CHANCE

Quid Pro Quo

 

 

 

Chaerin almost died of laughing at Jiyong. All worries and irritation evaporated once they reached their destination. Nothing matters but the present at this moment. She grinned as she admired the people sliding at the cold ice.

 

 

A Skating Rink.

 

 

There are only few who were using the rink. It was already pass 6 pm and by the look of it a majority of the skaters are couple and trainees.

 

 

She cannot believe Jiyong's really pleasant plan was a skating rink. The pleasant plan really is not even close to what she was expecting. When Jiyong did his job being a chauffeur courtesy of the bet, She actually though he will be bringing her to a club or something that was in line with Jiyong's personality. To think that he will be bringing her to a skating rink shocked her. The idea was more like amusing than pleasant.

 

 

She chuckled again. It was too teenager-ie. "I can't believe this." Her eyes lingered a little too long at the rink before settling it to Jiyong's eyes.

 

 

Instead of getting insulted by the lack of appreciation, Jiyong grinned at her. Chaerin rarely laugh when they were together. It's either she was kicking his or arguing with him. It was actually nice to see and hear it even though she was laughing at him not with him.

 

 

By the way her eyes sparkle and the excitement radiating on her, He knew that moment Chaerin liked the skating rink.

 

 

Hoho. One point for Kwon Jiyong!

 

 

"I think corporal attire is not very apt in this situation." Chaerin said smiling adorably, eyeing the paper bag Jiyong had been carrying. She didn't know what it was before but had a clear idea now.

 

 

Jiyong smirked as he handed the bag to Chaerin. It was a pair of shirt and jeans for her. Heck, he thought of everything. He deserved a pat on the back.

 

 

Chaerin squealed like a teenager. "I'm going to change. Wait for m-"

 

 

She gasped when Jiyong pulled her towards him, his arm circling her waist. "I want a kiss." He demanded softly.

 

 

Chaerin grinned and smacked her lips to his cheek. Then she wiggled for escape and ran towards the bathroom.

 

 

"Pffft. I was hoping for my lips." He sighed but deep inside he was celebrating because finally Chaerin agreed kissing him. No blackmails or anything. Hohoho!

 

 

This is definitely my night.

 

 

-

 

 

It was Jiyong's turn to laugh now. He watched with amusement as Chaerin struggled to stand up straight.

 

 

"Jiyonggggg~" Chaerin whined as she leaned her back against the rink's wall and slid down. She was so adorable when she was vulnerable.

 

 

Before they started skating, Chaerin was too tenacious to accept the help of Jiyong. She said she can handle herself, it was just skating. She did it once when she was little. She can do it again.

 

 

But when they started to skate, Chaerin completely made a fool of herself by falling on her countless times. When Jiyong offered to help, she brushed him off.

 

 

"What?" He asked crossing his arms and looking too smug.

 

 

Chaerin pouted. "Help." She said raising her arms like a baby waiting for her parents to carry her.

 

 

He was totally shocked with Chaerin's unusual behaviour. Gone was the Chaerin who kicked his shin every time he pissed or . He had no idea what happened. Earlier this morning, the woman was close to throttling his neck. Now, she was still a stubborn but there were moments when she was giving-in. Like when he asked for a kiss.... And right now, she was asking for help and acting cute for it.

 

 

Armageddon must be nearing and the gods are being nice to him... Or Chaerin finally decided to uhmm give him a chance because she realized acting stubborn won’t stop her from liking him.

 

 

Yeah. Probably the latter part. Jiyong thought with a smile on his face.

 

 

He took Chaerin's hands and clasped it with his. Then all too sudden, he pulled her up. The pull was too fast so it caught Chaerin off guard. She stumbled on her skates and fell towards Jiyong.

 

 

Fortunately, Jiyong caught her but they ended up falling together on ice. Chaerin got stuck in between Jiyong's legs and her face leaning to his chest for support. Jiyong took the chance to wrap his around her and basked in the glory of her scent.

 

 

Man, she smells so nice.

 

 

Chaerin tried to pull away but he only hugged her tight. "Jiyong," She tried to wiggle free. "People are staring!"  She informed but no longer trying to get away. She had to admit Jiyong's pretty warm.

 

 

"Get used to it. I'm a very beautiful sight to stare." He said ignoring Chaerin's snort.

 

 

She let Jiyong hugged her for 5 more minutes before she broke free. "I want to skate now. Teach me?"

 

 

Jiyong almost wanted to kiss Chaerin then and there. She was being too ing irresistible and adorable all at once. But he stopped himself; he did not enjoy the idea of screwing everything. She was starting to get comfy with him and he didn't have the nerve to ruin it. There was a time for everything.

 

 

"You have to beg first." He grinned.

 

 

Well, he did not say he won't anymore. He would just lay low with the skin ship. He enjoyed her reactions and retorts very much. It was very amusing and entertaining.

 

 

"Beg your face." Chaerin scoffed as she pushed away from Jiyong but the dude chuckled and pulled her back.

 

 

He nuzzled the top of her hair. "As much as I like for you to beg, it would if you never asked for my help because of it." He said sincerely.

 

 

"Oh..." Chaerin was struck speechless. That was kind of weird in a sweet Jiyong way.

 

 

He smiled at her then kissed her forehead. "Hold on to me, If you fall... drag me with you. Let's fall together."

 

 

That statement totally made Chaerin's heart skipped a beat. Jiyong took her hand and they started to glide slowly.

 

 

"It's just balance. You'll get the hang of it." Jiyong said when she almost fell but his gripped on her prevented it from happening.

 

 

Jiyong patiently helped her learn to skate without falling. It was fun actually; especially when she panicked and ended up holding onto him or leaning for support.

 

 

Skinship is awesome!!!

 

 

When Chaerin got the hang of it, they started enjoying themselves. Chaerin would skate away from him; he would follow with an evil grin that freaked Chaerin to slipping on ice. Jiyong would laugh at her then helped her up. Chaerin would smack his head for being a jerk.

 

 

At 8 in the evening, Chaerin and Jiyong decided to go home.

 

 

"Thankyou Jiyong." She said as Jiyong helped her take the skates off. Knowing the man, his hands lingered to long on her legs before actually taking the skates off.

 

 

Chaerin didn't mind. She was still to giddy with the aftermath of skating. She felt like a child again. It was nostalgic and really wonderful. She always wanted to ice skate since she was young. It was a girly thing to do for children. She did it once she was still a kid back then. She was with her parents. It was fun and a bond she would never forget. She had not had a chance to do it again due to circumstance so Jiyong bringing her to a skating rink, might be coincidence or base on his instinct, warmed her heart. He might not realize it but she was softening to him.

 

 

She realized today that he could be a gentleman when he wanted it to be. He was sweet and helpful. He was still a jerk and a ert but that was him. You can't take that away.

 

 

"I know you'll love it." He winked. "I'm awesome."

 

 

And also smug. Chaerin smiled inwardly.

 

 

"Hey!" Chaerin slapped his hand which was creeping to her thighs. She might be wearing jeans but still it was inappropriate.

 

 

Jiyong grinned innocently. He stood up and pulled Chaerin with him. He stole a quick kiss to her lips which had her swatting him away.

 

 

"Let's go home." He grinned and kissed her cheeks this time. Chaerin groaned but she let him.

 

 

The man was so an addict in kissing.

 

 

-

 

 

"Jiyong!!!" Chaerin protested when Jiyong dragged her to his home. "I'm going home."

 

 

"We are going home." He said in nonchalance pushing her through his yard.

 

 

"I meant my home. Not yours." She stated a matter of fact.

 

 

"One and the same." He replied forcing her inside his home.

 

 

"Jiyonggg!" She tried getting out but Jiyong was having none of it.

 

 

She cursed out loud then she nibbled her lower lip. If he dared to do something ridiculously erted she won't hesitate kicking his balls. She puffed her cheeks. It was very teenager-ie and romantic for him to bring her to the skating rink. She loved that but if that was his way to get her sleep in his bed... It would hurt.

 

 

Something in her expression must have given her away because Jiyong immediately kissed her forehead. It was a sincere gesture. "I won't do whatever you are thinking." He whispered caressing her cheek.

 

 

Chaerin was about to protest but Jiyong cut him off. "I'm not that bad, Chaerin."

 

 

Before she could say anything else, Jiyong led her to his dining room.

 

 

Chaerin's jaw dropped upon seeing the romantic table arrangement set-up and a fine American dinner at that. She almost wanted to laugh because it was so not Jiyong at all... Not the Jiyong she knew.

 

 

"How did you do this?" She asked looking at him. A smirked plastered on his flawless face.

 

 

"I have my ways." He winked. "We haven't had dinner yet." He said as he led Chaerin to her chair.

 

 

"You thought of everything." She said with an adoring smile as Jiyong sat opposite of her.

 

 

He simply smiled. Soon after, they started eating. They were both silent, lost in their own thoughts.

 

 

Jiyong shifted uneasily as his hands touched the bulge of his right jeans pocket.

 

 

He inwardly took a deep sigh as he watched Chaerin finished up her food.

 

 

What he was about to do was serious matters that he never had done before because it seems so corny. But Chaerin was becoming precious to him and just a tad of entertaining. He does not love her... Not yet anyway. He can't entertain the idea... But he really likes her and spending time with her made him happy. Currently, he just wanted to keep her by his side even if love is not yet present but a simple attraction is the only one harnessing their current relationship. It was a selfish thing to do.

 

 

Gaaaads.... =_________=

 

He decided to take it slow and see where it goes.

 

 

Minutes later, Chaerin glanced up and their eyes met. He immediately moved next to her, kneeling to have her on eye level.

 

 

"What?" She asked obviously confused at him. "You're going to touch my leg again??" She asked cautiously remembering when Jiyong slyly touched her thighs earlier at the rink.

 

 

Jiyong chuckled. "No, I won't touch your leg... Even If I want to." He smiled when she sighed.

 

 

He took something from his pocket without letting her notice. "Give me your hand." He said nicely enough.

 

 

Chaerin held out her right hand. She watched Jiyong curiously; clearly have no idea what is going to happen.

 

 

He gently opened her palm and placed the one he was holding on it.

 

 

Chaerin took a sharp intake of breath when she realized what it is and how beautiful and elegant it was. It was a silver necklace with a carved rose hanging from it. She was sure the rose probably is made from a gemstone, ruby.

 

 

"Why?" She asked hesitant to accept it. Why would she? They were friends...

 

 

Okay, more than friends but they were not lovers... Not yet anyway. She was not even sure if they would be going to that road.

 

 

Jiyong leaned forward and tucked a stray hair behind her ears. "I want you to give us a chance." He whispered. His voice was so sincere and no trace of humour is present. Her heart skipped a beat again. She was sure she's going to hyperventilate soon enough.

 

 

"Huh? What? This is a bribe or something?"

 

 

Jiyong chuckled at her.”It’s not a bribe, idiot.” He grinned when she pouted. "Anyway, I'm not saying you should be my girlfriend right now..." He blush a little when Chaerin stared at him.

 

 

This thing was making him nervous but he man-ed it up. "Give us a chance. You know... I won’t force you to anything. We'll go slowly. Start from friends or like that... Let's see where we can go." He finished smiling awkwardly.

 

 

That was so cheesy... Probably desperate.

 

 

Chaerin cracked up a genuine smile. Jiyong was being too adorable. He should have notice that Chaerin already was softening with him. Maybe the man just needs a confirmation to give him a spot to start.

 

 

Chaerin caressed Jiyong's cheek. "You looked pathetic." She chuckled half-joking. A Quid Pro Quo for being called an idiot. She thought.

 

 

Jiyong in returned glared at her. "Not really the Jiyong I know." She smiled.

 

 

Jiyong sighed. Okay, he was not expecting to be called pathetic when he let out his heart just minutes ago.

 

 

The woman was callous. He thought.

 

 

"I don't care." He frowned. "So are you giving me a chance???” He asked annoyed.

 

 

Chaerin chuckled again. There was the Jiyong she had grown accustomed to. She thought about it. Jiyong did have a multi-personality she does not know yet. Beside his arrogant and jerky nature, he was quite a gentleman earlier. Kind of sweet... Deep inside she wanted to get to know him better. With a smile she said. "Fine, whatever."

 

 

Jiyong's grinned grew too wide. He leaned and kissed her cheeks.

 

 

"What's the necklace for?"

 

 

"I want you to wear that everyday..." He demanded.

 

 

"Why???" He smirked. Chaerin had too many questions. She was not a pushover. Thumbs up.

 

 

"It's an assurance." He said taking the necklace and locking it to her neck.

 

 

"Assurance?"

 

 

Jiyong kissed her cheek one more time. "An assurance that we're okay and we're progressing..." He said. Then he thought for a second. "And that you are exclusively mine and vice versa."

 

 

Chaerin scoffed at the arrogance but deep inside it was actually sweet in a possessive Jiyong way.

 

 

"If I take it off?" She asked not really expecting him to answer but he did.

 

 

His face was serious was suddenly serious. "Then it means, you don't want me or you’ve given up on me.” He entwined his hands with her and brought her hands to his lips.

 

 

“Don’t fret. It won’t happen.” He winked. “I know you too are head over heels with me.” He dodge when Chaerin was about to smack him. He grinned when he noticed she was smiling at him.

 

 

The smile which meant he definitely had a chance.

 

 

“You are conceited.” Chaerin sighed.

 

 

-

 

 

A/N: Sorry I took so long to update, Kinda suffered from an author's block. ^^

Comment, Suggestion, Recommendation? hoho! 

Is my flow okay? ^^

What will happen next...