About Baekhyun's Past and Dream

Back to Six Years Ago, When the First Time We Met

Baekhyun's pov

 

"Then i will bring you a bouquet fill with red tulip,"  I said. 

"Baek? You know what that mean?" She asked. 

"Yeah. I know it."

"Then why did you say that?" 

"Because i love you." I confessed. There was no way to turn back. I will face it.

She didn't answer. She just stared at me, as if i was lying. Of course she would do that. Who will believe it? We just know each other for one or two weeks, and here i am saying i love you.

"Err, You. You serious?" She asked again.

"Yes. Lee Yunhee, i am serious. I am in love with you. I was denying it before, saying i was tired because my heart started to beat so fast whenever you are near. And lately i was imaginating us doing things that only couple do. I was denying it at first. There is no way i am in love with you after we met for one or two week. But i accepted it. I fall in love with you. I don't know about you, but," I paused. I breathed in and continue.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" i said. Yunhee didn't answer it. She only stared at me, then she started blushing.

"I... I... Don't k-" 

"Stop. I don't want to hear any rejection. You don't have to give me the answer. Just know me more, and when the time you know me the best, i will asked you again." I said. I was a coward. I didn't want to hear her answer, so i cut her. 

"Baek, listen. I am happy to know that you love me. But i am willing to know you better. I also want you to know me better. I think i will disapointed you when you know me better. I am sorry, i can't be your girlfriend now." She said. At the end, she reject me. 

I smiled at her. I gave her my best smile. I was sad she reject me, but this is what i expected. 

"It's okay. I understand that." I said and smile bitterly.

"Baek, i'm sorry," She said and looked down. 

"I said it's okay. So friends now?" I said as i gave her my little finger.

"No, We are bestfriend." She said as she gave me her little finger. We both smile. I am still sad, but somehow i can't be sad that long. Well it still better than nothing right?

After that little confession, we walked around the garden. We were talking as we walked. We did that so we could know each other well.

"So Baekhyun, What is your dream?" She asked.

"I want to be a singer. From i was a child i always want to be a singer."

"Really? That's why you worked so hard so you could be accepted to this school?"

"yeah. I try everything, but always fail. Then Chanyeol asked me to join this youth battle with them, i agree and now here i am."

"Really? Why this school? There are many school can bring you to your dream faster than this school."

"Because my dream is to be SM's singer. And when i was in junior high, i try the audition to be SM's trainee, but failed. I try again and again, the resulted always the same. I ever think about give up, but i can't."

"You are amazing huh? If that was me, i will give up after the second try. But, why do you really want to be a singer? Especially SM's singer." 

"That was because i made a promise with my mother."

"Really? What promise?"

"Of course to be SM's singer."

"Oh yeah. Tell me how can you made that promise." She said.

"Hmm, let's started with her second pregnant. When she was pregnant Taeyeon, her condition wasn't that well. The doctor told her to abort the baby. But being a great mother she was, of course she decline that. She want the baby to be born." I said as i remember my days with my mom.

"She was stubborn. The doctor even said that if she continue that, he affraid that my mom and the baby can't be save. That was when she was four months pregnant. " I continued. Then i remembering the time when my mom still alive.

*FlashBack*

 

"Umma, how is the baby?" I asked when i visited her at hospital. That time i was five years old.

"Aigoo Baekhyunnie, how sweet of you asked your little brother or sister." 

"Hehehe, Of course. Because i will be the best oppa or hyung for my dongsaeng." I said and smiled cheerfully.

"That's my son." She ruffled my hair. I hugged her waist and burried my face in her belly. 

Not long after that i was asleep. I was asleep for thirty minutes. I want to wake up when i heard my father talking.

"Hi Eunjung. Not asleep?" My father said.

"No, not yet. I'm not tired yet." My mother said.

"Eunjung-a, i have something i will tell you."

"What is that?"

"I was talking with the doctor before i get here. And he said that it was the best to abort that child."

"Again? I won't abort my child. I will surely make it come to this world safely."

"But darling, The posibility was small. Very small. It only have 5% chance."

"Then i will bet with that 5%." My mother said stubbornly.

"But darling. You will die if you continue this. And i don't want that. I want you to stay alive." 

"And then? I will alive, but i will regret everything for abort this baby."

"But we can try again right?"

"So? It will be a different baby. It will be different."

"But, the doctor said that the baby can't be alive also. Even if you give birth to it, the result will be the same. The baby will be die, you also."

"Don't say that darling. Die or not, i will make sure this baby come to this world."

"But-"

"Umma," I cut my father. I finally opened my eyes. My parents were shocked when they saw me.

"Baek? You are awake?" My mother said.

"Baekhyun? How is your sleep?" My father said and smile.

"Umma, I don't want umma to go. Stay here until i become an adult." I said.

"Baekhyun? What did you mean?" My mom asked me.

"You will die right? If you give birth to my dongsaeng?" I asked again. My parents shocked when they heard that.

"You heard that?" My father asked.

"Ne appa. Mianhaeyo." I said and looked down. I was crying. I didn't want my mother to go.

"Baekhyun-a. Everything was alright. I won't die Baek. Your father was joking. Everything will be alright." My mother said. 

"Is t-that t-true?" 

"Yes. Of course. How can i die when i am this healthy?" My mother said. My father just stood there and watched us. 

"Promise me? You will watch me grow up and be adult?" I said. That time, i was considered as a smart kid. 

"Ne, i promise. Looked at the tv Baek. There is a BoyBand. The band name is H.O.T. They are cool right?" My mother said as she change the subject. As a smart and naive kid, i just looked at the tv screen. My mood was down before. But after i saw the band my mood lit up.

"Umma! They are so cool."

"Ne. They are really cool."

"One day, i will became like them. And when the time come, Umma, Appa, and dongsaeng will come to my concert. Watch me dancing and singing at the stage with cool music." 

"Yeah. I will come to the concert and watch my son sing on the stage with his bandmate. Aigoo, you must be really cool. And girls will praise you like you are a God." 

"Yup yup. Umma must be very proud right?"

"Very proud."

"Hehehe, Umma, where is appa?"

"Maybe buy some drink? Don't worry about him. Appa won't be lost." She said. Not long after that my appa come and told me that i need to go home and do my homework and sleep. Umma also need some rest, so i went home.

Four months later my mom tummy became really big. She was eight months pregnant. And her conditione became worse and worse day by day. Her pregnancy was very dangerous. But my mom didn't care about that. She didn't give up until the very end.

That time, everyday i visited my mom. Sing for her, made her happy, and help her with everything. My father became very busy because he need to work very hard for hospital expense. My father will came by every sunday for one hour, then he back to work. My father finally respect my mother choice. He was prepared for the bad and good things.

One month pass. Finally it was the last month for pregnant. I came just like the usual. I was singing for her like usual. It became my habit to sing for my mom. I did my homework at hospital. My mom will help me with that. I also gave her my paper test. I always tried my best so that my mom won't be dissapointed. 

I always work hard since i was little. My mom always taught me to never give up at everything. She always cheered me up. I loved my mom very much. She was everything for me. 

One day, when i was visiting her, she asked me something.

"Baekhyun-a, What is your dream?"

"Huh? Dream? hmm.. I want to be a singer like the hyungs you told me from five months ago." I said.

"Really? Is that because i promise you or because you want that?"

"At first it was because the promise. But after everyday singing for mom, i really want to become a singer. I really want everyone to smile like mom and the nurses did when you heard me sing." I said honestly.

"Good then. Remember to never give up your dream ne? If you failed that doesn't mean the end. It means the begining for everything. Try again and again. If you feel tired, it's okay to take a rest, but just don't give up. Arasso?" That time, i didn't understand the meaning of that words. So i just nodded.

"Maybe, right now you didn't understand that. But when you grow up, you will know it little by little." She smiled at me and ruffled my hair. I really like it when my mom did that. 

We watched the television. We watched some music programme. That was amazing. Everyday my passion to became a singer became really big. Everytime i saw the programme, i always smile. But not that day. That day was the first day i didn't smile when i saw music programme.

We watched the television like normaly we did. But that day was the day when my dongsaeng want to came out. My mom told me to called the nurse. I called the nurse, and the came hurriedly. They brought my mom to surgery room. That time was the first time i became really affraid to face something. 

I want to entered the room, but the nurse told me not. Because i didn't know what to do, the nurse told me to call my father. I called my father and not long after that my father came with worried expression. I ran to him and cry. He carry me and calmed me down. I calmed down and fell asleep. 

I don't know what happened next. I asleep for two hours. Then i woke up. I only saw my father there. Walking around and can't sit still.

"Appa. Where is umma?" I asked. My father surprised when he saw me awake.

"Umma still giving birth to your dongsaeng. She will be fine, don't worry." He said.

"Appa, i want to see umma."

