WEIRD

Quid Pro Quo

 

Something was wrong.

 

 

Jiyong lost his mischievous and jovial personality. He looked so tired and restless which was wrong considering it is his vacation. He was also acting very obsessed. He never and I meant not once moved at least a feet away from me. He kept on hugging me and kissing me like he was afraid I might drift off which was weird because I just admitted that I love him. Shouldn't he be happier or at least assured that I won't go anywhere?

 

 

He should but he's not. He even spent the past nights sleeping in bed with me which was not new except he was holding me tighter and really not letting me go the whole time I'm asleep. Then I wake up and I see him staring at me like he hasn't slept at all and just spent the night watching me.

 

 

It's weird and disturbing. I'm worried sick.

 

 

I asked him a few times if he is okay and he answered, let me quote this, "I'm faningtastic!" then went inside his room and sulked.

 

 

Who the hell say "faningtastic!" and expect others to believe he is fine. Faningtastic is not even a word.

 

 

Sigh...

 

 

I don't know what to do. I'm not really good at the relationship speezas thingy. I bad that's why my past boyfriends left me.

 

 

Aigoo. Maybe telling him I love him was a bad idea... Was it? He did start acting weird after Christmas. Man... But... He was the one who demanded for those three stupid words so it might not be that... Maybe there's a possibility. Maybe he didn't feel a spark when I said those words... Oh .

 

 

But he smiled and said it was the best feeling ever and he never acts distant... He was closer and clingy-er than ever. Yet, when I'm not looking he has this daze and faraway look as if he's thinking something... And I think it's bad.

 

 

Oh potato. Why the is he acting so damn weird!?

 

 

-

 

 

I felt something soft pressed against my right cheek. "Hmmm." I murmured and moved to my right without opening my eyes to give Jiyong space to lie down on my bed.

 

 

"Hey," He whispered.

 

 

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "What time is it?" I asked nuzzling on his neck.

 

 

Hmm... He smells good.

 

 

"Pass midnight." He answered. I felt his other hand brushing my hair.

 

 

"Late night at work?"

 

 

He chuckled when I kissed his neck and chin, eyes still closed. "There are a lot of deadlines I have to meet... Mediocrity is not an option."

 

 

"It never is." I agreed, opening my eyes to meet his. He was watching me with an amused smile... But his eyes, it contradicts with his smile. He looked emotionally exhausted.

 

 

"You look tired." I said even though I wanted to ask if there might be a problem he was not telling me.

 

 

He shook his head, as always. "Just a long day at work."

 

 

He was lying. I don't know how but I just know. His work is something that he enjoys thus it would never make him look so exhausted like he is now. So I'm 100 percent sure that there is something bothering him... It has been like 3 weeks since Christmas and everyday he's getting weirder and weirder.

 

 

I want to know what's up but I don't want to push him to say something he doesn't want to. Yet.

 

 

So instead of probing for more information he would not share, I just nodded. "Let's sleep." I said softy.

 

 

"Okay." He locked me in his tight embrace and soon we were both in slumber.

 

 

-

 

 

A seemingly distant ringing tone rang forcing my consciousness to wake up. I felt the bed moving and the warmth of the body lying next to me shifted away.

 

 

"." I heard Jiyong say quietly. I hear him fumbling for something, the alarm clock maybe or his phone? I don't know. I kept my eyes closed still trapped from my slumber.

 

 

I felt Jiyong get off the bed. Groggily, I sat up my bed, my eyes hooded from my interrupted sleep. Jiyong halted his movements like a deer caught in a headlight... Weird.

 

 

"Was that the alarm clock ringing?" I asked yawning as my eyes skitted over the windows. It was still dark.

 

 

Jiyong gathered his composure back then answered. "It's only 5 in the morning," I arched a brow waiting for an explanation why he would be up at 5.

 

 

"Ah... Seungri called." He explained, his eyes not meeting mine. "He said he was stuck in a woman situation and needed my help to get out," He chuckled nervously then finally looked at me.

 

 

"Woman Situation? Why you?" I asked suspicious.

 

 

"I don't know. He just said to come and get him." He replied. "I think he just needs a ride or something." He moved beside me then kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry I can't stay. I'll call later."

 

 

I gestured an okay sign and let him leave. I lay my head on my pillow, my drowsiness fading away as a disturbing feeling flooded my chest.

 

 

I got a strong feeling Seungri is not the case of whatever he'll be doing right now. Oh how I wish I'm just being paranoid and not overanalyzing stuff.

 

 

Minutes later, I heard his car engine then he drove away. I received a text message then.

 

 

From: JerKwon :> 16-01-** Wednesday

 

I love you.

 

 

Instead of having a giddy feeling like every time he tells me those three awesome words, I felt like crying. Annoyed at my suspicious self, I grabbed my pillow and threw it across the room. A crashing sound told me throwing stuff is not a good idea.

 

 

Ah, just nice... =.=

 

 

I got up from bed and checked to see what my stupid pillow just broke. A whimper escaped my lips at the sight of the broken picture frame of Jiyong and I that he purchased for me. It was a picture of us that Christmas day when we said I love you to each other. In the picture, I was kissing his cheek while he smiles smugly at the camera. We were so cute. The broken picture frame was such a downer.

 

 

Not a good sign. I closed my eyes and sent a silent prayer hoping we would be okay. I picked up the shards of glass, removed the stuck glass at the frame and placed it back on the table. With a resigned sigh, I threw the broken glass at the trash.

 

 

When I checked the clock it was half hour pass 5. Not feeling like sleeping anymore, I stepped out of my room.

 

 

I squealed when my babies ran towards me. Chowder and Mufasa both barking, greeting me a good morning. They were such a cutiepatootie. At the sight of them, my mood got better.

 

 

Suddenly, Mufasa ran back somewhere and came back with his leash in his mouth. Seeing his friend, Chowder did the same.

 

 

"Oh you two are ganging up on me." I pouted, patting both their heads. Jiyong was usually the one who takes them out. They jog every morning. My boys like their bodies fit.

 

 

I don't like running except on a tread mill but since I woke up too early to prepare for work I might as well bond with my two boys for half an hour.

 

 

"Let's run, boys."

 

 

-

 

 

I slumped at my office table thinking of earlier.

 

 

When we got back from our jog, Jiyong was not yet home. I know. I checked his car. M.I.A.

 

 

I the necklace he gave me that time when we first agreed to try to have this relationship of whatever. I've always knew we will be together. It was inevitable. He is an attractive man and I am an okay of a woman. So situation like ours usually end up being coupled up. It is a universal inevitability. Well... I hope we won't end up with another universal inevitability of broken relationships. As much as how cliché this would sound, I am hoping we'll stay together until whenever.

 

 

I checked my phone one more time. Still nothing. No message from Jiyong. This was so jerky of him. "Hmph." I huffed disappointed.

 

 

I composed a text message and sent it to him.

 

 

To: JerKwon :> 16-01-** Wednesday 11:09:35 am

How's Seungri? Is everything alright?

 

 

I was not expecting a reply so it totally shocked me when my phone buzzed.

 

 

Man, I'm totally out of it.

 

 

From: JerKwon :> 16-01-** Wednesday 11:12:35 am

Still an idiot. Sorry for not calling. Forgot to.

 

 

Huh. Forgot? He forgot to call me. Nice.

 

 

To: JerKwon :> 16-01-** Wednesday 11:15:35 am

Are you okay?

 

 

Because this is so unlike of you. I thought. This might sound egoistical but when it comes to me he never forget to do whatever. Especially calling because he calls me everyday.5 minutes passed. He didn't reply. Mother father! I took a calming breath. No need to be angry Chaerin. Calm down.

 

 

Whoa...

 

 

To: JerKwon :> 16-01-** Wednesday 11:22:35 am

Hey. You know you could tell me anything, right? I love you.

 

 

From: JerKwon :> 16-01-** Wednesday 11:24:35 am

I love you too.

 

 

He totally avoided my question! I cursed loudly then slammed my poor phone on the desk. So much for calming down.

 

 

Fine, you won't talk. Have it your way!

 

 

-

 

 

23-01-**

 

 

A stupid week passed and still Jiyong remained tight-lipped about whatever he was going through. I almost wanted to kick his for withholding information from me. Yet, he still sleeps in my bed every night when he goes home. Murmuring sweet things to my ear and saying he loves me every night as if he was afraid I'll forget it one day.

 

 

"Hey Hey Hey! Keep eating and you'll blow up." Bom reprimanded me with a smack on my shoulder. I scowled at her. "Damn. What has gotten your knickers twisted? You're worse than grumpy of the seven dwarves."

 

 

Bom demanded me to visit her today. I went to this cafe she suggested after work so we could hang out. I'm freaking not in the mood because the cafe we were at was only blocks away from YG entertainment. I was damn excited at first to go to this place so I could visit Bom then after I was planning to surprise visit Jiyong at his work. Killing two birds with one stone. But then when I texted Jiyong a "Where are you?" question with a smiley face, he replied he was out with his friend for a snack. Then I asked again "Where?” he replied just someplace near his workplace. Such vague answers... It pissed me off. I think I'm pms-ing because my moods are in mayhem. Stupid female hormones.

 

 

I didn't answer Bom. I stupidly glared at the parfait I ordered; with the pasta, tiramisu, and cupcake which are all gone by now, happily residing in my stomach.

 

 

Bom sighed. "Are you stress or something Chae? You don't usually eat this much... Especially sweets."

 

 

I puffed my cheeks then finally looked at Bom's worried eyes. "It's just hormones, Bommie. You know I eat a lot when I'm pms-ing." I said with a non-committal wave of a hand towards the empty plates.

 

 

"But not this much!" She appeared agitated. "I know you Chaerin. You can tell me anything."

 

 

I also told Jiyong he can tell me anything but he didn't. Oh the irony of it all...

 

 

I sighed. "But this is supposed to be us bonding, Bommie. I don't want to dampen it with my sad sad whatevers."

 

 

Bom rolled her eyes. "Just tell me, okay? I'm your friend sad or not I'm here for you." She said sincerely. I nodded.

 

 

So I told her everything about Jiyong. My paranoia and insecurities of our relationships. Bom listened attentively, nodding at some parts and making faces at others but all in all she let me talk letting me share my girly problems to her. When I was finished, she made an 'hmmm' sound. She always does that when she's thinking.

 

 

I waited patiently for her verdict whether I'm going paranoid or not.

 

 

She took a deep breath then stared right at me. "There is something going on with your boy." She held up a hand to stop me from saying anything. "But I doubt it's a woman since he is all dopey guy sleeping in bed with you every night."

 

 

I pouted. "I didn't say I suspect him of womanizing."

 

 

Bom snorted. Totally unbecoming of a lady. "You didn't say it but you were thinking of it."

 

 

My lips trembled. I was thinking of it but who wouldn't Jiyong has been so vague of everything except his feelings for me but I want him to be clear and truthful to me about everything.

 

 

Bom held my hand. "I know you're scared." I nodded. "But not all of men are the same, Chaerin. He will not leave you." Bom said referring to my horrible exes who left me. "I believe Jiyong loves you even though I hadn't gotten the chance to meet him yet." She added with an encouraging smile.

 

 

I managed a small smile. "He's a good guy."

 

 

"See. Just trust him."

 

 

"I trust him. Just worried."

 

 

"Stop. K? It will be okay."

 

 

I smiled. I hope so.

 

 

-

 

 

Somewhere along the street, a man and a woman were arguing. The man appeared to be frustrated while the woman seems to be enjoying the man's animosity.

 

 

"." the man cursed. "Why can't you just leave!?"

 

 

The woman smirked. "Aw. After all we've been throu-"

 

 

"We have been through nothing!" The man cut him off clearly pissed. "I don't know what you're up to but stop going to my workplace."

 

 

The woman giggled. "Why not? Everyone knows who I am."

 

 

The man cursed again. He eyed a cafe down street. He and the woman needed to talk and arguing on the street is no good. He tipped his chin towards that cafe.

 

 

"I'm in a relationship, Hyunah."

 

 

"That didn't stop you before." She replied with a sinister smile. "You know, when I was in a relationship and you were like Mr. Temptation."

 

 

Jiyong groaned at the memory. He hated this. He hated keeping things from Chaerin. The way Chaerin looked at her every night as if she could see right through him.

 

 

"Oh yippie. A cafe!" Hyunah grinned as they entered the cafe.

 

 

-

 

 

Ah.. It's been too long. How are you guys???

Sorry for not replying to your comments! But I am reading it!!! If I have time I'll reply!!!!

Thankyou for subscribing and reading! I love you!!!

Please comment, suggest and recommend!