LIKE ❤

Quid Pro Quo

 

 

All thoughts of Chaerin about Chowder and the anxiety of telling him to Jiyong faded when Chaerin saw the brunette opening Jiyong's door for her.

 

The brunette eyed Chaerin from head to toe then frowned. "Who are you?" She asked in a y way.

 

Chaerin was lost at words. She knew Jiyong was like this. A ing man- but for some stupid reason she thought he will somehow abstain.

 

Pathetic. She mentally slapped herself. Her inner I-believe-in-chick-flick-story fantasized that maybe there could be something for them.

 

Jiyong was drop-dead handsome. He was very capable of alluring any woman he wanted. Chaerin used to have a crush on him when she first rented the house but it faded as days passed. Her initial feelings for him returned when they had this everyday feud. Even though they did it to piss each other off, she always found it fun and entertaining. For the past week, Jiyong was the highlight of her day. She really like him albeit hate him evenly.

 

You're pathetic Chaerin. You're a ing moron. She mentally chastised herself.

 

She bit her trembling lips to stop herself from crying and clenched her fist in anger. She wanted to cry and punch someone in the face all at the same time.

 

Chaerin was too conflicted at the moment. She was about to lose her mind. The fact that she was losing control irritated her.

 

She was mad at herself for thinking moronic possibilities. She forgot it was Jiyong she was fantasizing about. He was that who s different girls every week. She cannot believe she like someone like him; cannot believe she even thought of having something with him. She was disgusted for herself but to top that she was fuming. She got to get out of his lawn before she did something she will regret... Like go ballistic at the situation.

 

She doesn’t have the right to get mad at him. They were not even close to the line of closeness. They were just friends and acting like a jerk head would not be good for her. It would also be mortifying for her state of sanity.

 

He won't even care. A voice whispered to her ears. The possibility crushed her. The fact that it affected her sent her anger to a notch. She was now hopping mad for Jiyong and her idiotic self.

 

"Chaerin." Jiyong's voice pulled her out from her thoughts.

 

He seems cautious at first but when his gaze landed to her yes. He was shocked and speechless. He purposely blocked the view from Chaerin's line of sight.

 

She almost wanted to laugh when she noticed it. What was there to hide?

 

"What do you need?" He asked failing to realize how sharp his own words were. As if she was troubling him.

 

She swallowed back a retort. Keep it calm Chaerin Lee.

 

She forgot to answer right away. "What???" He asked as he frowned at her.

 

He seems in a hurry to kick me out. She thought.

 

"Chaerin. If you have nothing to sa-"

 

Oh it. She was supposed to keep it classy, never trashy, just a little nasty... But she ended up saying something that would definitely ruin everything.

 

-

 

It was as if everything in him crashed. He never thought a simple two-word will hurt so much, strengthen by her disgusted expression. He felt awful. For the first time in his life, he was miserable for his goddamn existence.

 

Man-...

Man-...

Man-...

 

She stated it so seriously. It was different when she called him a fiend. She means it when he said he was addicted in but that was fine for him. But to be named a ... She even enunciated it as if it was a fact. A fact she strongly believed it. She was saying it as if it will forever be part of Jiyong and she should not even be shocked to see him in that state.

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth as he watched Chaerin walked away without so much of a glance. For Chaerin to view him like that...

 

HURTS LIKE HELL.

 

He slammed the door closed. The brunette was waiting for him at the couch.

 

"Get out now." He said stoically. She was going to protest but thought better of it when she saw Jiyong's expression. In a second the brunette left his house.

 

The hurt faded away when confusion sets in. Why the hell did she act like that!?

 

He remembered the surprise looked on her face. For a second, he was sure he caught a glimpse of a hurt expression before it transfigured to angst.

 

She was hurt! She cares... She won't be that mad if she didn't...

 

You're delusional, Kwon Jiyong. An inner voice sets in his mind and ruined his hope. She probably is too disgusted in his entire existence that was why she acted like that.

 

Then her voice echoed in his mind. Man-. He was suddenly pissed off. He madly paced around his living room trying to calm himself down.

 

A man-!? He thought. Even if he was, she did not need to point it out. That was low!

 

" her." He cursed out loud clenching and unclenching his right fist. He doesn't care what she thought of him. He does not care if she hated him. He thought he does not care if she will not talk to her anymore as he sent his fist slamming against his wall.

 

"God damn it!" He cursed.

 

Of course, he cared. He ing liked her too much.

 

Without much single thought, he walked out of his house.

 

"CHAERIN!" He yelled when he got in the perimeters of her house.

 

She was so going to receive a piece of his mind.

 

-

 

"Chowder!" She almost felt like crying when she saw him hiding behind her curtains.

 

"What are you doing in there?" She carried him to his arms and cradled him like her baby.

 

Chowder playfully barked at her then snuggled to her arms. Chaerin felt appeased by the warmth of her puppy.

 

She placed Chowder near the backdoor next to his bowl of dog food and milk. She patted his head one last time as she let him eat.

 

She was drinking water when she heard Jiyong calling him. Next minute, he was pounding his fist to her door.

 

The nerve!

 

She stomped her way to the door and opened it forcefully.

 

-

 

"What the was that about!?" Jiyong yelled the minute he saw her.

 

"What are you talking about?" She asked back levelling the glare he was giving her.

 

Jiyong groaned and raked his hair in irritation. He was going to push it. "You like me!"

 

Gahh! That was desperate. He mentally kicked himself.

 

Chaerin glared at him incredulously."Go ing home. You're crazy." She said closing the door.

 

Jiyong blocked it with his foot. She was right, he was crazy. "Your expression! You were shock and angry but I am sure I saw pain!"

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes. "You're an idiot."

 

He almost wanted to stomp like a grade school kid. "Damn it."

 

"Just go back and your brunette." She said harshly making him mad.

 

He pushed the door open making Chaerin stepped back in surprise.

 

"Jiyong!!!" She gasped when he suddenly pushed her to the wall... Just like the first time he caged her in on her front door.

 

They were too close.

 

"You.care.for.me." He stated. He believed it as if it was the universal truth and the point was moot.

 

He was breathing too close for her liking. She can even feel the rise and fall of his chest and the erratic beating of his heart. She found herself trapped in his charms. She forgot about the brunette and chowder. It was just the two of them.

 

Jiyong cupped her chin with his right hand. He leaned in. His lips were brushing hers but not quite. He smiled in triumph when Chaerin leaned closer to catch his lips but being the bastard that he was he pulled back.

 

"Jerk." She blushed.

 

He smirked and leaned closer again. "You.ing.like.me." He said in satisfaction as he finally kissed her.

 

A simple but sweet kiss. Jiyong wanted more but he didn't want to force Chaerin.

 

For the meantime it was enough. He smiled as he let her go. "Goodnight Chae."

 

"Go home!" She ordered. She was blushing hard and to elicit such reaction from her. Jiyong found himself pecking her lips again and again.

 

"Staph!" Chaerin smacked his head.

 

He grinned and pulled away. Chaerin pushed him out her house.

 

"Conceited bastard." She literally kicked his leg.

 

Jiyong laughed. The pain in his leg was nothing compared to what he was currently feeling.

 

"By the way, I saw a puppy in your house." He mentioned. "The contract states clearly that pets are not allowed." He said in a business like tone making Chaerin worry her bottom lip.

 

"I'm going to keep it..." She almost whined as she stared directly to his reprimanding eyes.

 

He sighed when she almost begged him through her eyes. He patted her head. "You could keep it."

 

She brightened up and grinned. He wanted to kiss her again but controlled himself.

 

"If..." He added.

 

She unconsciously pouted. "If what?" She always hated when a person negotiates an ultimatum.

 

She was just too adorable. He thought. He failed to stop himself this time as he stole a kiss again. Before she could react, he finished his sentence.

 

“If I am going to be his dad." He winked. The statement was clearly a double-entendre. He knew she got it because her next reaction was kicking him out of her doostep.

 

"NOT A CHANCE!"

 

-

 

A/N:  I wanted drama but I also wanted romance! I'm so conflicted too! ^^ PLEASE COMMENT!!! 

DON'T BE SILENT I WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS =)))