DRIVE

Quid Pro Quo

 

 

After that ludicrous week-end Chaerin encountered, she is back to her usual daily routine but as much as she was trying to avoid him. He always seems to make sure he appeared at least once to her day.

 

It was ridiculous, irritating, and a little fun. He always does these stunts to ruin her day and she makes sure she gets even.

 

Quid Pro Quo.

 

Monday, she was going home from grocery shopping. She had to walk pass through Jiyong’s house so she could go to hers. Jiyong was getting off his car that time. When he saw her, he waved a hand to say hello but Chaerin pretended to not see him. Jiyong didn’t appreciate that one bit so he grabbed an empty water bottle and hurled it towards her. It hit her back. Without double thinking, Chaerin took an egg from her groceries and threw it, hoping she aimed at his head. It did. When Jiyong was about to lunge at her, she scurried to the safety of her home.

 

Tuesday, she woke up to grab her mails. The moment she stepped out of her house, she immediately regretted parking her Range Rover at the driveway. Jiyong took his time hurling eggs to her car. Reluctantly, she washed her car with a water hose as she kept a Hawkeye glare to Jiyong’s front door, waiting. When she spotted her prey, she aimed the hose at him completely drenching him. They glared at each other then Jiyong stomped his way back into the house.

 

Wednesday, Chaerin was eating breakfast that time when she heard a crash sound coming outside. She immediately got on her feet and checked it outside. He saw Jiyong hitting her garbage can again but this time he was doing it purposely. He was grinning at her then with a wave he drove off.  Night came, while Jiyong was probably sleeping, Chaerin successfully put holes to Jiyong’s tires.

 

Next morning, Chaerin was dressed for work. She was backing up her car when Jiyong block his body behind it. Not caring if she’ll run him over, not like it’s not a possibility. But Chaerin did stop. Instantly, Jiyong moved beside the passenger’s seat. He slammed his fist to the door and ordered for her to open it. He’s mad. She wanted to drive off but Jiyong seems pretty desperate. So she unlocked the door.

 

“You had gone way too far, Chaerin.” He stated climbing on the passenger’s seat.

 

“What the he-“

 

“I need a ride.” He said slamming the door.

 

“Take a bus or something!” She argued.

 

“I’m going to be late.” He glared at her. “You owe me a ride. I need to be at work now.” He stated seriously. She was going to say she can’t because she also doesn’t want to be late at work but stopped because Jiyong’s expression was really scary.

 

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

 

“Fine. Where do you work?”  She asked starting her car.

 

“YGE.” He answered grabbing the hot chocolate thermos cup of Chaerin. Chaerin shoot him a death glare but he ignored it. He started sipping the hot chocolate as Chaerin drive headed for YGE.

 

“What do you do?” Well, she got to ask. YG is one of the prestigious entertainment companies in South Korea. The people there are just wow.

 

Jiyong thought for a moment. “I guess I produce.” She glance at him and scoffed. Yeah, right.

 

“You don’t believe me?” He asked finally relaxing. It really pissed him off that she put a hole to the tires of his precious white Bentley GT but it did gave him the chance to try her Black Autobiography Range Rover which he admits it pretty cool.

 

Chaerin thought about it. He does have the aura of a producer and it would be unlikely if he lied. “So you’re a producer. That’s amazing.” She said wanting to once at least have a normal conversation.

 

Good thing he thought the same. “Music’s my life.” Chaerin almost chuckled. She wondered if he got that statement from a shirt. She spared a glance at him. Oh... He’s serious. He had this expression of someone really loving his career and if you dare bull with it, you’re dead. So she shut . He smiled at her and focused his attention outside the car.

 

“How did you got in YGE? I heard it’s pretty difficult. YG’s really picky.”

 

“He recruited me.” He answered as if it was the best time of his life. “I used to DJ at a club that YG's artists always visits. Then one night, YG approached me and asked me to work for him.”

 

“Just like that?” Chaerin asked pretty amaze. Jiyong must really be something. “He walked towards you and asked you to work for him. No more negotiations and everything?”

 

“No bulls. He said if I want to work for him, all I need is to go in YGE the next day and do this process.” He smiled that boyish-carefree smile. Oh, cute.  Chaerin thought.

 

“How old were you that time?”

 

“I was nineteen. I’m working for him for 7 years now.”

 

“Oh. You’re something.” She said in amazement, Jiyong grinned. So he’s 26 years old.  A year older than me. But then she wondered about something and didn’t hesitate asking. “You’re a producer and a landlord?” Jiyong immediately smiled at her curiosity. It was just so cute.

 

“My parents forced me to manage those landlord duties. I declined at first. I was really busy but they said all I had to do was to collect the money and makes sure nothing bad happens “ he frowned for a second then smiled. “And they threaten me that if I don’t accept they’ll disown me. ” He explained making Chaerin laugh. He smiled back noting the cute rainbow eyes she have when she laugh. Like a kitty.

 

“So where are your parents now?” Jiyong raised a brow. She’s a very curious kitty.

 

“Well, they are in Gyeonggido.”

 

“In Pocheon?” He nodded. He didn’t want to talk about his life anymore so to change the subject.

 

“So what about you?” He asked looking genuinely interested of what her story is.

 

Her answers were straight to the point. “I worked in Elle Magazine branch in Korea, Editor in Chief. I like it. I love fashion.” He was going to ask about her parents to make it fair but they were already in front of YGE.

 

Nah, I’ll ask her next time.

 

“Go now. I have to get to work too.” Jiyong nodded and got out the car. 

 

"I'm still not okay with you putting holes to my tires." He said grimly. She chuckled. "But thankyou for the ride."

 

"No problem." Then Jiyong closed the door, she salute then drove off towards Elle.

 

-

 

Chaerin sighed. It was a good thing they reached YG Entertainment before he inquired about her life story. It was palpable. Just by looking in his eyes, she knew he’ll also be asking for her parents. That’s their style, an eye for an eye. But Chaerin doesn’t want to share that part of her life and earned that pitiful expression again.

 

My parents died when I was ten. It was sad but I got over it. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.

 

-

 

A/N: Pretty boring, but the two had to have a moment. ^^ Comment Please ^^