Still there?” Baekhyun wave his hand infront of my face. Then I realize it and started blushing.

“Why?”

“Why? ‘Why’ what?”

“Why did you kissed me? That was my first kiss you know!” I said in furious tone.

“Oh? Well, so you could stop crying. And that was my first kiss too.” He answered.

“But there were many way to make me stop crying!”

“That one the most effective. See, you stop cry.” He said and smiled.

“You-“

“Ah, you want me to kiss you again?” he cut me.

“No!” I said. I could felt my face is burning.

“Ah. But you face didn’t say no.” He teased me.

“No! I said no is no!” I said and looked away.

“Yunhee!” He called me. I didn’t looked at him. But his hand cupped my face and make my face turn to him.

He leaned in again. I leaned back, he leaned in. again like that until I couldn’t leand back. Knowing I couldn’t leaned back again he smirk. I swear I was blushing.

I looked at him in his eyes. Just for three seconds, i already lost in his eyes.

“Yunhee, I love you,” He said and kiss me again.

I closed my eyes and kissed back.

I could felt my burning face and my fast heartbeat.

I don’t know what this feeling I felt right now. But for sixteen years in my life, this is the best feeling that I ever had.  

 


a/n: So, how is this story? i hope you guys like it. and Comment like always :)