Return

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica's POV

 

I woke up and looked at the clock. It's 8 AM. I jumped out of the bed, wanting to call Soojung. I wanted to surprise her.

 

I managed to get a new cellphone at the airport. I set the number to private so Soojung wouldn't guess that I'm home.

 

I dialed her house number but no one picked up. I dialed her cellphone number and waited until I heard,

“Hallo?” I smiled as I heard her voice.

 

“Morning, Soojungie” I said

 

“Hi, Unnie”

 

“I'll buy you new shoes if you can guess where I am?”

 

“I don't know, Unnie”

 

I frowned because her voice sounded so sad.

 

“Soojung, is everything okay? Are you okay?”

 

“I'm fine, Unnie...”

 

There's something wrong

 

“What's wrong?”

 

“We're at the hospital, Unnie”

 

“WHAT?” I jumped on my feet “What's going on? Who's sick?”

 

“N—Nayeon”

 

“What? Where are you?”

 

“At the usual hospital, they still don't know ---”

 

She didn't finish her sentence, all I could hear was her crying.

 

“Soojung? SOOJUNG?!” 

 

I was yelling at the cellphone.

 

 

“Jess?” I heard a familiar voice after a while “This is Amber”

 

“Amber! What's going on? What happened? Is Nayeon ok? Is Soojung ok?”

 

“Nayeon fainted yesterday at school. She's stable but the docs still don't know what is wrong with her.”

 

“I'm coming”

 

“What do you mean you're coming? Are you flying back?”

 

“I'm in Korea already: Wait there. I'm coming”

 

“But.. What? What do you mean you're in Korea?”

 

“I'll explain later. I'm taking the cab”

 

 

I hung up. I hurriedly took a shower and changed my clothes. I opened the door and rushed out only to collide with Soo who was standing in front of the door, supposedly going to ring the door bell.

 

“Jessica Jung, what's going on? You're so pale. Did something happen?”

 

“Nayeon is in the hospital. I need to go there”

 

“What?”

 

“She's sick, Soo. I need to get there fast”

 

She grabbed my hand “We'll take my car”

 

I nodded and was grateful that she was there.

 

 

I was so nervous, I couldn't think, I was worried.

 

“Hey...” I turned my head as Soo took my hand and gently squeezed it “She's gonna be fine”

 

Her touch calmed me down a little bit.

 

 

The road to the hospital felt like forever. The information said that Nayeon is currently at the children's ICU. Soo and I hurriedly walked there. We found Amber hugging Soojung at the waiting room, her hair and kissing her head, comforting her.

 

She might be a dork, but she loves my baby sister unconditionally and I'm glad that Soojung has her.

 

“Soojung! Amber!” I shouted

 

They broke the hug and Soojung's eyes got bigger as she saw me

 

“UNNIE?!”

 

She ran towards me and we hugged.

 

“Amber told me but I didn't believe. I mean, why didn't you tell me that you're coming home?”

 

“I wanted it to be a surprise. But not like this” I sighed “How is she?”

 

“They still can't figure out what's wrong with her”

 

“But how can that be?”

 

“Dr. Song is in China, the other doc.. she couldn't find anything wrong”

 

“What actually happened?”

 

“She was at school then she suddenly fainted in class. Her lips turned blue just like when she was born. It must be something with her heart again”

 

“Why can't the doctors find anything?”

 

“I don't know, Unnie”

 

 

“Hi Jess, glad to have you back” Amber smile and gave me a light hug “And hey, look who else we have here” Amber did the bro hug with Soo.

 

“How come you...” Amber pointed at me and Soo.

 

“We met yesterday”

 

Amber nodded with a smile on her face.

 

 

“And now? Is she awake?” I asked worriedly. Nayeon is more important than anything right now. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter