S

Quid Pro Quo

 

Women are like police officers. They can have all the evidences they want but they still need a confession. Love is easy. Trust is hard. Ever heard of that before? I never realize how true that sound until it smacked me across my face.

 

 

I cannot contain my big smile when I saw Jiyong entered the café. I thought that maybe this could be a sign that he might not be womanizing. I was going to run to him and surprise him but froze to my place when I saw a woman following him.

 

 

I immediately scooted closer to the wall since Bom was sitting opposite me. I narrowed my eyes at the woman. She was g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s and h-o-t. I ran n up with a ton of explanation of who the woman might be. It might only be his co –worker or just his friend. Yeah that’s it. He did tell me he was going out. He just forgot to mention it was with a woman.

 

 

“What’s up?” Bom asked glancing at her back to see who I’m staring at. Jiyong and that woman sat on the opposite corner of the café. I scowled realizing I won’t be able to eavesdrop and there won’t be a chance for us to meet. Maybe that’s for the best because ‘me and raging hormones’ was never the best sight. But I can see them from here.

 

 

“Jiyong is here.” I murmured.

 

 

Bom immediately stood up and search for Jiyong in a very inconspicuous way, I pulled her down and hissed. “He’s with a woman. I don’t want him to know I’m here.”

 

 

Bom was confused for a moment then soon realized what was going in my head. “Chae. Don’t jump in conclusion.”

 

 

“I’m not.” I pursed my lips. “I’m trying not to be a and interrupt. I’ll just see him later or something.”

 

 

Bom sighed. “Fine whatever.”

 

 

Jiyong and the woman sat opposite each other. If I look closely Jiyong seems annoyed while the woman seems like enjoying Jiyong’s vehemence. I wonder what those two were talking about. The woman crossed her legs then leaned closer to Jiyong at the table, making her gargantuan cleavage popped out her tank top. I hoped it explodes at her face! Is scowled when I saw Jiyong glanced at her s. Men!

 

 

I watched them talked for a while then Jiyong stood up and went to the counter to order their food. I sighed and slumped on my chair. I glanced at Bom. She raised her brow at me clearly asking what the I was doing. “I have no idea, Bommie.”

 

 

“You.” She said pointing at me. “Go to your boyfriend so he’ll know you are here. There is no point in doing whatever you are doing. If Jiyong is ting you, then he doesn’t deserve you. But if he’s not, then he don’t deserve this from you.” Bom explained. She has a point. “Now do something and let ‘em know you are here.”

 

 

I puffed my cheeks knowing that if I will not do what Bom was suggesting then she will be seriously pissed with me. So when I saw Jiyong sit back in their chair with s, I grabbed my phone and texted him. I was so not going to marched out there and act stupid. I am Chaerin the civilize.

 

 

To: Jerkwon <3

 

Look to you left :*

 

 

There. I even added a kiss mark. I was not going to be a jealous girlfriend living with unconfirmed suspicions. That is just not cool.

 

 

I watched as Jiyong took out his phone and read the message. Instantly, he looked to his left but was unable to find me since I was tucked in the café’s corner pretty discreetly. He scanned the room until his eyes landed on mine. The moment it happen my suspicions about him womanizing and my stupid insecurities faded, disappeared, gone, NADA!!! It was just Jiyong and me. There was just something in his eyes that screams that he love me. This is not me being overconfident. Instantly, his eyes shone with glee and his mouth formed a smile. He was ing happy to see me and I love that fact. I know I have a stupid grin etched in my face right now.

 

 

There’s my Jiyong.

 

 

I ignored albeit noticed that the moment s noticed that she no longer had Jiyong’s attention she clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. Feisty. She realized what had gotten Jiyong to look from being in a foul mood to looking so smitten been the fact that his girlfriend was here. It was so ing obvious.

 

 

I smiled at Jiyong’s unwavering gaze at me though I could feel s sending daggers at me. Jiyong stood up and left s. He swaggered his way to me. He was just too dangerously handsome and irresistible.

 

 

“You’re here?” He asked as he pecked my lips which definitely surprise Bom because of the display of affection.

 

 

“I’m here with my friend. She has a job near here.” I said and pointed to Bom.

 

 

“Hey, I’m Jiyong.” He introduced himself.

 

 

Bom grinned. “I’m Bom. I remember you from the bar.” She said remembering the bar fight when someone actually wanted to take advantage of me.

 

 

Jiyong scowled at the memory. “Yeah… I would have gutted anyone who hurt her.”

 

 

“Oh but you two were not yet together that time?” Bom reminded.

 

 

Jiyong sat next to me then wrapped his arm around me. “Yes but I already like her that time.”

 

 

Bom found that sweet because she practically squealed!  Jiyong took the moment to whisper in my ear. “You’re not here for me?” he said and actually pouted. I was about to answer when Bom interrupt. She apparently heard Jiyong’s whisper.

 

 

“Oh trust me. She is here for you. She was going to surprise you but then you texted her that you were out for lunch.” Bom recounted the events while Jiyong was staring at me with such fondness. “The universe must be conspiring because they brought Jiyong to this café where Chaerin and I were hanging out!” Bom announced in excitement. She was such a romanticist.

 

 

Then Bom burst the happy bubble by asking. “So who are you with? Is itokay for you to leave her alone? Why don’t you introduce her to us?”God… the tone of how she ask her questions were obvious enough that the fact Jiyong was with a woman did not bode well for me. Jiyong tightened his grip on me as if afraid I’ll push him away.

 

 

“She is a friend.” He explained looking at me straight in the eye.

 

 

“Hmmm, Okay”. I said nonchalantly.

 

 

Jiyong sighed. He kissed my forehead. “Wait.”

 

 

He went back to s. They seem to have a heated conversation. s smiled smugly while Jiyong seem to be pissed off. What the hell.

 

 

Then finally they walked over to us. s trailing behind Jiyong.

 

 

“Ladies.” Jiyong said. “Meet Hyuna.” The ... I added silently.

 

 

I smiled at her but Hyuna did not return it. Instead she smiled at Bom totally ignoring me. Okay, I am still going to call her s because she acted kind of a .

 

 

“She is an old friend. We are just hanging out.” Jiyong explained and sat next to me while s sat next to Bom.

 

 

“Oh Jiyong, you know better than to call us old friends.” s said giving Jiyong a knowing smile.

 

 

Bom glanced at me and gave me a look that says this s is up to no good. I agree.

 

 

“We used to have a very special relationship.” s winked. “If you guys know what I mean.” Oh. I know what she ing means. I know how Jiyong used to be.

 

 

Bom’s mouth drop at Hyuna’s straight forwardness. The information was so not necessary.  Thank you very much.

 

 

“Hyuna they don’t need to ing know that.” Jiyong said as calmly as he can. I noticed his jaw muscle twitched. He definitely did not like this woman. So why the was he eating here with her? Men. They can be so confusing as well.

 

 

He captured my hand and held it under the table.

 

 

“Oh come on, Ji. Those were happy times. I doubt you did not enjoy those moments as much as I did. I still remember your reaction whenever especially when you were ! It was so ing hot.” By this moment, I knew my facial expression looked like because s were smiling smugly.

 

 

I mean… Really? Who the say things like that?! I squeezed Jiyong’s hand. Oh, I need a lot of control over me before I accidentally ripped ’s pubic hair.

 

 

Right?” s said looking at me. Ohmyinggod. Is she asking me…? “Jiyong looks incredibly hot in action~!”

 

 

Oh god… Jiyong and I had not even done the deed yet! I blushed.

 

 

“I think it’s best for you to shut up and leave, Hyuna.” Jiyong said in his most arctic voice ever. I think Hyuna did not appreciate being ordered around because her expression turns sour.

 

 

“Hmmm… Why don’t you come with me and let’s catch up… Just like the old times.” Hyuna invited Jiyong. I saw Bom raising her right brow when she looked at me. I gave her an ‘I don’t ing know what this vixen is up to,’ look.

 

 

“No, Just go. No one appreciated you ing mouth and company right now.” Jiyong said. Geez, myn man can be so rude sometimes but I like it. I leaned closer at him letting him feel I’m still with him in this. He squeezed my hand again.

 

 

s faced turned sinister.  “Oh , is that so!? It does not feel that way when you were with me that ing Wednesday morning, is it????” She practically spat the words.

 

 

Bom clearly had no idea what was going on. She looked between Jiyong and me. Jiyong had frozen up. Wednesday… That was the time when Jiyong said he was going to Seungri because of a bar trouble. That was the night he came home late and left the bed early.

 

 

I felt him squeezing my hand harder than before and when I looked at him and him at me. I see how unsure he was as to what will happen next. I do not know what my face reaction was like but I see how Jiyong seemed pained about it. I glanced at s. She was grinning in triumph. ing .

 

 

I looked at Bom. “I’m going home, Bommie. I’ll call you later.” I said as civilize as I can then yanked my hand away from Jiyong.

 

 

“Chae, please…” he pleaded.

 

 

“Excuse me, Jiyong.” I said willing him to get out of the seat before I do something I regret.

 

 

“Don’t go…” He was clenching his hand hard. It was the hand that was holding mine earlier.

 

 

“I’m going home.” I said icily. Jiyong sighed and moved away.

 

 

I stood up. “Bye Bommie.” I said. Bom looked really worried so I forced a small smile.

 

 

“I’ll come with you.” Jiyong said as he tried to hold my hand but I won’t let him.

 

 

I shook my head. “I can take myself home.” Then I walked out of the café as fast as I can.

 

 

HE ING LIED AT ME. Jiyong ing lied at me. Of all the things I expect from him, I trusted him to be honest to me. My chest felt heavy. My eyes felt wet. God… I ran to where I parked my car. I heard Jiyong call me but I ignored him.

 

 

This is where all relationship starts to crumble… when one lie to another. Screw him. Somewhere inside me, tells me that I’m overreacting but I ignored it. Honesty is such a big deal for me.

 

 

I yanked my car door open. Before I even had the chance to hop in, Jiyong was behind me. He grabbed my waist and turned me to face him.

 

 

“Chaerin, please. I’ll explain.” It hurts me to see him in this situation… looking really scared.

 

 

I looked anywhere else except him and this seems to frustrate him. “Please, look at me. Don’t do this to me.”

 

 

I didn’t.

 

 

“Jiyong… I want to go home.”

 

 

Jiyonggently cupped my face and forced me to look at him. He looked so torn apart. My heart clenched. I wanted to let it go and just hug him. Claim him. Make him mine. But I can’t. I hate liars.

 

 

“If you think I betrayed you. You’re wrong. I did not cheat or anything…” he said willing me to understand.

 

 

I do understand. Does he not see that? I know he did not do anything with s. What hurts me is the fact he lied to me. He can go wherever he want do whatever he like…. Just don’t ing lie at me.

 

 

“It’s not even about the woman, Jiyong.” I said.

 

 

“Then what is it? Why the do I feel like you’re leaving me?”

 

 

I swallowed hard. I swallowed a few times. “It’s the fact that you lied to me.” I replied. “I expect you to be honest to me. Lying is unacceptable to me, Jiyong.”

 

 

Jiyong closed his eyes. “I… I’m so sorry. I just did not know how to tell you about Hyuna. She’s so complicated.” He opened his eyes. “I don’t know what to d-“

 

 

I pulled away from him. “I just need time alone, Jiyong. I’ll see you later.” I said weakly.

 

 

“You promise?” He asked almost hopeful. “I’ll see you later at your house?”

 

 

I nodded. I let him kissed my lips. Then I turned away from him and got inside my car. I drove back. I felt a headache coming with all the questions invading my mind. One question rein the others: What else has Jiyong lied about?

 

 

-

 

 

That night I had broken my promise. I kept the door to my house open but I locked my bedroom door.

 

 

I heard Jiyong knocked on my door.

 

 

I listened to him apologized for a hundredth time.

 

 

I heard him beg for me to open to door.

 

 

I heard him say he wanted to sleep beside me.

 

 

But i ignored him...

 

 

I lay quiet one the bed noticing how empty my bed is without Jiyong. I was torn between wanting to open the door so he could be beside me and the need to be alone and let him feel how I’m not okay with him lying to me.

 

 

“I love you so much, Chaerin.” I heard him say.

 

 

I slept alone that night.

 

 

-

 

 

omegad hahahahahaha!!!!!! DRAMA IN QUID PRO QUO!!!

please comment!!!!

thankyou for subscribing and reading!!