MISTAKE

Quid Pro Quo

 

 

The weekend passed by without Kwon Jiyong pissing her off. He did greet her with his usual boyish smile, which Chaerin thought that time was a little sham, every time they see each other. He even showed off his new car tires and spares, which he intended to kept just in case she will be putting holes in his incumbent tires next time she’s pissed. It must be her imagination but it seems something is off with Jiyong. She was a little worried but since she had a lot of work to do in Elle. She ignored it. The man probably was a natural in being mercurial.

 

“Omo.” Chaerin gasped. She squatted beside the cage that her photo shoot director brought with him earlier this morning for an article shoot. “You’re a cute thing.” She muttered poking her finger through the space between the metal bars to reach the furry cinnamon colored puppy inside. He was staring at her in the adorable way whereas his head was inclined to the left.

 

“Can anyone tell me who owns this puffy-lion?” She asked, standing up. The Songshi Quan a.k.a. chowchow cheerfully bark at her. Lovely...

 

One of her staffs answered. “No one owns the guy. The director brought it here but he said he’ll return it after.”

 

“Return? Where?” She asked as she checked the schedule of meeting that she was holding.

 

Her staff seems to hesitate for a second before answering. “To the city pound.”

 

Chaerin seems to be taken aback as she turned around to see if her staff is screwing with her. She was known to be a pet lover in this office although she did not own anything for the moment.

 

“Pardon?” She asked again. She hated the city pound. The last time she visited it she ended up crying for the poor dogs. It was as if they were a victim of their own existence. They have no family to take care of them. No family they can also protect. It was a tragedy. It was as if when she looked at the dogs at the pound she was staring at her own version of solitude. It was heartbreaking. She remembered their eyes on her as if begging for her to adopt every one of them. She wanted to badly but she can’t. She can barely take care of herself that time and adopting another living thing would be suicide.

 

“The director found it in a city pound. He borrowed him.”

 

“Why the hell did he not go to a pet store instead?” she asked biting out every word too harshly. The staff cringed.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe it was cheaper.” She answered carefully noting the frown that was forming to their editor in chief’s forehead.

 

Cheaper!? That’s stupid. She thought.

 

Elle is an international magazine for crying out loud. The company can afford anything. It could afford renting a dog; they can even buy a dog with the budget for the money. She bet there’s not that much price difference in getting a dog from a pet shop or the pound. The problem was the photo shoot director is too tight with the money.

 

Pfft. It’s not even his money.

 

She glanced at the dog one more time. Her conscience can’t take it if the poor dog would be put back to the pound. The dog would be used in a photo shoot then he’ll be thrown back to the pound. That’s injustice! She can’t let that happen. The poor dog was begging her. She can see in his eyes that he doesn’t want to be back at that cruel place.

 

“Tell the director to meet me in my office later.” She instructed one last time before leaving the set to take care of other issues. While she walked she segued a text message to her landlord.

 

-

 

Jiyong was idling in his studio in YG entertainment when he received a message. Why the hell did she texted me? He asked himself as he rushed to open the message with too much enthusiasm.

 

He stared at his screen confusedly.

 

From: Chaerin Lee 2:30:52 pm

Yes or No? Reply ASAP

 

That girl is ing crazy sometimes. He typed “Yes.” then sent it with little thought. He had matters to do. He had to deal with his raging hormones first. He and his friends will be going to a club later and that means he probably will be taking a woman home.

 

A one-night stand. He had done that numerous times already but he never really been this moronic and planned it.

 

He had been thinking of Chaerin lately. Although he avoided it as much as possible, he always find himself near his window staring outside in hopes he could catch a glimpse of her which he thought was very pathetic of him.

 

"Hyung!" An old friend of him called. He turned to see a familiar panda eyes with a glint of mischief sit beside him.

 

Seungri wrapped his arm around Jiyong and gave him a knowing smile.

 

Aisht. This kid.

 

"If you want to join us, I don't really care." He said with a nonchalant shrug.

 

Seungri dramatically gasped in disbelief. "You care for me, Hyung! I know you do. I'm your favorite!" Jiyong elbowed his stomach in amusement and irritation.

 

"Get your back to work, idiot." Jiyong smacked his head. Seungri pouted.  

 

While Jiyong was a music producer, Seungri was one of the video editors in YG. They had been friends ever since they met each other. He had always liked to act Jiyong's favourite when they're together albeit the dude was a player. While Jiyong was inclining more on the one-night stand kind of man, Seungri was the relationship type but he never really took them seriously. They will date but when everything gets serious, he will leave. As of now, the guy was single. He was probably enthusiastic for later because he will be on the prowl.

 

"So what are you up to for tonight?" He asked raising his brows.

 

Jiyong sighed heavily. "I don't know. I don't want a blonde though."

 

-

 

It was passed eight in the evening when Chaerin arrived home with her new baby; a new family.

 

“This is your new home, Chowder.” She said as she placed the cinnamon Chowchow puppy on her couch. She named him chowder. The name popped out in her mind and in that instant she decided it to be his name.

 

She just had to adopt him. He was too adorable and cute to ignore. So with a little talk with her director, she managed to adopt it. The problem now was if she was allowed to. She didn’t own the house she’s living and she really can’t remember if there was “No pets allowed” rule in the contract. That was why she texted a vague message to Jiyong. Good thing he replied “yes.” She will just have to do her tricks. She will keep chowder at all cost and she will be using his text message. She prayed and hoped for it to work.

 

“Chowder. I’ll just go out to get you some foods and stuffs.” She informed the cute Chowchow and patted his cute lion-like head.

 

She left the back door open for him just in case the dog needs to do business.

 

“Be good, baby.” She said smiling as he her fingers. she patted him one last time then left to shop at a pet store.

 

-

 

“CHOWDER?” Chaerin panicked. She arrived back at home a ten in the evening and when she did Chowder was nowhere to be found.

 

GREAT.

 

She searched for him all over her house and found nothing. The only place left was her backyard but when she checked it... there was no Chowder to be found.

 

“Chowder?” She called out. She was scanning the whole area with her hawk eye look. If he was nowhere in her lawn that means he probably was lost in either Jiyong or her other neighbour’s lawn. That was a perk of being one of his tenant, the five houses he owns were interconnected by their lawn. She hoped Chowder was in anyone’s lawn.

 

She got out of her house and was headed to Jiyong’s house if Chowder wasn’t there she’ll check her other neighbour. As she walked to Jiyong’s house, she realized how screwed she was. She hadn’t told Jiyong yet about the dog and here she was going to ask him about him maybe she’ll check her other neighbour first, just in case so she won’t have to deal with any of Jiyong’s wrath.

 

She turned back and headed for her other neighbour’s house.

 

Minutes later, her hope deflated. Chowder was not in her neighbour’s lawn that means he was probably in Jiyong’s.

 

Please be in Jiyong’s home. Please don’t let Jiyong be mad. She mentally chanted as she walked to his home.

 

-

 

Jiyong eyed his brunette female company as she sauntered across his living room to his kitchen to get something to drink. She was very pretty and currently in a just-finish-making-out-session look. Jiyong sighed as he sank himself on his couch. He prayed this one-night-stand would help him take Chaerin out of his mind and system. He doesn’t love Chaerin, he was sure of that. He just likes her as a good tenant and feud mate. There was nothing wrong in fantasizing about her, Chaerin was a hottie and guys do that, but thinking about her almost for a whole day was ing not well.

 

“Do you have a ?” The brunette asked as she hand him the vodka. Jiyong raised a questioning brow right back at her. She gave an innocent I-forgot-to-bring-it look.

 

“I’ll get some. Wait here.” He said nonchalantly noticing the disappointed look on the brunette’s face. The girl probably brought a but seems she wanted to do the deed in his room. He won’t bring her this room. His room was always off limits. He usually did it with them on the couch.

 

He was already in his room picking a that was placed inside his bedroom drawers when his doorbell rang. He was expecting the brunette to open it. It was common sense but suddenly he realized the only visitor he had this time of the night would be Chaerin.

 

Oh god no.

 

He panicked leaving the from where it was and ran back downstairs in hopes he could stop the brunette from answering the door. He did not want her to see him in this situation. He did not want to see a disgusted look on her face. But most of all he was afraid that she would be indifferent.

 

! He mentally cursed himself for being so stupid.

 

When he reached downstairs, all hope was lost. The brunette already had answered the door. Jiyong gently pushed her away telling her to go somewhere else.

 

He was right, it was Chaerin.

 

His whole world flip when he saw the emotions on Chaerin’s face.

 

-

 

A/N: What do you guys think!?? Guess what emotions Chaerin had!? Was she happy, disgusted, mad, or hurt? Comment!! You could suggest ideas! ^^ keke~

 

Don't be a silent reader! Subscribe and comment!

 

Thankyou!!! ^______^