The kiss

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber's POV

 

Damn rain. I ran my way back home. It's 11 pm already. Before she went to sleep, Krystal wrote to me, telling me to be careful on my way home. She told me that Jess and Yuri are going out to watch a midnight show.

 

I tried to dry myself the best I can before going inside the apartment. I opened the door and saw Krystal already in bed. I tip toed to get some clothes and went to the bathroom. The warm bubble bath feels so nice. I closed my eyes as a loud thunder surprised me. Damn, the rain's pouring so hard and the thunders are so loud.

 

 

I enjoyed my bath, drying my hair before I went back inside the bedroom. I frowned as I saw Krystal curled up into a small bundle under the blanket. I climbed on the bed and knew something was wrong 'cause I can see the bundle shivering each time the thunder striked.

 

“Krys, you okay?” I asked.

 

 

I know I shouldn't have crossed over the midline, but I was worried. So I slowly moved over to her side, lifting the blanket and found Krystal covering her ears while shivering.

 

“Hey...” I said, slowly putting my hand on her shoulder.

 

“I thought it's forbidden to cross the middle line” She said while covering her ears tightly.

 

“It's ruled out tonight” I said and gently pulled her to me “Come here”

 

She didn't react at first but there was a very loud thunder, even I was a little bit surprised. Krystal turned around and buried her face on my chest, clenching my shirt tightly. She was shaking like crazy. I put my arms around her and her hair.

 

“It's okay. It's just a thunder” But she wouldn't stop shaking. It took me quite sometime until I managed to calm her down, I kissed the top of her head and repeated that everything is going to be okay.

 

The rain didn't stop but at least the thunder wasn't so loud anymore.

 

 

Krystal still had her head on my chest as she said, “I was at home with unnie that night. Mom called us saying that she and Dad were on their way home. We watched TV while we waited for them. And it started to rain. The thunders were so loud. I wasn't afraid of them back then. I watched how the sky lit up each time the thunder strikes. We waited and waited, but they never showed up. Unnie was holding me tight because it went colder.”

 

She didn't even lift her head as she told me the story. Her voice trembled and I knew that she was crying. I her hair again and she continued “It was 1:21 when the bell rang. We woke up and found it strange that Mom and Dad rang. But it wasn't them. It was the police telling us that they had been on an accident. The road was slippery and Dad lost control of the car. They died at the scene after the car hit a truck.”

 

“I'm sorry” I said.

 

“I'm scared”

 

“Come here” I whispered to her. She snuggled closer and wrapped her arms around me. I returned the hug.

 

“Stay with me, Am” she whispered weakly.

 

I nodded and kissed the top of her head.

 

“Promise me” she said again.

 

“I promise”

 

 

Is it wrong to feel so right holding her like this?

 

Her hair smells like strawberries.

 

 

“I'm tired” she said.

 

I couldn't help but smile “Me, too. Now let's sleep”

 

“Goodnight, Am”

 

“Goodnight, Princess”

 

I fell asleep instantly. I didn't know that about half an hour later, our bedroom door opened. Jessica cancelled their plans because she knew that Krystal's terrified of thunders and didn't want to leave her home alone.

 

She froze as she saw Krystal in my arms, she didn't know how to react to the scene. Yuri slowly took her hand and left our room. Knowing her girlfriend, Yuri pulled her to a hug “You know that she comforted her, right? Look how Soojung sleeps, I think she feels safe in Amber's arms. Don't go all Hellsica to Amber in the morning, okay?”

 

“Okay. But just this once” Jessica told Yuri, making the latter laugh.

 

“Amber is a good kid, Sica. And I know you know that deep inside”

 

“Defend Amber again and you'll be spending the next days on the couch, Kwon Yuri”

 

The latter chuckled “You know you can't resist me, Ms. Jung. Now I want something in return for that movie we missed.”

 

She kissed her girlfriend before scooping her bridal style and went inside the room. She kicked the door close and threw her girlfriend on the bed. She climbed on top of her, kissed her passionately before she whispered, “Let's make love, baby”

 

----

 

 

I woke up the next morning with Krystal still soundly asleep in my arms. I slowly pulled back, trying my best not to wake her up and covered her back with the blanket. I went to the kitchen and saw that Yuri had already prepared breakfast.

 

“Morning” I told her.

 

“Morning” She smiled at me “Had a good night sleep?”

 

I nodded and looked around “Where's your scary Princess?”

 

She laughed “Asleep, where's yours?”

 

“Still asleep too”

 

Yuri chuckled at my answer, I didn't know why.

 

“How's work?”

 

“Fine”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter