Complicated hearts

Entangled in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo's POV

 

Damn it.

 

I drove like a maniac when Krystal told me that Nayeon is in the hospital.

 

I hope she's alright.

 

I parked the car and saw Jessica's car. They're here.

 

As I went in, I bumped into someone, I said sorry and continued to walk to the reception only to realize that the person I bumped into looked pretty much like L.

.

.

Whatever.

 

Nayeon comes first.

 

I asked where Nayeon is and the nurse gave me the direction. I frowned as I saw Jess and Krystal stand at the door. Why aren't they getting in?

 

“Jess, Krystal, is everything alright?”

 

They didn't answer me, they're just staring into something, I followed their gaze and my jaw dropped.

 

 

“Oh my God!” I screamed “AMBER?!”

 

The girl smiled awkwardly “Hi, Soo” she scratched her head in her normal dorky way. Her voice and her smile didn't change, but she's so tanned, she died her hair blond and shaved the sides, she looks really good.

 

“But how, I mean when, why didn't you tell us?” I came in, passed the still petrified sisters and gave her a bro hug.

 

“A few days. L called me because he couldn't reach Krys...” her eyes went soft as she mentioned her name and took a glance at Krystal.

 

“He knew that you were back?” I was surprised.

 

She shook her head “I haven't told anyone. I don't know how he got my number. I didn't ask him, I was busy with Nayeon. I----”

 

She took another glance at the door. Krystal is still frozen at the door.

 

 

“Jess...” I called Jessica's name.

 

“Oh...” That woke her up from her trance. She took Krystal's hand and dragged her inside the room “Hi, Amber, welcome back”

 

She hugged her awkwardly

 

“Thanks, Jess” Amber smiled.

 

Amber's gaze never left Krystal, who avoided looking at the tanned girl.

 

 

“Krys---” Amber's voice was barely audible. Krystal ignored her and went to sit next to Nayeon. She kissed her forehead and her hair.

 

“The doc said she's okay. They gave her meds to stop the reaction and it made her sleepy” Amber said.

 

Still no reaction from Krystal.

 

I looked at Amber, she stretched her hand unconsciously as if she wanted to pull Krystal to a hug but she pulled it back. She closed her eyes for a while, regulating her breathing, looking silently at Krystal.

 

 

The sky got dark, no one said anything in the room. The air was so heavy from the tension between Amber and Krystal. I looked at Jess, mentally asking for help. Jess got up and approached Krystal, her hair.

 

“Soojungie, Nayeon is alright. Soo and I will stay for tonight. Why don't you go home? Take my car” She continued her sentence carefully “Maybe you can bring Amber home?”

 

There was no reaction at first but then Krystal stood up and nodded.

 

“Please call me if anything happens” Krystal said.

 

“You know we'll do that, Soojungie. Don't worry”

 

She kissed Nayeon on the forehead and took the car key from Jess. I can't tell what she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter