VOW

Quid Pro Quo

 

 

Jiyong glanced at Chaerin. She was eerie quiet today and it freaked him out. They finished building up a small Christmas tree and Chaerin was staring at it with adoring cat eyes.

 

 

It really irked him earlier that Chaerin would even think that he would be running to another woman's bed if she would deny him of . That was just weird and offending. Did she doubt that he was serious about her? Man... He just hoped she won't think any more stupid thoughts.

 

 

"The last time I built a tree was when I was ten with my parents. I was the one who put the star on top." She said sounding nostalgic. She scooted beside Jiyong and nuzzled on his shoulder like a kitten.

 

 

He would be elated at her gesture but his curiosity topped that. Chaerin never talked about her past. He does not have any idea of her family or anything. It was mysterious. He always had been curious but he never pushed Chaerin to spill it since she seems tight-lip about the issue.

 

 

"I missed my parents..." She murmured Almost as if she wanted to cry. By the tone of her voice, Jiyong got the idea. Her parents were gone.

 

 

He let Chaerin sit on his lap. It was one of their favorite positions when cuddling. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her face on his chest.

 

 

"I never talked about it to anyone... I wanted to forget." She rambled. "I wanted to forget that they left me alone to face the world." Jiyong's heart ached for her. He soothed her back with gentle caress.

 

 

"What happened, Kitten?" He asked in a gentle voice.

 

 

"It was my mom's birthday..." She started. "My parents had planned to eat dinner outside. I think it was a fancy restaurant or something... But mom's birthday was school night. So they decided they will just pick me up after school..." She took a deep breath and chuckled. No humor at that.

 

 

"Kitten..." He whispered as a form of comfort.

 

 

"You see... I was waiting. Waiting for them to arrive so we could go eat dinner. I was craving for blueberry cheesecake that time and I was so excited. But couple of hours passed, they still had not arrived. I was starting to panic. I thought they might have forgotten to pick me up, you know. I have a phone at that age. So I texted mom then dad... I keep on texting them... Again and again."

 

 

She bit her lower lip to stifle a cry. "But they never replied. So I started to call..."

 

 

She took a long breath. "Then finally my dad's phone answered.. But hell. It wasn't him on the line. It was one of those paramedics. He asked me who I was and I told them meekly I was my daddy's child. The person at the line paused... A freaking long pause. Then he asked me where I was. I told them I was waiting for my parent's to pick me up in school. The paramedic told me to wait and I did."

 

 

"I was still waiting for my parents to arrive but they never came. Someone arrived; I think he was from the hospital. Well... He brought me to where my parents are." Jiyong tightened his hug on her as she began to tremble.

 

 

"And for Christ's sake... I was so confused. I was in the hospital all alone. I didn't know what to do. Then I saw a friend of mom arriving. She explained to me what happened.... My parents died on a car accident. Some ing drunk car crash into them. I cried a lot that night. I never felt so alone and scared. They won't even allow me to see their body. It was so cruel. I never saw their body..."

 

 

Chaerin pushed away from Jiyong and stood up needing space. She paced around the living room.

 

 

"After the funeral... Everything was ripped away from me. I have no idea why. No one wanted me... No one wanted to take care of me. I had no family, no uncles or aunts... I ended up in foster care."

 

 

She returned sitting beside him. "I just don't get it... It was so fast. I had everything then in one snap I lost it all. I was alone... Always alone. I never felt so lonely."

 

 

Then she was crying. She looked away from Jiyong not wanting him to see how weak she looked right now or any pity from him.

 

 

"Kitten, look at me." He said tipping her chin so he could look in her eyes.

 

 

Chaerin took a sharp intake of breath upon seeing his expression.

 

 

It was not pity nor was it sympathy... He was staring at her as if he was dazzled by her. So awed. So amazed.

 

 

Because he was. He saw others never saw when they look at her.

 

 

Independence. Strength. Courage.

 

 

"I'm so proud of you." He said. "Damn it, you are so amazing. Look at you right now; you manage to face life alone. You finished studying; you got a job in Elle. You turned out to be a beautiful woman not just by appearance but what is inside you." He smiled at her. "I never felt so awe with a woman before. You totally owned me, Kitten."

 

 

He cupped her cheeks and stare at her brown eyes. "You. Have. Me. Now." He stated. "You took care of yourself far too long already. Let me take care of you, kitten."

 

 

She nodded absently. She was captivated by the sincerity of his words. He was making a promise.

 

 

"You won't be alone anymore. You have me. I'm yours." He declared as he gave her a sweet kiss.

 

 

That was all she need. She was afraid to be alone. She has friends but she needed someone who will never leave her side. Who will always be at her not only when she need them to be but everyday to be at her side. To hug her at night; to kiss her to sleep; to tuck her to bed; and to lie beside her every night.

 

 

Jiyong assurance keeps her at bay. "Make sure of it." She said returning his kiss.

 

 

He chuckled. "Yes, princess."

 

 

A bark snapped them both from their moment. It was their baby. Chowder.

 

 

"I think he wants to walk." Chaerin said.

 

 

"Yeah... I'll walk him."

 

 

"Won't he get cold??" She asked patting the head of the chowchow.

 

 

Jiyong shrugged. "He has furs everywhere. Like a lion… so he won't." He stood up and went to get Chowder's leash. Chaerin followed.

 

 

"How about you?"

 

 

Jiyong wrapped his arm around her waist and smack a kiss. "I have a sweater and a jacket, baby."

 

 

Chaerin smiled. "In case you'll get cold I'll be here."

 

 

“Oh.” Jiyong smirked. "Am I thinking what you are implying?" He wiggled his brows.

 

 

" Just canoodling, Jiyong." She pinched his nose. "I'll make you warm through canoodling."

 

 

Jiyong smiled. "Well. I'll take what I can get."

 

 

-

 

 

As Jiyong walked Chowder around town, his mind drifted elsewhere.

 

 

"Mommy's pretty amazing, right?" Jiyong said watching Chowder. The dog gave a cute bark, agreeing.

 

 

Chaerin went through a lot but still she never act like a damsel in distress. She was rouge, fighting everything that comes in her way, standing on her own feet, never giving up... That was such a major turn on.

 

 

But still even though she is a very tough girl, deep inside she was fragile and alone. It might be her defense mechanism with the tough attitude but Jiyong can see it now. See right through her.

 

 

She was sweet Chaerin Lee. The kitty cat he loves so much.

 

 

He vowed this night that he will be the one taking care of Chaerin. He will love her and shower her with everything a woman deserves. He will be there for her. He will never leave her alone. She won't be alone anymore.

 

 

Yep… But I still won't be the first one saying I love you.

 

 

-

 

 

Comment please ^^