Sacrifices

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber's POV

 

 

We met up with L the next day, agreeing to his condition. I wasn't supposed to show up for a year and Krystal and Nayeon will move to his parents' house. Krystal is not supposed to talk about me. If Nayeon asked about my absence, she should answer that I have to leave for work and she doesn't know when I'm coming back. L is building a small intermediate care room and he's looking for a couple of qualified nurses to take care of Nayeon.

 

A year.

How much will I miss?

But it's okay. It's for Nayeon's sake.

I'll be seeing Krystal occasionally, maybe on the weekends.

 

I thought everything was going to be okay. Krystal is reading Nayeon her bedtime story right now. I really did think it'll all work out just fine, until my cell beeped, it was a message from L, telling me to come outside on the east wing.

I put my jacket on and walked there. What does he want?

 

“Hi” I said

“Hi” he answered.

“What is it?”

He looked at me, pulled something out from his pocket and gave me the envelope.

“What is this?”

“Open it up”

I frowned as I saw what's in the envelope, plane tickets to a place I haven't even heard of before.

“What...?” I didn't finish my sentence as I realized what he was doing “Are you trying to get rid of me?”

“Listen, Am. I thought about it, there'll be a chance that you'll bail out from our agreement and show up in our lives. So this is precaution. You'll be doing good things there. There's a school there and they need a teacher. I talked to your professor, they're going to call this humanity work for the university”

“I'm not you. I don't bail out on my words!” I threw the envelope at his face.

“Sorry, Bro. I need Nayeon to love me. And I still have feelings for Krystal. We had a thing before you showed up. I'm sure she'll love me again if you're not in the way.”

“Don't call me Bro because you're not even near that anymore.” I screamed at him.

 

He picked up the ticket and shoved it on my chest “Take it or leave it, I can still cancel the operation”

I gritted my teeth “She's your daughter for God's sake! You have the heart to do that?!”

“I don't know her that well and you're not even giving me the chance to get to know her” he turned around to leave

 

You bastard!

My whole body is shaking from anger.

I bit my lip until it bleed to stop me from crying.

“At least let me wait until the operation is done. So I know that she's going to be alright” I said

He stopped “Fine, but leave after” He turned around again “And don't tell Krystal I planned this”

 

I put the tickets inside my jacket. I tried to pick up pieces of my heart but it's broken so badly now.

Leaving Nayeon.

L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter