Cold heart

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica's POV

 

I threw away the book, I couldn't see the numbers anymore. I tried everything but it's just not working out with the bookstore. Instead of making profit, I'm losing all the money. Yuri was the brain behind the bookstore, I just helped her run the store.

 

I don't want to lose this bookstore because it has a lot of memories of Yul and I. I still remember every detail as we bought this store, as we fought about the color and as we got our first costumer. I remember how Yuri used to fall asleep with her tongue sticking out on the counter.

 

 

It's been 10 months already, Nayeon could crawl and she could stand while holding on to something. She even starts to walk if you hold her hands. She has 10 teeth already and she's the cutest little angel in the world. She's like mini Soojung.

 

It feels nice whenever I visit Amber and Soojung's place, to see Nayeon crawling to me and say, “Auntie Jess jess”. Spending time with Nayeon soothes my heart. But whenever I go home, every inch and every spot of the apartment reminds me of her, her dorky laughs and her touch.

 

 

 

I wonder if she hates me.

 

I shook my head, what am I thinking? Of course she hates me for what I've done to her.

 

She must have moved on. I bet her mom already found her someone else. And who doesn't love Yul? She's witty and dorky but she's always there when you need her. I told myself not to, but my tears won't stop falling at night. I miss her so bad. I want to snuggle close to her and fall asleep in her arms.

 

I wish I could hear her say my name again.

 

I wish I could hear her say goodnight to me again.

 

 

------

 

My tears won't stop falling as I received the letter from the bank the next days saying the bookstore is now for auction because I couldn't pay the debt.

 

I had to wash my face twice to make sure that my eyes weren't so puffy before I left to work. I opened the book store and went inside. No costumers again today, I dusted every corner. My heart leaped of joy as I heard the bell ring. A customer!

 

 

“Welcome” I said, my smile fading as I saw who just entered the book store.

 

“Yul...” I said, it was more than just a whisper.

 

I feel like I'm going to cry, I wanted to run in her arms and hold her tight.

 

She wore a black suit, her eyes weren't warm like they used to be.

 

“I'm the new owner of this place.” Her voice was cold “I need you to move out by the end of the month”

 

“What are you going to do with it?” I asked while looking at her

 

“I'm going to demolish it”

 

“You can't take away the book

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter