CHRISTMAS

Quid Pro Quo

 

Chaerin stirred in her sleep. Her arm was searching for the warmth of a person who was supposed to be lying next to her. When she found nothing, she immediately snapped her eyes open.

 

 

"Jiyong?" She called softly. Her eyes scanning the dark room. Her gaze rested on the digital clock on the bed drawer.

 

 

11:27:00 pm

 

 

She nearly whimpered when she realized that in half an hour it would already be Christmas.

 

 

Jiyong and Chaerin spent Christmas Eve snuggling on his couch downstairs as they watched Home Alone 2. It was her first time celebrating Christmas not alone... She preferred to spend holidays solely. It's an orphan thing but with Jiyong there's an exception. She didn't care whether they spend the Eve with no holiday spirit. It was more than enough for her to have Jiyong's arm wrapped around her as if she was his best gift ever and he never want to let it out of his gaze.

 

 

Chaerin fell asleep in his arms and the next thing she knew... She was in his bed. Jiyong was gone. She closed her eyes for a second. Sleeping again was very tempting but it feels off now that Jiyong was not with her in bed.

 

 

She wanted to feel his taut muscles, inhale his addicting scent, and kiss every part of his body that can reach.

 

 

Gahd... I'm such a loser. She thought.

 

 

She never once imagined that she will become one of those girls who crave for their love ones every second of every day. It feels new to her. She never once felt this deep in loving someone.  It feels weird but in a really good way. It was as if for once in her life she was given a chance to have someone whom she would never let go no matter what.

 

 

So corny... She smiled to herself.

 

 

She suddenly heard a thud and a soft bark coming from downstairs.

 

 

Curiously, Chaerin got up from the comfort of Jiyong's bed. She lackadaisically walked out the room and peeked over the railings of the second floor to gaze downstairs.

 

 

She saw Jiyong glaring at Chowder who was wiggling his tail in excitement.

 

 

"Be quiet. You'll wake mommy." He reprimanded. Chowder nodded then barked making Jiyong sighed in frustration.

 

 

"Don't bark!"

 

 

Chowder nodded this time and Jiyong patted his head in approval.

 

 

Unable to contain her curiosity, Chaerin stepped down the stairs.

 

 

"Jiyong?" She called. Jiyong cursed silently then ran to meet her before she got the chance to take another step down.

 

 

"Get back in the room, baby." He said and smiled nervously.

 

 

Weird...

 

 

"Huh? Why?" Chaerin asked looking over Jiyong's shoulder. Jiyong blocked her line of sight.

 

 

"Go back and sleep, Chaerin." He persuaded, gently pushing her back up.

 

 

"What's going on?" She asked as she crossed her arms. She wanted to know what's up.

 

 

Jiyong sighed in irritation. "Go back or I'll carry you up." He threatened.

 

 

Chaerin shrugged not caring and raised her brows, daring him.

 

 

Jiyong sighed, not telling anything. "Chae..."

 

 

"No. Tell me what you were doing."

 

 

Jiyong grumbled something unintelligible about Chowder being so noisy it ruined everything. Jiyong glanced at Chaerin and seeing that she was too stubborn to listen to him and go back to their room. He exhaled in defeat.

 

 

"I'm doing something for you and you're ruining it by being here." He puffed his cheeks which Chaerin found adorable. "And if you're not back in the room in 10 seconds... I'm not going to continue doing whatever it is!"

 

 

Chaerin, touched as she was that he even bother to do something, can't help chuckling at his expression. Jiyong frowned in annoyance and she laughed harder.

 

 

10 seconds later.

 

 

He threw his hands up. "Fine. Whatever. Say goodbye to your suppose to be gift." He groaned vehemently and sat on the stair step they've been standing on. He placed his head on his hands.

 

 

This was hisfirst Christmas doing something special for a girl and he wanted it bad to be perfect. Especially since it was Chaerin, the first girl he truly loved.

 

 

Why did she have to be awake? This was all Chowder's fault. He thought. He was supposed to wake her up as soon As the clock strikes midnight by setting off the alarm. Then she would suppose to find the bed empty and searched for him downstairs. Then she would find him sitting beside the Christmas tree with Chowder and his gift.

 

 

Yep, that was the best he could do but he was supposed to place petals of roses by the stairs. Isn't that romantic???

 

 

I didn't even get the chance to set up the roses. He grimaced.

 

 

He stopped sulking when he felt hands cupped his face. Chaerin kissed him lightly. She was still smiling in amusement.

 

 

"Just show me your surprise."

 

 

Jiyong shrugged. "Fine." He stood up from the stair step. "Follow me." He said bleakly making Chaerin laughed. He was just so cute even when sulking.

 

 

When they reached the bottom stairs, Chowder was waiting wiggling his tail from left to right.

 

 

Chaerin carried him to her arms. "Daddy's acting like a petulant kid." She crooned.

 

 

Jiyong scoffed. "Petulant kid. Pfft." He glared at Chowder then pointed a finger at him. "Your fault that we lost the element of surprise. The next time I'm setting up another surprise I'm not letting you know." He said to the dog. Chaerin bit her lip to stifle the laugh bubbling in her lips.

 

 

Gahhhh. He was just so adorable.

 

 

Chowder whimpered and used his puppy dog eyes saying sorry to Jiyong. Jiyong rolled his eyes clearly not affected. "I'm taking back your present."

 

 

He leaned as if to take Chowder away from her but as Chaerin squinted closer she discovered a collar hanging to Chowder's neck. It was silver with gold letters that spells his name.

 

 

Chowder made a sound that seems like a gasp then he snuggled closer to Chaerin for protection.

 

 

This time Chaerin smacked his head as she laughed. "Be nice!"

 

 

Jiyong pouted. "Fine."

 

 

It warmed her heart how Jiyong took care of Chowder like he was his dog when it fact Chowder was Chaerin's. Seeing this, Chaerin imagined how Jiyong would look like holding a miniature version of his.

 

 

The image made her chuckle again. She leaned in to kiss his cheeks. He was still glaring at Chowder when Chaerin pulled away. "Stop bullying Chowder. Gimme my gift." She said grinning.

 

 

He pointed at the big box with weird holes under the tree.

 

 

Chaerin gave Chowder to Jiyong then she ran towards the tree. She sat beside it and pulled the box on her lap. Carefully, she opened it.

 

 

Her eyes widened and her heart swelled as she stared at Jiyong's gift inside. "Oh my god."

 

 

Inside the box was a white smaller version of Chowder. He was sleeping comfortably inside like the cute chowchow he is.

 

 

Chaerin took the dog in her arms. The sudden movement caused the dog to wake up from his slumber. "Hello." Chaerin greeted. The dog stared at her with his cute eyes.

 

 

Something glimmered at his neck and Chaerin squinted her eyes to see. It was another silver collar with gold letters spelling the dog's name.

 

 

"You're kidding me." She muttered shaking her head at the ridiculous name Jiyong chose. “You can’t be serious.”

 

 

Jiyong heard her and he immediately settled beside her. "It's a cool name." He defended.

 

 

Chaerin raised her brow then enunciated the name. "MU-FA-SA." Jiyong nodded smugly when Mufasa their new pet barked in agreement.

 

 

Chaerin scowled. "And you dare make fun of Chowder's name." She muttered.

 

 

"At least I didn't name him after that icky stew or that violet fat cartoon character in cartoon network."

 

 

"Violet fat cartoon? Isn't that barney??"

 

 

Jiyong chuckled. "Idiot. Were you living in the mountains??? There's this new cartoon in CN. Chowder's the main character. It's really annoying."

 

 

"You watched cartoon network???" Chaerin asked incredulous.

 

 

"No, baby. My boss's daughter watches it. She tells me about it every time."

 

 

Jiyong leaned in to kiss her forehead then he took Mufasa and set him free to wander his new home.

 

 

Chaerin unconsciously settled herself between Jiyong's legs and her back pressed to his front. They both stared at the glimmering Christmas tree they made together.

 

 

"Still... Mufasa's not a cool name. Why don't we change it to Whitey?" She suggested.

 

 

Jiyong laughed. He squeezed Chaerin and whispered. "No ing way. I'm not letting you do that to Mufasa."

 

 

"Pfft. If I was Mufasa I'll ripped your head for naming me such."

 

 

"I believe Mufasa loves his name. It originated from Lion King... And Mufasa is the king of the jungle. It screams power and dominance. If I was Chowder maybe I would like to be named after someone powerful...Like the name Simba."

 

 

Chaerin scoffed. "Yeah, name him after the lion that caused a stampede that killed his own father."

 

 

Jiyong chuckled. He pressed a kiss on top of her head. "I'm not changing the name, my tenacious girlfriend."

 

 

Chaerin slumped her shoulders in defeat.

 

 

Jiyong, sensing that Chaerin finally dropped the topic, smiled in triumph. "So... You like my gift?"

 

 

Chaerin nodded while playing with his fingers. "I love it. Chowder finally got a playmate."

 

 

"I know right." He nodded when he saw Chowder following Mufasa in the kitchen.

 

 

Chaerin kissed Jiyong's palm. "I didn't get you anything." She said in a sad voice. "I feel bad."

 

 

Jiyong didn't care about whether she has a present for him or not. He just wanted her to stay wrapped in his arms like this every night. He inwardly sighed knowing that she would be leaving right after Christmas vacation. Of course, he could always go to her house and sleep over but that would be different. The thrill of waking up beside her and going home expecting her sprawled in his couch would be so much different. He could ask Chaerin to live with him but he knew deep inside that she won't agree. She still thinks it is still early for them to do that. He sighed again.

 

 

"Ji?" Chaerin called worried. He was in a daze. She turned around to face him. "Hey,"

 

 

He stared at Chaerin's face. Is it even possible to love someone so deep in such a short time? Is it even possible that Chaerin love him as deep as how much he loved her? Is it even possible to want so much to hear those three stupid words coming from ?

 

 

Jiyong smiled. "Tell me you love me." He said pressing her forehead against hers.

 

 

Chaerin blinked in surprise. "What?"

 

 

"I want to hear it." He said in his husky bedroom voice that stirred something inside Chaerin. She ignored the wanton desire and focused more on the rapid beating heart because of his request.

 

 

"Jiyong...”

 

 

“ Please say it for me." He pleaded kissing softly.

 

 

"I want to hear you say it first." She argued.

 

 

"I'll treat it as my Christmas gift." He said staring intently at her brown pools. Chaerin's heart beat even faster. His eyes were just wow.

 

 

If he was looking at her like that, she can never say no to his request. Even if she also wanted to hear him say it first.

 

 

She took deep breaths to calm her raging heart.

 

 

Fine. Fine. Fine. She thought in defeat. Stupid piercing hypnotizing stare of his.

 

 

She stared straight at his brown eyes, so brown it was almost black. Jiyong stared back. His eyes gleamed in expectation.

 

 

One... Two... Three... She closed her eyes and took one deep calming breath then opened her eyes again.

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong." She stated his name as if she was saying it in a wedding ceremony. Jiyong eyes glimmered again in excitement. His face reflecting the love he has for her.

 

 

Chaerin smiled at his hopeful reaction. "I love you so much."

 

 

3 seconds passed. Then Jiyong lips broke into a huge smile. He kissed her forehead, nose, both cheeks, and devoured her lips.

 

 

Chaerin wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back with the same fervour. She placed her hands on top of his chest and discovered it was also beating so fast and so hard.

 

 

Jiyong placed a last kiss on her lips. "Thank you... God. That was incredible." He hugged her and kissed the top of her head.

 

 

"Jiyong..." Chaerin said impatiently.

 

 

"Hmm?" He said still happy.

 

 

"Say it back, Idiot."

 

 

"Oh. Right." He chuckled. He cupped Chaerin's face and placed a sweet kiss on her lips. "Chaerin, my love, I love you too so much... Merry Christmas."

 

 

Chaerin giggled in delight at hearing it too. "Merry Christmas too, baby”

 

 

Upstairs... Inside Jiyong’s studio, his phone chirped for the nth time, indicating another text that has been coming continuously since the clock strike midnight.

 

 

*14 new messages*

 

 

-

 

 

How are you guys!?  I hope you enjoy this chapter because I'm getting bored with all the sweetness.

time to write something... heartbreaking? lol.

Sorry I was not able to update immediately. Meh... I . =______=

Still, I'm doing my best!!! Please comment!!!

Thankyou for supporting and reading Quid Pro Quo.