Nothing like a movie

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber's POV

 

 

My lips formed a smile as I saw her coming out of her class, ignoring the giggles from the young moms behind me.

 

I frowned as I saw her and kneeled down so I can be in level with her face.

 

“What's wrong, Princess?” I asked her.

 

She just shook her head, but her lips are so pale. “Are you tired?”

 

She nodded and whined. She took her school bag off and wrapped her small arms around my neck. I lifted her, holding her with one arm, while I grabbed her school bag with the other.


“Did you play too much today?”

 

I could feel her shaking her head.

 

I put down the bag and touched her forehead. No fever.

 

 

 

“I want Mommy” Nayeon whined.

 

“Okay, let's go home to Mommy, kay?”

 

She nodded, tightening her arms around my neck.

 

I put her on the child seat, fastened her seatbelt and drove home. I checked her on the rear view mirror, she does look pale. She didn't even sing along when I played her favorite song. I lifted her inside our apartment. Thank God Krystal's home early today, she was cooking lunch as we entered.

 

 

 

Krystal gave me a confused look as Nayeon lifted her arms, indicating that she wanted to be held by her. I shrugged my shoulders, worrying and confused aswell. Maybe she fought with her friends?

 

“What's wrong, baby?” Krystal Nayeon's hair

 

“Ummm Ummm” Nayeon just mumbled and buried her face even more on Krystal's neck.

 

“Does anything hurt?”

 

“No..” Nayeon answered weakly “Hold me, Mommy”

 

 

Krystal and I exchanged worried looks. That day Nayeon didn't want to come down, Krystal and I took turns holding her in our arms. She went to bed early, barely ate something and we checked on her, no fever, no stomach ache, we didn't know what was wrong with her.

“Let's take her to the hospital tomorrow” I said as we lay on our bed.

 

Krystal sighed “I wish Dr. Song hadn't left to China”

 

“I'm sure they have another doctor who's as good as her”

 

“But she knows Nayeon since birth”

 

“I know, Krys. But someone has to check on Nayeon, it's been almost a year since the last check up. And she's acting weird today”

 

“I'm scared, Am”

 

I pulled her into a hug “Don't be. Maybe it's just a cold”

 

She nodded on my chest. I kissed her forehead and we both drifted off to sleep.

 

---

 

“Mommy! Daddy!”

 

I grunted as the little creature threw herself on my stomach.

 

“Morning, Princess” I greeted her, opening my eyes to see the little girl grin widely.

 

“Morning, Daddy”

 

 

She went to Krystal and planted kisses on her face, making Krystal giggle.

 

“Mooooommyy, wake up”

 

“Hello, Princess, you feeling better?”

 

“Hmmm” she nodded “Make me breakfast, Mommy.”

 

 

Krystal and I exchanged looks and smiled, relieved to see that Nayeon feels better.

 

“We need to go to the hospital today” Krystal told Nayeon.

 

“What? W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter