Breaking up

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Taeyeon's POV

 

 

“Ppany? Ppany? What's wrong?” I was able to catch her just before her head hit the floor.

 

She didn't answer, she just stared at me, tears start forming in her eyes and she started to cry.

 

“Did something happen?” I asked worriedly

 

 

She wiped her tears, got up and frantically looked for her luggage “I need to go back home”

 

“What?” I looked at her confused as she threw her clothes inside the luggage “Ppany, please don't do this. Tell me what happened. Who called?”

 

“My brother”

 

“What did he say? Why do you want to go home all of the sudden?”

 

“My Dad is in the hospital, Tae. They don't know if he's going to make it”

 

I pulled her into a hug “I'm sorry, baby. What did the docs say?”

 

“. Almost all of his left brain”

 

“I'm so sorry, Baby. I'll check the earliest flight there, okay?”

 

She nodded.

 

 

 

I took her to the airport at 4:30 am. I kissed her lips “Call me when you get there. I'll fly as soon as I can. I need to get someone to take care of my patients while I'm away, but I'm coming as soon as I can. I promise”

 

“I love you, Tae”

 

“I love you too, Ppany. Be strong, okay?”

 

I called a lot of my friends to ask if they can cover me for a week or so. At the end I was happy when I got Seohyun to cover my practice while I leave. I went to my practice and looked over the schedule, I called the patients whom I need to see before I leave personally and left Seohyun a detailed description and the plan for the patients.

 

Ppany called late at night, telling me that she's at the hospital, crying sadly on the phone. The doc was able to stabilize her dad, but the defect was too big, they feared he won't recover much. It hurts me hearing her crying on the phone without even being able to hold her. I tried to comfort her as good as I could.

 

I called Seohyun the next day, asking if she could start soon because I really want to be with Ppany. It did take me 3 days to see my patients that I need to see before I left. I called Amber the day Ppany left and told her what happened. I called her again before I left, I told her that a friend of mine is going to take over the practice while I'm at San Fransico. I told Seohyun that Amber and Krystal are my friends and asked her if she minds to give her private number so they can call her anytime in case Krystal has some problems. Seohyun said she doesn't mind and I was relieved.

 

 

 

I landed in San Fransisco International Airport the next day. A tall guy was holding a sign with my name on it; Ppany's little brother. His Korean isn't as good as Ppany and I don't speak English so it was kind of hard. He took me to the hospital.

 

“Tae...”

 

She ran into my arms and I held her tight “I'm here baby” I said

 

“I missed you so much”

 

“I missed you too”

 

Ppany took me to see his father, i.v lines are attached on his arm. He opens his eyes once in a while but he didn't show any other reaction. His right side is completely paralyzed. Ppany silently shed tears and I held her hand, squeezing it gently.

 

“Daddy... this is Tae, my girlfriend.”

 

“H—Hallo Mr. Hwang. My name is Taeyeon” I said in my failed english. Even that he showed no reaction, it doesn't mean that he doesn't understand or hear us.

 

“Daddy speaks Korean, Tae. I'm just using English to talk to him. You can talk in Korean”

 

“Oh, okay”

 

“I told you so much about Tae yesterday, didn't I Daddy? You still remember? She's a doc too”

 

Tiffany talked to her Dad as if he could hear and understand every single word she said. 

 

 

 

We stayed for hours before Ppany's brother came inside the room and said he'll stay for the night.

 

I went home with Tiffany, they have a nice house. I was so tired and so is Ppany, so we went straight to bed. We spent the next days mostly in the hospital, I got a chance to speak with one of the doctors with Tiffany as my translator who said that they are almost certain that he won't be able to either speak again or to swallow again. They aren't even sure if he's going to make it, that's why they're holding back with the gastrostomy.

 

Tiffany was crying the whole day after the talk. At least now I could hold her and comfort her. I stayed the whole week, her father doesn't show any progress. The doctors talked to us and asked us permission to put a nasogastric tube to feed him and give him his medication. We agreed to it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter