A wish upon a star

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's POV

 

 

 

“Hani, wait”

 

The little dog kept wagging it's tail, excitedly dragging Yuri with her.

 

“Hani!” I said “Stop!”

 

I took the leash from Yuri's hand “Give her to me”

 

Yuri nodded and I walked the excited Hani. I took a glance at Yul, she looked pale, she's fighting to fill her lungs with air.

 

 

 

“I'm tired” I lied, because I know that Yuri wouldn't admit that she needs to rest “Let's sit down”.

 

She weakly smiled. She knows that I lied.

 

I told Hani to sit and she obediently followed.

 

“Come here” I told Yul and zipped her jacket “It's getting cold” I carefully pulled her sleeve covering the shunt on her left arm.

 

She rubbed her arm “Thanks”

 

“Maybe we should go home? Your dialysis appoinment is at 8, right?”

 

“I want to stay here a little bit more”

 

 

 

I looked at her. It's been 2 years and 3 months since she tried to commit suicide. Her parents sold everything they had to send Yuri and I to Switzerland, to a small private clinic where she gets her dialysis. When she was dismissed, the doctors told us that she only has about 6 months to live, but Yuri fought it. If you asked me a year ago, I would say that we'll live together forever. But now the doctors had to intensify her dialysis, her kidneys are giving up. She doesn't have the strength anymore, she's always tired. I looked at the girl I love, if only she can share her pain, I'd be willing to receive it.

 

 

 

“Come here” she said “Sit on my lap”

 

I shook my head “I'm too heavy”

 

“Silly, since when were you too heavy for me? Come here” She patted her lap and I complied.

 

She my hair “You don't want to dye your hair blonde again?”

 

“Would you like that?”

 

She laughed “You're beautiful no matter what your hair color is. You were blonde as we first met, remember?”

 

“Yes”

 

“7 years, right? Minus the months that we broke up”

 

I feel like my eyes sting, each time we talk like this, it reminds me that we have to say goodbye again and this time it will be forever.

 

“I love you” I whispered to her. I put my hands around her neck and hid my face on her chest. I feel like crying.

 

“And I love you, Sica” She kissed the top of my head “I'm grateful for each and every second that I got to spend with you”

 

“Don't talk like that”

 

“Sorry” she said.

 

We stayed like that for a while before we went back to the apartment. I went to the kitchen to give Hani his food. As I got back to the living room, Yuri was already asleep, she's exhausted. I got a blanket and covered her body.

 

 

 

Stay with me, Yuri. I beg you. Don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter