Taking care of you

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up the next morning, glad to be alive. I really thought I'm going to die of blood loss. I scratched my belly while making my way to the bathroom. My class doesn't start until 11 a.m. I still have about an hour to prepare.

 

I knocked on the bathroom door. I could hear gagging sounds from the inside. Krystal must be throwing up again.

 

“You okay?” I screamed at the door.

 

No answer.

 

I waited a couple of minutes and now I'm really worried.

 

“Hey, you okay? Open the door”

 

I knocked even harder “Krystal, answer me!”

 

I heard the lock open.

 

 

 

“Krys?” I slowly opened the door and found her sitting on the floor, her face as white as chalk. She was sweating profusely.

 

I kneel down in front of her “You okay?”

 

She was even struggling just to nod.

 

“Let me help you get back to your room, okay?”

 

 

 

She didn't protest and I knew that she's really not feeling well other wise she'll be saying her sassy comments. She has absolutely no strength, I tried to support her weight with putting her arm around my shoulder but her knees are too weak, so I swept her from the floor, lifting her bridal style. She flung her arms around my neck to steady her position.

 

She's as light as a feather. I carried her to her room and carefully put her on the bed.

 

 

 

“I'll be back” I told her and went back to the bathroom to get her warm water and a towel. I sat myself on her bed and started wiping her pale face with the towel to freshen her a little bit.

 

“Thank you” she said, I could barely hear her say “Sorry to bother you”

 

“What are you talking about, you're sick. We need to go to the hospital”

 

“No.. I don't want to. Just let me stay home and I'll be okay”

 

“But...”

 

“Please, Amber. I just need some sleep”

 

I was about to open my mouth but she said again, pleading “Please...”

 

 

 

I sighed and nodded. I looked at the clock.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

“I need to get ready for class” I told her “You gonna be okay?”

 

She nodded.

 

 

 

I took my bath and was ready to go. I decided to see her before I leave and she wasn't any better. She was still sweating profusely, apparently asleep but she was mumbling words in her sleep. I put my hand on her forehead, she's burning. I can't leave her like this.

 

 

I sighed and threw my bag on the floor and started putting compress on her forehead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter