Chapter 8

I Am A Monster!

 

“Whoa…”

“What? Is it weird?” I asked.

“You look great!” Sehun oppa said.

“Thanks… Oh seems like someone’s been working out!” I said.

“Hey! No peeking! I’m wearing a singlet inside.” He said, pulling his clothes tightly.

“You kids going out?” Ajusshi asked.

“Yeah, it’s Haera’s friend’s birthday.” Oppa said.

“Oh, well, have fun!” Ajusshi said.

“Bye ajusshi!” I said and we went out. Oppa drove us there and it was a long journey.

“Haera, wake up! We’re here.” Oppa said.

“Ah… I fell asleep? Sorry, I should have talk to you more in the car.” I said.

“No worries. Let’s go.” He said, offering his arm.

“Let’s go!” I hooked my arm to his.

Yoojun’s house is huge! We rang the doorbell and the butler opened the door.

“Ah, Miss Haera and ummm… Company, Master is waiting for you.” He said.

“Thank you.” I said and pulled him in.

“The party is at the poolside, please, follow me.” He said and led us to the pool.

Everything in Yoojun’s house looked so grand. So beautiful.  I was walking so tensed up, afraid that I might bump into something expensive.

I was shocked when we reached the pool. There are so many people, blue hair, pink hair, yellow hair, purple hair…. Well, it is a cosplay party after all.

“Haera! You’re here!” Yoojun said.

“Hey, happy birthday! How are you?” I asked.

“I’m fine.” He said.

“I’m sorry I treated you like that the other day.”

“It’s alright. I know it’s hard to be doing assingments alone.” He said. “And this is?”

“Oh, this is my cousin, Oh Sehun.” I said, introducing him to oppa.

“Cousin? Oh so you’re the cousin that Haera is staying at your house?” Yoojun asked.

“Yeah.” Oppa doesn’t seem to like him. I wonder why.

“Hey you’re not wearing the costume I got for you.” He said, he looked kinda disappointed.

“Sorry Yoojun, it’s not that I don’t like it, it just doesn’t fit my style.” I said.

“It’s alright, now you enjoy the party and I’ll be back in a while.”

“Okay, sure.” I said and he went off.

“You like that guy?” Oppa asked.

“He’s a friend in school.” I said.

“So, you like him?”

“What? No.”

“He likes you?”

“I don’t know. Ask him.” I joked.

“I don’t like him.” Oppa said suddenly.

“Why?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I just got this feeling that I don’t like him.” Oppa replied.

“Hmm…. If you don’t want to be here, maybe we could go home?” I said.

“Nah, it’s alright. We’ll stay. Besides, cool party and free food!” Oppa joked.

“Aigoo…. If food everything to you?”

“Maybe?” He said. “I’ll go us something to drink. Wait here.”

I just stood there and waited for oppa to come back. I don’t know what else to do, there are many people here but I don’t know them.

“Haera, I’m back!” Yoojun appeared.

“Ah, nice party Yoojun.” I said to him.

“Thanks! I have something to give you. Do you mind coming with me for a while?” He asked.

“Where to? I promised Sehun oppa I’ll wait here for him.” I said.

“It’ll only be a while. Come on.” He said and pulled me across the crowd of people.

He bought me upstairs to the balcony. There was no one there. The cool night wind blows and it feels nice to be away from that crowd of people.

“Haera…” He said suddenly and hugged me.

“Yoojun? What are you doing?” I asked, trying to push him away.

“Please, just for a while.” He said.

I stood still, not knowing what to do. This guy is weird but in a good way. Some people say that he’s a bad tempered person but what I saw with my own eyes is different.

“You said you have something to give me?” I asked.

“Ah yes. This.” He said, holding up a box.

“What is this? What are you doing?” I was shocked when he kneeled down on one leg.

“Haera, will you please be mine? I promise to take care of you.” He said.

“I… But Yoojun, I have already told you before… The answer is still the same.”

“Why Haera? You never gave me a chance.” He said.

“Yoojun, I already have someone in mind. Please, don’t do this.” I said.

“Who? That cousin of yours? You can’t even be together! He’s your cousin!” He said.

“How did you know? And Yoojun, I am an adopted child. We are not blood related.” I said.

“So it’s true that you liked him. But why?” He asked. Yoojun looked hurt, I felt so guilty. Maybe I shouldn’t have come to this party at all.

“Because he takes care of me when I needed him the most. He’s always there for me.” I said.

“Haera, please. Just give me chance.” He said.

“Yoojun… I’m sorry… I can’t.”

“I can do better that that guy.”

“That guy has been in my life for the past 17 years.” I said.

“But what if he will only treat you as a cousin sister?”

“I’ll wait. Wait for the day he will realize that I like him.” I said.

“Haera…”

“So, I’m sorry Yoojun, I’ll be going home now.”

“No, don’t go.” He caught my hand and kissed me on the lips.

I tried to push him away, but he was too strong. Oppa, help me.

I felt someone pulled me away from him and the next thing I saw is Yoojun sitting on the floor, with his nose bleeding. Oppa standing next to him, with his hands clenched in a fist.

“Oppa!” I was shocked.

“If you touch Haera again it will be far worse than a punch!” Oppa said, he was very angry.

Yoojun just glare at oppa and I was stunned, not knowing what to do.

“Let’s go Haera.” Oppa said, pulling me with him.

“Hold on oppa.” I said and run back to Yoojun. I felt guilty to him.

“Haera! What are you…?”

“I’m sorry Yoojun… Here, wipe away your blood.” I said, giving him a tissue.

“I’m sorry too Haera.”

“Let’s go.” Oppa said and pulled me away.

“Oppa… Mianhae…” I said while walking out of the house.

“For what? Getting a forced kiss?” His expression is cold and so is his tone.

I kept quiet.

“What you said back there. Is it true?” He asked suddenly.

“What I said… You were listening? !”

“To tell you the truth… I actually have a huge crush on you too Haera.” He said. He blushed a little.

“Huh? Really?” I was shocked.

“I was just scared that you already have a boyfriend in Seoul and maybe you only treat me as a cousin.” He said.

“Me too… I thought you will only see me as your cousin…” I said.

The both of us laughed. He held my hand and stare at me.

“Haera, saranghaeyo.” He said.

I hugged him. I felt so happy that if I died now, it would all be ok.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sehun’s Point Of View

Where’s Haera? She was here a minute ago. I started looking for her around the house.

“Excuse me have you see Haera?” I ask the butler.

“Ah, master has bought Miss Haera upstairs.” He replied.

“Thank you.”

That’s weird, why would he bring her upstairs for? I went upstairs to look for her. Ah! There they are, at the balcony. What is that guy doing?

“That guy has been in my life for the past 17 years.” I heard Haera saying. Are they talking about me?

“But what if he will only treat you as a cousin sister?”

“I’ll wait. Wait for the day he will realize that I like him.” She said.

“Haera…”

“So, I’m sorry Yoojun, I’ll be going home now.”

“No, don’t go.” That guy pulled her hands and forced a kiss on her.

I can feel the anger in me building up. I went up there and pulled Yoojun away from Haera and punch him hard on the face. Haera just stood there and was stunned.

“If you touch Haera again it will be far worse than a punch!” I said.

I pulled Haera away, but she went back to him and apologized to him, she even gave him a tissue to wipe away his blood. What is that girl thinking? I was angry and I don’t know what to do.

We were quiet while walking out. Haera apologized and I can’t feel angry towards her.

“What you said back there. Is it true?” I asked.

“What I said… You were listening? !”

I felt happy that Haera felt the same way as I did. I thought Yoojun was here boyfriend but he was not. I am her boyfriend now.