EVICTED

Quid Pro Quo

 

“Oh my GOD! This can’t be happening!” Chaerin mentally screamed in her mind as she watched her best friend, Dara, from the window of her living room initiating a mayhem she tried to avoid. She stopped her. She really did but her best friend just has to, let me quote here, “Ripped her landlord’s balls.”  It’s not like Chaerin didn’t also want to do that but there are those situations that you should just accept because if you dare fight...

 

Well, the greater loss is on you.

 

Then she heard it. Dara shouting complaints, which she never bother to share to anyone except her, in the face of her neighbour which happens to be her almost 2-year-landlord. Well, to what is clearly happening right now, she’ll be evicted before her stay in the rental house reaches its 2 years.

 

She grew to love this house. It is just perfect for her. It is a small 2 storey house with 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, small kitchen, living room, dining room, and a garage fit for her black range rover. The medieval style of the house also made it so damn irresistible.

 

The only problem she has not been dealing is her neighbour slash landlord. That heartbreaker, playboy, partymaniac, houswrecker, annoying as hell, Kwon Jiyong. There has never been a week without Chaerin witnessing women on their walk of shame away from Jiyong’s house, a month to be a first-row audience to delusional ladies screaming their outside his house for being “A who’s afraid of commitment.” His house is plain but it is always a mess. There is always this monthly party on the second Friday of very month, which she was never been invited not like she care. His visitors always make her skin crawl and there are those times when she hears those bed noises which are seriously disgusting and damn awkward.

 

He really has been an since day one and it gets worse every day but she can’t do anything about it because he’s her freaking landlord.

 

One thing she learned in life is to never mess with the landlord if you don’t want to get kicked out. She got evicted on her previous rental house because her big mouth can’t be shut. Now she learned how to do that, she just need to avoid that as much as possible so she can just let it go and move on. She can’t risk losing this house. It is very convenient for her since it is close to her office and the price is just right for her budget. It will also be too hectic to search for a home in case that happens. Besides this town is absolutely nice and decent.

 

She just prayed Dara don’t do that much damage.

 

“This is the last time my friend will put-up with your bulls!” Dara yelled making Chaerin cringed from where she is standing.

 

“What the are you talking about!?” Jiyong asked clearly annoyed. The guy simply is oblivious to the inconvenience he put her through. Damn it, she probably doesn’t exist in his life. Not like she care, Not like it bothered her that living next to a guy insanely hot and beautiful like him for almost two years and he didn’t noticed her actually hurt her pride.

 

Yesterday night was the second Friday of October, which means it’s time for his party. Apparently, his visitors consumed too much alcohol and instead of releasing the toxics in the bathroom or outside Jiyong’s home. It happens that they vomited in front of her house. So she spent her morning blasting water at her front yard to wash of the horrible smell that made her lost her appetite for breakfast. She was willing to let it go but Dara arrived. She didn’t like it. She got too pissed at Chaerin letting everything go just because she is damn scared that she’ll get evicted. The next thing she knows Dara was charging towards Jiyong house. She ran back to the comfort of her house like a loser she now think she is.

 

When the hell did she stop fighting for her rights? Oh right, when her previous landlord took back her home.

 

She could only imagine what would Jiyong, clearly suffering from a bad hangover respond the Dara’s annoying rants. Chaerin would probably find her outside her lawn after this confrontation.

 

Damn it. Chaerin swept her long wavy blonde hair to the side as she thinks on ways how to prevent her being kicked out. With a sigh, she decided to stop Dara. She bolted out her home and into Jiyong’s front yard.

 

-

 

Jiyong was close to slamming the door in the face of the woman who complained all the he put her best friend through. He ing doesn’t know what she was talking about. He drank a lot last night and was suffering from a bad hangover and the last thing he wants to do right now is listening to a woman nagging, it is so not pleasurable at all. But when he saw his pretty blonde tenant coming to his home, he stops himself and watched her. He always wondered why the woman never talked to him. When it is time to pay for the rent, he was actually hoping to get a chance to talk to her, but she only leaves her payment in his mailbox. He had been a good neighbour. Right? So why has she been avoiding him?

 

Hmmm, maybe she’'s shy.

 

She really is a beauty even though she is only wearing an oversize black The Beatle shirt that covers her shorts and showcases her flawless legs. I wonder how that feels wrapped around my waist.

 

Chaerin grabbed Dara forcefully and told her to stop it. She glanced at Jiyong who was eye-ing them curiously. “I’m sorry about this. My friend is really not a morning person.” She reasoned out not like Jiyong is listening. He has been staring at her lovely lips.

 

“DAMN IT CHAERIN! You should never apologize to that bastard after all those s you have to suffer just because he’s your neighbour!” Dara exclaimed clearly aghast.

 

Jiyong raised his brow. He has no idea why but all the past tenants in that house always leave after two-months. He always thought maybe there’s a ghost in there or something. Never had he thought that it was actually his fault. That made him wonder what he did to piss all the past tenants.

 

Sparing one last look to his beautiful tenant and segueing a small prayer that she won’t leave like all his past tenants had done, he decided to give his poor head a rest.

 

He shut the door.

 

Oh no. Chaerin panicked as Dara’s vehemence towards Jiyong rise up to a notch. She walked pass Chaerin grabbed a huge stone from the lawn and with all her might hurl it towards Jiyong’s glass window.

 

I’m so dead.

 

 “YOU IDIOT!” Chaerin stomped like a kid for like 2 seconds. She can’t lose her rental house and with Dara breaking the glass window... she’s hopeless.

 

Right on cue, Jiyong stormed out of his house looking lethal.

 

Dara was about to shot him with a few choice of words and a touch of obscenities when Chaerin snapped at her telling her to go ing home right now. Fortunately, she did but did mutter few words on what an idiot Chaerin is. With a resigned sigh, she thought of ways how to rectify the problem.

 

She turned too looked at Jiyong and that made her take a step back. He was glaring at her like he wanted to tear her head apart.

 

It’s not my fault!!! Chaerin wanted to whine but stop herself.

 

“You friend just broke my window.” He said in a stoic tone.

 

“I’ll pay for it to be fixed!” Okay, that sounds a little desperate even for Chaerin who never really begged for anything in her life, ever. Jiyong rubbed his temple. Damn the headache. He really has no time for any more bull.

 

“Get your things out that house. I don’t need a tenant who has a demented fri-“

 

“She’s not demented! She’s just an idiot!” Chaerin argued.

 

“-end.” Jiyong continued obviously done with listening. “You’re evicted.” He stated with finality.

 

Though, it’s sad that he’ll lose thr pretty blonde who had been ignoring him from day one. But he really loathes naggers. Even though it's her friend's fault. Well, She still has to go.

 

He closed the door and hurried to his room to rest his head, Failing to notice Chaerin’s you-can’t-evict-me-that-easily expression, which means double trouble. She had enough of letting everything pass. She endured almost 2 year nuisance to just get evicted. Chaerin glanced at the broken window. With a firm decision, she went back to her house to acquire a tool to help her reclaim her home.

 

-

 

A/n: I'm doing my best! Wish me luck.