"You can't right now. Later, i will bring you to your umma after she gave birth to your dongsaeng." He said. Not long after that, the doctor and some nurse came out. My father asked the doctor about my umma condition. I also stood up and go toward my father.

"Congratulation sir, your wife gave birth to a little girl. The baby is healthy, but your wife is in critical condition." The doctor said. 

"Little boy, congrats. You will become an oppa. Take care of your dongsaeng arasso?" The doctor said to me. I just nodded and smile a little bit. I will became an oppa!

"Mr. Doctor, can i see my little sister and mom?" I asked the doctor politely.

"Of course. Don't be noisy. You umma is asleep. She was tired to gave birth the baby." The doctor said and then he go.

"Appa, ppali! I want to see my dongsaeng." I said cheerfully. I totaly forgot about my umma critical condition.

I entered the room, then i saw the baby in the nurse arm. My mom was next to her, but there were many cable attached to her body. I asked the nurse but the nurse just said that was a medicine that my mom need to consume. Because she was asleep, she couldn't drink any water, so she used the cable.

"Sir, What do you want to name her?" The nurse asked.

"I, I want to discuss it with my wife. Can you wait for a little bit?" My father asked.

"Okay sir, but we need the name as fast as posible. We need to make the document for her birth." 

"Yes, i will found the suitable name, soon." My father said. The nurse left us after that. With the baby so she could brought her to incubator room.

 

Three days after she gave birth to my dongsaeng, my mother woke up. That time i already thought about her name. I already told my father, but my father said that we need to wait for my mother to woke up. Truthfully, i was sad that my mom didn't woke up for three days. Everyday i always visited her, but she never woke up. I even sang for her, but she didn't woke up and smile for me. 

When she woke up, i was really happy. It was a lie if i didn't happy. I called my father after knowing that my mom woke up. My father come immediately. 

"Umma! Finally you wake up. You sleep to long umma. I want to tell you the name i choose for my little sister." I said cheerfully. My mom just gave me a weak smile. 

"Really? What is the name?" 

"Taeyeon. The meaning is Beauty. It also means calm." I said as i smiled.

"Okay. Taeyeon then."

"Eh? Honey, don't you think that will be wierd with our family name?" My father said.

"Well, maybe. But it's okay. The meaning is beauty and calm right? So it will be okay." My mother said.

"yey! My dongsaeng's name will be Taeyeon!" I said and jumped around the room.

"Honey, you spoiled our son too much." 

"It's okay darling. As long as he happy, it's okay." She said and after that we chat all the day until the visit time end.

Days later my mom was in coma. And later that day my mom passed away. I was crying very hard.  

*Flashback end*

 

 

"I never know that." She said after hear my story.

"of course. In fact no one knows that." 

"really? Only me? Not even Chanyeol?" 

"Yup"

"Wow, i feel special. Oh yeah, Then why Taeyeon live seperated from you?" She asked me.

"Oh that? At first my father told me, every child need a woman to take care, and because my mom alread passed away, she was taken care by my aunt. But when i was eleven i finally understand why she was taken care by my aunt."

"Why?"

"Remember when i said that he told my mom to aborted her? I guess he felt guilty or whatever. So he didn't want to meet her." 

"Oh. Wow, i learned so much about you." She said. 

"hehehe.. I already told you about my dream and my past. Now is your turn to tell me everything."

"Me?"

"Yes. You Yunhee. Who else? What is your dream?"

"My dream is to become a composer." 

"Wow! Really? Then you should make songs for me. I will sing the song you compose." I said. 

"I will think about it. May be i will, or not?" 

"EH? Don't we friends?"

"Yup. But that doesn't mean i will do everything you said," She said. I was shocked to hear her replied.

"You are so mean, Yunhee." 

"HAHAHAH! Just kidding. You are so funny! And hey, you are a boy. Boy shouldn't pout like that." She laughed at me. I looked at her. I listen to her laugh. That was a music for me.

"Okay. I will make songs for you." She said again. 

"Really?"

"Yes!" 

"Then, before that. You should tell me your past." I said. And in instant, her smile dissapear. Her cold face appear. She also didn't talk for along time. Looked like she was considering something.

"Well, It was nothing. Just a dark past." She said.

"How can that be?"

"Because i killed my brother."


a/n: Long update... Sorry if yesterday i didn't update. I didn't have any idea or what should i write yesterday, so i didn't update. 

SO how is this chapter?? And as always, Comment okay?

Thanks and sorry for the late update :)